How can we improve RSCR wilderness PKing?

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Hi. i've definitely heard complaints regarding the PK on RSCR. Where big teams make it impossible for solo pkers to stand a chance, parked accounts, multitask pking etc etc.

I wanted to make this thread so we all can discuss and come up with a possible solution for these problems.

Here are two ideas of mine:
1. A new prayer skill called "defender"(or something else) when activated it will limit your character to only be attacked by one player at a time.
2. If you login in wilderness you are unable to attack a player for 60-90 seconds (might be useless though as parkers will just login 60-90 seconds beforehand).

Other:
Remove 1v1 wilderness and replace with a deathmatch arena. Send requests via right click player "deathmatch with" followed with a GUI where u can put in items to deathmatch, select options such as "F2P/P2P", "No Magic", "No Ranged", "No Potions", upon accepting the deathmatch you are teleported to an arena where you and your opponent will fight till someone of you dies with a 60 seconds counter to pick up the loot before you are automatically teleported back to edge etc.

Please, Let's not turn this thread into a flame war!

Just ban temp people for a day or disable them from attacking for 24 hours? If caught..multilogging or logging off to logb on another char... to attack the same player you were fighting?  Instead of a log attack timer, what about a 20 sec log In time on the main log in screen? Don't sweat guys these are only suggestions. Maybe these might trigger a better idea with a player reading this.

Last edited by padwan121 (30 Jan 2016 12:57)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Teemu Send PM

betasubscriber

padwan121 said:

larsftw said:

log = tele to border ruins all afking in wild..

Add deathmatch arena if you feel like it but dont put stupid limiting rules to the wilderness, ppl that think they only suck and die because they allways gets teamed etc. are just searching for excuses to justify their failure. It has been proven over and over on different servers that limiting pking for actual pkers will not get more ppl to pk.

Teaming is fine, nothing wrong with it what so ever. However parking chars and multi logging is a scrub move and unjust in my opinion.

#getrekt

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pove.arkku.net/upload/uploads/teamfin.png[/img]

Player avatar

The Machine Send PM

subscriber

First off Wilderness is only 10 percent of rscrevolution. Created so people who started wouldn't be killed in cities and in banks and people who wanted to pk and attack other players would have a place for that.
-You enter hotspot you now have a 40 min red skull.
-if more than 4 people in hotspot you will not get bonus(makes people kill everyone)
-using teleport makes u skull(if their sole purpose is to train than they walk...)
-saturday changed to "PK DAY" Just entering wilderness makes you skulll.
^Wilderness is 10 percent of rsc. Skillers have 90 percent of world to skill..(saturday Bonus xp in wild)
-if your items in inventory dont=more than 75k worth. protect items is turned off.(for user)
^r2h sells for 32k in store i think.. entire inventory has to be over 75k.
-using "skipper" teleports u to edgeville, but logs u out.(Everyone hates nonskullers nonstop fighting wasting items)(Make them reset so they skull if they attack)
-Server randomly sets a bounty on a player. (maybe 100k)The player has to stay in above 20 wild for more than 20 mins and if that player stays alive than that player wins the bounty.(the player is unable to log for the 20 mins)(the bounty is now transfered to the person who killed the player and now has to stay above 20 wild.)
^gets players to go deep in wild.

Player avatar

punKrockeR Send PM

subscriber

What about having a bounty on pkers who get a kill streak? The higher their kill streak the higher the bounty (in gp or food/pots).

n0m said:

We have planned to add a 30-60 second time-out if you login in wilderness. It would probably make parking useless.

Something like this has to be done.

Last edited by punKrockeR (3 Feb 2016 10:18)

"I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, & also ruled I will not be!"

— John Henry Mackay

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

punKrockeR said:

What about having a bounty on pkers who get a kill streak? The higher their kill streak the higher the bounty (in gp or food/pots).

I like this. League of legends does this and it's awesome.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

The Machine said:

First off Wilderness is only 10 percent of rscrevolution. Created so people who started wouldn't be killed in cities and in banks and people who wanted to pk and attack other players would have a place for that.
-You enter hotspot you now have a 40 min red skull.
-if more than 4 people in hotspot you will not get bonus(makes people kill everyone)
-using teleport makes u skull(if their sole purpose is to train than they walk...)
-saturday changed to "PK DAY" Just entering wilderness makes you skulll.
^Wilderness is 10 percent of rsc. Skillers have 90 percent of world to skill..(saturday Bonus xp in wild)
-if your items in inventory dont=more than 75k worth. protect items is turned off.(for user)
^r2h sells for 32k in store i think.. entire inventory has to be over 75k.
-using "skipper" teleports u to edgeville, but logs u out.(Everyone hates nonskullers nonstop fighting wasting items)(Make them reset so they skull if they attack)
-Server randomly sets a bounty on a player. (maybe 100k)The player has to stay in above 20 wild for more than 20 mins and if that player stays alive than that player wins the bounty.(the player is unable to log for the 20 mins)(the bounty is now transfered to the person who killed the player and now has to stay above 20 wild.)
^gets players to go deep in wild.

This guy makes no sense

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Krucial Send PM

Skipped all the other messages cept the top +10000000000000000 for right click deathmatch.

Player avatar

The Machine Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

This guy makes no sense

I revised the list and changed small things on it and also made my points more clear.

Problem-How the current hot-spot works. Three players make a clan, these players enter the hotspot and mass farm xp. These same players are surrounded by 7 teammates in the area(non-skulled) ready to pile anyone trying to raid the 3(red-skulled).
Solution=Make hot-spot not require a clan to control it. Hot-spot area should only give a max of 4-Players the bonus Xp if the hot-spot has more than 4 players inside the area than no xp is rewarded.
Problem-Using the teleport NPC behind Edgeville charges 3000 Gold. Without Making the user skull.
Solution=Use the wilderness teleporter and you auto skull.
Problem-Pures risk nothing, but waste everything.
Solution=If the Person's inventory doesn't equal the value of over 75000 than protect items work only 20 percent of the time.
Problem-I kill a skulled user and then that user refuses to re-skull endlessly wasting my food.
Solution=After the user has been sent to lumby he is auto-logged out in lumby. Basically reseting his death history.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
New ideas::
Designated Pk day=Saturday
All users in the wilderness are automatically skulled, but with a reward of more xp.(edge dungeon does not get a bonus)-Excluded from rest of wild.. Xp is unmatched on any other day and is well worth the risk.(I can imagine plenty of teams logging in trying to ruin the xp for opposite teams)
So, everyone knows what the lottery is and how you enter a lottery is by buying into the lottery and not by being FORCED.
Ok, so the idea..
What if the Revenant chooses(Randomly) a user for sacrifice and that the user who Kills him would be rewarded, but if the chosen user lives than they would be rewarded.

Idea-You're taken by REVENANT and Teleported Into above 20 wild with a magically force making you unable to run or teleport below the area or escape by any means unable to log aswell.(The person being forced is inside wilderness already and chosen randomly if skulled or non-skulled regardless.)(Being skulled increases your chances of being chosen)
The coordinates of the chosen is given out every 15 seconds.(bring back the--x coords and y coords) Being globally chatted in ::2.
Kill the chosen and you become the next chosen. (The person killing the original bounty is now unable to log out, but able to run to bank (Edgeville)(Maybe the person is red skulled)
Imagine a MOB of level 3's-120's ganging up on the red skull person. who is trying to make it out of wilderness.(Help your friend or join the mob of pkers)
The red skull keeps exchanging users upon death aswell as lasting upon death.
------
Those are my ideas and hopefully people can add to them and maybe give a better example of updates with reasoning.
The wilderness is for pkers and should be for the sole purpose of pvp and not just getting better xp.

Last edited by The Machine (4 Feb 2016 02:12)

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

^^^Nah I think u wanna change wildy rules because u get rolled on if anything they should bring back 5 person party's

Last edited by i3lunt t0k3r (4 Feb 2016 02:31)

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

The Machine Send PM

subscriber

So, is this topic going to be monitored or what?

Player avatar

Oopsies Back Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

^^^Nah I think u wanna change wildy rules because u get rolled on if anything they should bring back 5 person party's

Player avatar

The Machine Send PM

subscriber

Oopsies Back said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

I think fate made a post asking how to improve it.

Both of you are trash pkers and always will be trash pkers, Blunt u never competed on any pk server just used the same name over and over and Oopsie killing a skiller collecting whiteberries doesn't make you a pker bruv..

Player avatar

StylinProfilin Send PM

The Machine said:

Oopsies Back said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

I think fate made a post asking how to improve it.

Both of you are trash pkers and always will be trash pkers, Blunt u never competed on any pk server just used the same name over and over and Oopsie killing a skiller collecting whiteberries doesn't make you a pker bruv..

+1

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

considering the fact there's very limited about of PK'ers around and everyone wants different kind of things, it's pretty impossible to have all of them PK'ing at the same place. building another place to PK at would just seperated all of "us" but atleast it's more fair than having some certain rules which makes most of the people to either stop PK'ing or quitting due lack of interest.

teaming has always been big part of this game and there isn't really fix for that. you either get your team together and compete or you will have hard time PK'ing. people who say solo PK'ing is the way to go, yes it's for you but most of us find this game more fun by PK'ing with our friends.

another thing even if it happened to be all these limited IP's, limited about of players being able to attack you etc, there's still that skill gap between a random and veteran. there's no such a thing called ELO system which would make those fights fair and people would still end up making some execuses. it's very hard to find a working solution which would please everyone equally.

