Discussion about Veteran QOL

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Kleio and I agreed that mandatory certing is the devil and you shouldn't be forced to cert and decert all day, even in the most hardcore mode. As for batching we have been looking to the RSC refugees that hadn't played any private servers before now, they seem to generally agree that they'd like to keep batching in veteran mode now that they've gotten used to it.

Agreed but there is no true rsc server anymore it has now officially died

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Billy said:

Kleio and I agreed that mandatory certing is the devil and you shouldn't be forced to cert and decert all day, even in the most hardcore mode. As for batching we have been looking to the RSC refugees that hadn't played any private servers before now, they seem to generally agree that they'd like to keep batching in veteran mode now that they've gotten used to it.

Edit: In the past I've asked n0m about disabling the equipment tab for certain modes, it seems like the time it would take to support both client settings just isn't worth it.

Same as Lemuria said, having a shared economy kind of ruined the concept.  It was a great idea, but not fully fleshed out, and now that it's 3 months old, it's kind of too late.  Turn this into 1x rscr mode and fully flesh out a classic experience to be released down the line with a separate economy.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Pink and Blue Bottles Send PM

^^ sounds reasonable. It's essentially too late to start removing stuff, a 1x RSCR mode and a fully replicated RSC experience (just without certs) could be released sometime down the line

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

vet can't have a separate economy due to the low number of players.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

sirpyrrhic said:

The fact that ironman is a thing with a 1 person economy basically shuts that theory down.  Also, the number of vets is pretty similar to the number of deadman season 1 players, and that separate economy worked out fine.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Aewynn Send PM

I do not think veterans should have batching but i wouldn't mind if x1 exp without the veteran tag was possible.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

The fact that ironman is a thing with a 1 person economy basically shuts that theory down.  Also, the number of vets is pretty similar to the number of deadman season 1 players, and that separate economy worked out fine.

true but a separate individual economy is one of ironman's unique points.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears