[UPDATED THREAD] Dead Man mode update

Player avatar

yotapower26 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

When is this being released

Player avatar

acrybaby Send PM

i disagree with all the of this and say you should just run it AS IS cause you will end up changing the rules of the game for some "RANDOM" DMM player in the end and just ruin it for those who have BEEN playing since the start.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

yotapower26 said:

When is this being released

Depending on testing, sometime next week, everything that is not in the discussion part of my initial post has already been done developmentwise.

acrybaby said:

i disagree with all the of this and say you should just run it AS IS cause you will end up changing the rules of the game for some "RANDOM" DMM player in the end and just ruin it for those who have BEEN playing since the start.

Can you go in more detail what you think this is ruining, because the post has around 20 points of changes and all of them can't be just wrong smile Also I hope you understand these changes are not for the whole game, but for the deadman mode players?

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I like all the changes that were made thus far.  Since this DM season is going to be MUCH shorter than last time, and it IS a contest, these new implementations work perfectly.

Player avatar

VITUHARAKAS Send PM

Not allowing mules sounds like a good idea. Hope there will be alot of banning.

What will the combat stat xp rates be?

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Thank you for taking your time to write your answer, I highly appreciate the feedback! I'll give answer to the points we have disagreements on.

deadmanmiyu said:

Access only to f2p map area (aswell as f2p items only) - this will make 1v1 way too slow and feels like something the current "real pkers" think is a good thing.. I agree that the zone is quite large if all of p2p area would be used with the amount of players on the server, but to remove all the p2p items, spells, skills etc will make the time to kill someone alot slower, and tbh. it worked in last "season", even with the bigger map and an even lower playercount as far as I can tell

If you have seen the previous thread, majority of players giving feedback were requesting the limit to f2p and I personally would like to try that, how DMM would work with limiting players to f2p. It may be excellent, may be too crowded, only way we'll know is if we actually try, I believe it will be quite fun when deadmen with keys won't have all that map to hide with the loot, but will be heavily hunted across f2p. If this season is f2p it does not mean other seasons will be, I strongly believe this is something we should try and hopefully we all will enjoy it greatly smile

deadmanmiyu said:

Can't enter wilderness - limits some of the map (maybe keep p2p map if wildy is all gone?) , it also makes people that usually just afk farm in wildy on their normal chars to have a reason to venture out in the actual real map and find new hidden gem spots to farm at

Giving access to the wilderness to Deadmen creates a variety of issues I have mentioned in the previous thread.

deadmanmiyu said:

karamja fishing platform - for the love of God no, one of the most fun things when you had a few minutes over was to go to catherby fishingspot ungeared, stand in the bunch of fishers, swap on ur r2h and start a fullout brawl, any unexpecting fisher that went full normalmode 0 food all uncooked got their head put into the water rather quick.. there should be a risk to get the "best" food in the game

The risk remains, the fishing platform safe zone was switched to the store, the platform will remain a pking zone, I might move it further away to the rum store if the distance is way different than it was to the bank to Catherby.

deadmanmiyu said:

1+2. no levelcap and no cap to what level you can attack, make it as OSRS version of deadman is, if you kill someone of a much lower level, make you have a skull of an hour so you actually get punished for it, like last "season" having to level a character on each level was complete bullshit just to kill someones skiller character (usually thievers that never answered to text and kept thieving except after a mod was called to tp them around). - what could be done aswell if possible, is some kind of xp cap as what OSRS use, making it so u would grind for your xp cap, then go pk, next day, you have more xp to cap, also this would keep the levels of players around the same.. this also gives time for other things, such as doing quests to get an edge, wearing gear that others wouldnt since they dont quest or even to do skilling (ofc skilling wouldnt be capped since it doesnt change ur chances in combat)

Yes our version of DMM is a bit older than what OSRS currently does with the experience limiting and temporarely locking out content. I think we will be seriously considering doing something like this.

deadmanmiyu said:

3. somewhat connected to 1+2, if there would be an xp cap, the rates that was on first season wouldnt be too bad in my opinion? it wasnt too fast neither was it slow

Yes, we're keeping the same rates.

deadmanmiyu said:

4. ?????? a link to some rscrevolution wiki, how to make gp? seems pointless to have a startup package when its not hard to get items, you already have the bestiary to see what all mobs drop no? and yet again, if there is a xp cap for combat xp, the time you have to make gp, skill, look at what mobs to farm the next day to cap your combat xp and get the items you want

I myself don't mind starting with nothing, but the problem is that some players have an issue with that. The package is not that great, just something to bump you.
d0431565464192eba3792c7ab85a296b.png
It looks like this at the moment.

deadmanmiyu said:

5. 1 IP seems like a good idea, but going back to 1+2 answer, if there is a 1IP you cant have a attack level cap, having to level several characters to pk peoples skillers, fishers etc. its also very easy to just have a fisheralt on ur mobileclient fishing, especially if theres a safezone for fishing, runes in inventory for quick tp to safe bank 0 risk, this is the same thing if theres "safe" training spots with mobs that drop runearmors (really?). as for teaming, since the majority of the world was 1v1, actually making use of teaming to cut off someones escape for me was a fun part of it, but the old deadman post mentioned that keypointss like barb village for example would be a multi area, but it wasnt, instead all of wildy was a multi area, making huge teams have a large advantage of the bonus xp for being in wildy and most common afk spots to train in.

I think we won't be doing the 1IP, but the 1v1 zone definitely needs a rework.

deadmanmiyu said:

7. auctionhouse gave you a way to trade with deadmans, but it also benefitted muling and alts, however this is something you will never be able to actually punish, remove purchase function on AH? just kill your own alt to transfer, whats gonna stop that? remove items from dropping when u kill another player? wouldnt really work in a mode thats quite heavily pk focused.

I will be personally following deadman related logs and any abusers of the system will be banned from DMM with all their characters. Zero tolerance.

deadmanmiyu said:

8. just no, players need to find their own way to get food, its part of the game, especially in deadman, who doesnt want to to fight in the cowpen to steal someones hardearned cooked meats?

You should have updated the number to say what you're talking about big_smile

deadmanmiyu said:

11. Imo. I dont like random caches that can drop with good loot, theres already alot of monsters that can drop rune items, if anything, it could be a key drop that would also show like a deadman key above your head, so you have to go unlock your "cache" at some certain spot, also make it so you can only have 1 of those on you like a cluescroll, so you can decide, do you want to pick the key up to make you a pk target or not (cache have to be valuable enough for you to risk your life tho)

I don't exactly understand what you mean by "random cache", but I assume you mean the random drop. Well since the season will be f2p, there is not exactly "plenty" of good drops smile It is just something that drops on the ground only for deadmen, for example you farm whatever npcs and find 10 noted swordies on the ground, it's nothing big, but helps you out, especially if you're recovering from losing a bunch of items. Same system is used on OSRS in the latest seasons of DMM.

deadmanmiyu said:

12. what will stop non deadmans from farming these mobs? dont really see the point if p2p or wildy would remain (one of the two) since thats where most valuable mobs are, but if both these zones would be removed, there need to be some mobs at areas that could drop decent items (dragons, demons etc.) or just force people to level smithing.. HOWEVER.. where do we get rune ore if we cant go to wilderness? smile

It is easy to make a small recitricted zones enterable only by Deadmen, restriction is not an issue, but for a fact some custom spawn will be needed, like everyone would like to see the Greater Demons for the rune larges. I completely forgot about the rune ores, probably Barbarian Village would be a nice and dangerous spot for rune ore? Minable only by deadmen ofc.

deadmanmiyu said:

also, safezones in general should not even be accessable by a skulled deadman, but there should be alot more "rogue" banks for deadmans to make use of when skulled, looking to OSRS version, they have edgeville, draenor and al kharid arena bank in the "f2p" areas (possibly even more, not entirely sure), but last season here, you could pretty much waltz through safezones and even bank when skulled without much difficulty.. killing another player in deadman is rewarding but should also be a risk

Didnt the DMM guards take care of the skulled deadmen entering safezones, or did they not work exactly right? What do you think would be a good spot for the unsafe bank regarding f2p map?

deadmanmiyu said:

and thinking back, the items you got from someones key was by far not their most valuable items, instead it seemed to focus on the stack size, so if I had 100 r2h in my bank, aswell as 101 burnt shrimp, it would give the killing player a part of my burnt shrimp stack, not the r2hs that have a much higher value. and I dont know how many that actually knew, but beeing skulled in last season when you died, reduced the xp you lost aswell as reduced the amount of items your killer got from your key, so doing a ::skull when someone attacked you while very far away from a safe area actually benefitted you incase of death.

I will look into it, try to remember as many issues as you remember, so they can be resolved before the season starts wink

deadmanmiyu said:

oh, also forgot to mention, the 10 safeslot shouldnt be able to hold stackables imo. thats your storage for incase you die to either use or sell to be able to buy new food, gear etc. the fact that I could have all my large stacks of items in those 10 slots (runes mainly) and keep trashitems in a higher stacksize than my rune items outside of the safeslots to make those trashitems drop instead of the lowerstack amount rune items were quite flawed.

How do you suggest doing the safeslots, just no stackables in the slots?

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

Sosa said:

make dmm chars quested fully . everything is good aside from having 2 grind quests. dont listen to the nutjobs... agree with everything u said kleio

Player avatar

deadmanmiyu Send PM

Yeah, sorry, some of the numbers was changed from when I copied the list but figured I would post it and edit later on if something was unclear smile

Aswell as some changes that had been made after I copied it too such as the fishing platform safezone changed to the generalstore, doesnt seem too bad since it gives a chance to atleast attack the fishers now.

But regarding what was previous mentioned about attackable levels, I still feel that it should be alot harsher to stay at a lower level, it seems like the new system u've made with 3tiles/+1lvl difference is even more of an advantage to have a "friend" fishing for you, staying at a low level, this however also is affected by how you'd regard muling, does having someone thats staying at a lower level to avoid getting attacked by highlevels to fish more safely then giving the fish to their friends through auctionhouse seem like muling to you, or just a smart use of the current tile/attack system?

Kleio said:

I myself don't mind starting with nothing, but the problem is that some players have an issue with that. The package is not that great, just something to bump you.
https://i.gyazo.com/d0431565464192eba37 … 5a296b.png

After seeing the "starter bonus" it doesnt really affect me as its not something way too big, but will any of these items be tradeable / droppable on death in a way that someone might abuse it? if not, will you look into making them not being able to be gained from a dmm key aswell so they dont block a slot of actual item that can be dropped from someones bank?

Kleio said:

I will be personally following deadman related logs and any abusers of the system will be banned from DMM with all their characters. Zero tolerance.

Sounds good but as I asked earlier here, how far will helping a friend out with food / materials be seen as just clever use to being someone mule, because as far as I can tell not everyone will play deadman (as first season) and paying a friend in normal gp to just fish for you on a lowerlevel is not impossible that it will happen (But mainly I would guess its the same player just on a 2nd IP via mobile tongue )

deadmanmiyu said:

8. just no, players need to find their own way to get food, its part of the game, especially in deadman, who doesnt want to to fight in the cowpen to steal someones hardearned cooked meats?

Kleio said:

You should have updated the number to say what you're talking about big_smile

Uhm.. Im pretty sure this one was regarding having a masterfisher, and seeing how deadmans will get 3x fish I really dont see the point of a masterfisher, although with starterpack food I dont think we'll see someone pking over cookedmeats in cowpen smile

Kleio said:

I don't exactly understand what you mean by "random cache", but I assume you mean the random drop. Well since the season will be f2p, there is not exactly "plenty" of good drops smile It is just something that drops on the ground only for deadmen, for example you farm whatever npcs and find 10 noted swordies on the ground, it's nothing big, but helps you out, especially if you're recovering from losing a bunch of items. Same system is used on OSRS in the latest seasons of DMM

I assumed it would be something of bigger value than 10 noted swordies, but if thats around the value of the random drop it wouldnt affect much imo.

Kleio said:

I completely forgot about the rune ores, probably Barbarian Village would be a nice and dangerous spot for rune ore? Minable only by deadmen ofc.

Depends if barbvillage will have a customset levelrange to attack/multi, I think it should be at someplace where even high lvls could kill level 3s to not have someone just skilling rush for it to yet again, avoid combat with people that level to max

Kleio said:

Didnt the DMM guards take care of the skulled deadmen entering safezones, or did they not work exactly right? What do you think would be a good spot for the unsafe bank regarding f2p map?

The blackarmor dmm guards wasnt around during the majority when most was playing deadman afaik, but the normal guard ones sometimes never even attacked when you ran through edge or went into a bank to grab food, for unsafe banks, I'd suggest to have the draenor bank, since its around the middle of the f2p area, and maybe the bank northeast of varrock at blue moon inn? and keep the al kharid gatepass one.. should give deadmans some choice where to go when their supplies run out skulled but still limited enough that someone could hunt them down

Kleio said:

either no stackables, so for example, you put a rune 2hander in, then a 2nd one and it takes up 2 slots together if possible? or if stackables would remain to be put in the safeslots, reduce them drastically to about max 5, thatway you cant keep a full extra set of gear food and runes, especially if lvl 80 would be max, a player going for a hybrid monk could literally have his full gear in the 10 slots (3 slots runes, 2 monk pieces, 1 r2h, 1 foodslot, 1 pot, 1 bow, 1 arrows?) if it would remain 10 with stackables

Last edited by deadmanmiyu (9 Jul 2018 15:56)

- Bootyhunter

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

deadmanmiyu said:

But regarding what was previous mentioned about attackable levels, I still feel that it should be alot harsher to stay at a lower level, it seems like the new system u've made with 3tiles/+1lvl difference is even more of an advantage to have a "friend" fishing for you, staying at a low level, this however also is affected by how you'd regard muling, does having someone thats staying at a lower level to avoid getting attacked by highlevels to fish more safely then giving the fish to their friends through auctionhouse seem like muling to you, or just a smart use of the current tile/attack system?

Regarding muling, hat is probably one of the definitions of muling, OSRS has the advantage of having GE that basically can control prices, we don't have that, and we're definitely not gonna be setting fixed prices to items. But we have a nice backend service with easy trackable auctions that I will be regularly checking for abuse of the system and just ban the parties involved from the DMM. If you don't want to be self sufficient, just dont play DMM ant stay on the regular game smile In the future we may hold events where that is allowed, we were even talking on Discord genera chat about a game mode where resources are given and you just need to do your best within the game mode period, but DMM is not for that, so please stick to the rules we set or just enjoy the regular RSC.

deadmanmiyu said:

Kleio said:

https://i.gyazo.com/d0431565464192eba37 … 5a296b.png

After seeing the "starter bonus" it doesnt really affect me as its not something way too big, but will any of these items be tradeable / droppable on death in a way that someone might abuse it? if not, will you look into making them not being able to be gained from a dmm key aswell so they dont block a slot of actual item that can be dropped from someones bank?

At first I was thinking about adding some special items just for DMM as the starter kit, but the value of the gear seen in the inventory ir like 3.5k if you sell it to the store. So I just did not bother in the end and just decided that that value we can risk. Any abuse of the starter kit can be easily tracked in the logs and  would end up with all parties involved getting banned from DMM.

Kleio said:

deadmanmiyu said:

Sounds good but as I asked earlier here, how far will helping a friend out with food / materials be seen as just clever use to being someone mule, because as far as I can tell not everyone will play deadman (as first season) and paying a friend in normal gp to just fish for you on a lowerlevel is not impossible that it will happen (But mainly I would guess its the same player just on a 2nd IP via mobile tongue )

As I stated just before DMM players need to be self sufficient, helping out a buddy by using him as a mule may just end up badly. DMM is about making the best character and have the best gear YOU can get in an extreme environment, hold the gear and ruin lives of other people trying to do the same by killing them, raiding their banks and making them lose xp. We need to allow all trades or allow nothing, we have decided to allow a public auction house, but we will be making sure there is no abuse. As I said before, if you don't find that fun, you should not make DMM characters and enjoy the regular game mode. We can't please everyone with the decisions we make regarding DMM rules, but this particular season will be like this, we may be more than happy to try a season with an open market down the line when teammates can share the loot of their victims, but not this time wink

deadmanmiyu said:

Uhm.. Im pretty sure this one was regarding having a masterfisher, and seeing how deadmans will get 3x fish I really dont see the point of a masterfisher, although with starterpack food I dont think we'll see someone pking over cookedmeats in cowpen smile

Masterfisher was added to the list before we decided on the 3x fish, he won't be added for DMM.

deadmanmiyu said:

Kleio said:

I don't exactly understand what you mean by "random cache", but I assume you mean the random drop. Well since the season will be f2p, there is not exactly "plenty" of good drops smile It is just something that drops on the ground only for deadmen, for example you farm whatever npcs and find 10 noted swordies on the ground, it's nothing big, but helps you out, especially if you're recovering from losing a bunch of items. Same system is used on OSRS in the latest seasons of DMM

I assumed it would be something of bigger value than 10 noted swordies, but if thats around the value of the random drop it wouldnt affect much imo.

Yea it won't me anything major, but will sure make you happy while farming npc's.

deadmanmiyu said:

Kleio said:

I completely forgot about the rune ores, probably Barbarian Village would be a nice and dangerous spot for rune ore? Minable only by deadmen ofc.

Depends if barbvillage will have a customset levelrange to attack/multi, I think it should be at someplace where even high lvls could kill level 3s to not have someone just skilling rush for it to yet again, avoid combat with people that level to max

Yea we will have to make the intersection multi combat.

deadmanmiyu said:

Kleio said:

The blackarmor dmm guards wasnt around during the majority when most was playing deadman afaik, but the normal guard ones sometimes never even attacked when you ran through edge or went into a bank to grab food, for unsafe banks, I'd suggest to have the draenor bank, since its around the middle of the f2p area, and maybe the bank northeast of varrock at blue moon inn? and keep the al kharid gatepass one.. should give deadmans some choice where to go when their supplies run out skulled but still limited enough that someone could hunt them down

Regular guards are not suppause to check Deadmen, but we will make sure DMM guards work well and can still be a bit challenged and ran away from when getting attacked. I think only one bank in-game should be a non-safe zone, f2p is not that big and having Draynor as the only unsafe bank would be the obvious choice where you could try to find poor skulled pkers low on supplies, which might be fun.

deadmanmiyu said:

Kleio said:

either no stackables, so for example, you put a rune 2hander in, then a 2nd one and it takes up 2 slots together if possible? or if stackables would remain to be put in the safeslots, reduce them drastically to about max 5, thatway you cant keep a full extra set of gear food and runes, especially if lvl 80 would be max, a player going for a hybrid monk could literally have his full gear in the 10 slots (3 slots runes, 2 monk pieces, 1 r2h, 1 foodslot, 1 pot, 1 bow, 1 arrows?) if it would remain 10 with stackables

No I would not do what you're suggesting.