SO, in the end it will never be fair. even if there was certain rules, there would still be things you can't affect. one of them is the fact that some of the people will have more time in their hands and it's something you can't change. SO, now we're coming to the fact would it actually be more fair if everyone had all kind of PK'ers he ever wanted to instead of always trying to squeeze some extra time from his IRL responsibilities to compete against all the nerds? im my opionion, since this game seems to always come down to accounts and the biggest team, it would be more fair to eliminate all the unecessary work between making those accounts and actually having them ready to PK. you have your accounts, please go and join each of these teams and then have big wars instead of having teams of 5 with unfair circumstances to play this game.

so bottom line is: anything you're going to do, it will never be fair but it can be more fair than it currently is.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

I posted a Kill-Point System thread in the Suggestions forum.
Providing more incentive/reward to players may increase the desire to participate.

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

Uberdose Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

We have planned to add a 30-60 second time-out if you login in wilderness. It would probably make parking useless.

+1 for that , really sucks when u kill someone, out of food, and they jump on another char and bam ur in lumb.

Add a FREE teleport pool to all popular wildy spots , and add the 3k fee for lumby - edge boat ride. (im sure everyone would agree on this one)
Just make it so you have to walk back to bank , but can teleport between all the wildy spots , stand still ~15 sec or so.

Maybe add a higher xp bonus for training in wildy skulled?

Disable wildy multilog? , so if ur already logged in on a char in wildy u cant log on another one thats in wild.

Last edited by Uberdose (12 Feb 2016 15:12)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Do dragon slayer and from shops for legs and plates if your lown.  There only 64K each in shops.

Player avatar

Yasuo Send PM

subscriber

The Machine said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

This guy makes no sense

I revised the list and changed small things on it and also made my points more clear.

Problem-How the current hot-spot works. Three players make a clan, these players enter the hotspot and mass farm xp. These same players are surrounded by 7 teammates in the area(non-skulled) ready to pile anyone trying to raid the 3(red-skulled).
Solution=Make hot-spot not require a clan to control it. Hot-spot area should only give a max of 4-Players the bonus Xp if the hot-spot has more than 4 players inside the area than no xp is rewarded.
Problem-Using the teleport NPC behind Edgeville charges 3000 Gold. Without Making the user skull.
Solution=If the Person's inventory doesn't equal the value of over 75000 than protect items work only 20 percent of the time.
Problem-I kill a skulled user and then that user refuses to re-skull endlessly wasting my food.
Solution=After the user has been sent to lumby he is auto-logged out in lumby. Basically reseting his death history.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
All users in the wilderness are automatically skulled, but with a reward of more xp.(edge dungeon does not get a bonus)-Excluded from rest of wild.. Xp is unmatched on any other day and is well worth the risk.(I can imagine plenty of teams logging in trying to ruin the xp for opposite teams)
So, everyone knows what the lottery is and how you enter a lottery is by buying into the lottery and not by being FORCED.
Ok, so the idea..
What if the Revenant chooses(Randomly) a user for sacrifice and that the user who Kills him would be rewarded, but if the chosen user lives than they would be rewarded.

Idea-You're taken by REVENANT and Teleported Into above 20 wild with a magically force making you unable to run or teleport below the area or escape by any means unable to log aswell.(The person being forced is inside wilderness already and chosen randomly if skulled or non-skulled regardless.)(Being skulled increases your chances of being chosen)
The coordinates of the chosen is given out every 15 seconds.(bring back the--x coords and y coords) Being globally chatted in ::2.
Kill the chosen and you become the next chosen. (The person killing the original bounty is now unable to log out, but able to run to bank (Edgeville)(Maybe the person is red skulled)
Imagine a MOB of level 3's-120's ganging up on the red skull person. who is trying to make it out of wilderness.(Help your friend or join the mob of pkers)
------
Those are my ideas and hopefully people can add to them and maybe give a better example of updates with reasoning.
The wilderness is for pkers and should be for the sole purpose of pvp and not just getting better xp.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XUaRxTo.png[/img]

Player avatar

exposed Send PM

subscriber

Yasuo said:

The Machine said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

This guy makes no sense

Ok, so the idea..

------

I couldn't agree more with your pking suggestions makes perfect sense.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

GLeU said:

Tbh any changes you make multi loggers will find a way around.

I honestly think your best bet is a 2nd world but it's only edge ville and wildy to just below bandit camp. The whole area is 1v1 and you can't attack a new person till 1 minute has past after your last attack/login. Any characters logged out more then 10 mins get auto sent back to edge ville. It's extreme but I think it's truly the only way to please both parties.

Just do this. Plz.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook