How can we improve RSCR wilderness PKing?

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Hi. i've definitely heard complaints regarding the PK on RSCR. Where big teams make it impossible for solo pkers to stand a chance, parked accounts, multitask pking etc etc.

I wanted to make this thread so we all can discuss and come up with a possible solution for these problems.

Here are two ideas of mine:
1. A new prayer skill called "defender"(or something else) when activated it will limit your character to only be attacked by one player at a time.
2. If you login in wilderness you are unable to attack a player for 60-90 seconds (might be useless though as parkers will just login 60-90 seconds beforehand).

Other:
Remove 1v1 wilderness and replace with a deathmatch arena. Send requests via right click player "deathmatch with" followed with a GUI where u can put in items to deathmatch, select options such as "F2P/P2P", "No Magic", "No Ranged", "No Potions", upon accepting the deathmatch you are teleported to an arena where you and your opponent will fight till someone of you dies with a 60 seconds counter to pick up the loot before you are automatically teleported back to edge etc.

Please, Let's not turn this thread into a flame war!

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

I love the idea of being able to right click and challenge another player to a death match!

Not a big fan of any other wilderness changes. We love it just the way it is!

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Death match area and removal of 1v1 wild would own. log in timer would just make less combat situations for people but would solve parking so I'm 50.50 on this

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Kevin Send PM

subscriber

A few suggestions.

1) When you log out in wilderness, your account could be brought back to border.

2) When your client detect that you have (2 account + in wilderness, the extra ones cant attack players unless the first one go out)

Player avatar

cry is free Send PM

subscriber

I think battle arenas is the way to go I mean look at league....

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Remove 1 v 1wild

Remove weakens

Fix telly glitch in wild

Fix loggin out in wild to a 60 sec combat timer and or stand still timer

Make hotspot so red skulls can attack everyone

Any char loged for more then 5/10 mins should be sent to Barb village

Add a kill thing in pk chat
"Annabelle has pk azids123* or what not

Last edited by i3lunt t0k3r (28 Jan 2016 23:58)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I remember 1 server I played for like 2 days it had a death match challenge thing. And you would literally DM right where you were standing. It was pretty dope.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Tbh any changes you make multi loggers will find a way around.

I honestly think your best bet is a 2nd world but it's only edge ville and wildy to just below bandit camp. The whole area is 1v1 and you can't attack a new person till 1 minute has past after your last attack/login. Any characters logged out more then 10 mins get auto sent back to edge ville. It's extreme but I think it's truly the only way to please both parties.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

I honestly think your best bet is a 2nd world but it's only edge ville and wildy to just below bandit camp. The whole area is 1v1 and you can't attack a new person till 1 minute has past after your last attack/login. Any characters logged out more then 10 mins get auto sent back to edge ville. It's extreme but I think it's truly the only way to please both parties.

Sounds retarted everyone would just pk normally

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

Kevin said:

1) When you log out in wilderness, your account could be brought back to border.

This would solve a lot of issues without interfering with much.

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

Mod Yoyo Send PM

mod

Good ideas here, the one with brought back to border, could be good could be bad, I mean if the guy is running down, he would get pjed, it's alot to think about! i am +1 for these ideas though!

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Kevin said:

A few suggestions.

This is the simplest solution that solves a lot of problems. It doesn't require alternate worlds, or splitting up wilderness into 1v1 zones, or new rules to learn.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

very simple add and built in weeky tournament. runs monday,wends, and sat....varioius times bracket based.....1st place 1 mil 2nd 500k 3rd 250k.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Mod Yoyo said:

Good ideas here, the one with brought back to border, could be good could be bad, I mean if the guy is running down, he would get pjed, it's alot to think about! i am +1 for these ideas though!

Thats why I said send em to Barbvillage but then everyone would log at boarder or wild telly guy send all loged accs to lumb there's a boat and u can get back to any spot kinda quick though mad

Last edited by i3lunt t0k3r (29 Jan 2016 01:49)

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

1. A new prayer skill called "defender"(or something else) when activated it will limit your character to only be attacked by one player at a time.

This is my favorite, can't deny that even tho im a RSC player only, never played rs2 or whatsoever. But adding something for prayer to actually be useful at let say 70+ and it drains fast. Could be pretty useful if u're getting jumped by 3 people trying to survive. Dont really know how to make those with lets say 40 prayer to use this, cause some LVL has to be required i guess?

And also, the one with if you login let say on your 'camped' alt account, you should not be able to attack the same guy within a min or so, lets say i PK you, and suddenly you login another flats/account with full food + gear, i wouldn't stand a chance to even try get loot and escape, and this can scare the 'new players' or people who wanna try out the PK life.

At this time we are people who have known or know who everyone is for some years, we know how it is, but for the people who are new and might actually wanna try step out and PK, i can tell that if they getting jumped by 5 people 1 time they step out there, they will most likely not go out there again, and most of us players now that are in ' PK scene' are known to eachother and such, so it makes it different.. Can't deny that..

And i also see the players who plays on andorid will always have the lower upperhand in PKing than we players that's on PC, nothing much to do about that i suppose, we added the easier casting and such. But they are always welcome to join on PC smile.

Right click to challenge another player would be nice, and also if you in hotspot or having a party of 3 man you could 3v3

But overall, really good suggestions. If i come up with something else i'll post it.

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Jusba Send PM

subscriber

60 Second wait until you can log in if you are in the wilderness. Then maybe also add that 1 minute timer until you can attack someone.

That new prayer could make pking with someone a bit boring.
I guess teams are an issue because of low amount of players. Not really enough challenge in wild.
Maybe just give up on parts of the wilderness. Its way too big to find action on certain times.
Levels could raise likes 2 tiles faster than normal and it wouldnt have to be so wide either.

Also would be cool if wilderness was a place for loot not for xp.
Then people wouldn't come with 3 items.

Last edited by Jusba (29 Jan 2016 02:26)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

GLeU said:

Sounds retarted everyone would just pk normally

um no, people would more then likely use the 1v1 world more because theyre sick of getting gangbanged.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Tru must pk alot of afkers it good to be able to protect ur self

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Tru must pk alot of afkers it good to be able to protect ur self

I don't PK afkers unless i've been walking around in wild for 10 Minutes without finding someone , and then i finally do, hopefully he dont afk and might run , so its some action while it happens. I have some team, but i also attack or PK against friends cause if you team with everyone who is there to kill? Its just for the funs, i've always been a PKer, shitty one, but i enjoy it. And i want to find a solution so more people gets into it and wilderness become more active. Mostly im on Mod Acc, farming demons PK sometimes, or skilling. But in my hearth and soul im a pker, even tho i suck. Gotta make it alive again.

Also i thought of some masterfisher at edge boarder to give either new  players or low lvl pkers 1-20, mith, addy, iron 2h, or magers as i want my self back in old days boarder PK mager lvl 5-10, was awesome.  some training food( Trouts / Salmons not used for anything anyways, can't really sell, and no one buys them.

Well, bring the suggestions please.

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

GLeU said:

Yes plz id do this every day. I hate other pplz chars logging in after i start a fight. But this would be the best.

+1 matty boi

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook