incoming rs2 idea(equipment tab)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Chroz said:

okay you're obviously upset about my comments against your suggestion so I'm just going to let the "core of RSC" statement stand and exit this thread

Im not upset at all. Annoyed a bit that people are still stuck in 2004, but not upset. no other game out there has such a crappy system in place for equipment like rsc. literally every single mmorpg out there has an equipment tab. including rscrevolution post rsc.

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Im not upset at all. Annoyed a bit that people are still stuck in 2004...

Is that not the original draw to every single player on here? If you want to play rs2, play rs2. I agree about the core. Every other mmo doing something is no reason to jump on the band wagon. A lot of inspiration came from rs. It is something that makes it unique. Strategize between extra armor and more food. Bring runes or don't. It's a trade off and it will drastically alter the gameplay in you start changing "the core."

Player avatar

OxiClean Send PM

subscriber

Everything considered, I'm on team +1. I'd be for a 7th row in the inventory personally (it fits right there), but I can imagine PKers not being too happy with that. This is actually a balanced way to address the concern, plus, once you take a helmet out of your backpack and put it on IRL, that helmet ceases to be in your backpack.

Also, it's intuitive but counterproductive to make the debate about RSC vs. RS2. If it's good gameplay mechanic not contrary to the feel, it belongs on RSCR. The feel is up to the devs with community weight.

=========
Billy Mays' Quest Reviews[img]http://i.imgur.com/VD3epZ6.png[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fortune said:

GLeU said:

Im not upset at all. Annoyed a bit that people are still stuck in 2004...

Is that not the original draw to every single player on here? If you want to play rs2, play rs2. I agree about the core. Every other mmo doing something is no reason to jump on the band wagon. A lot of inspiration came from rs. It is something that makes it unique. Strategize between extra armor and more food. Bring runes or don't. It's a trade off and it will drastically alter the gameplay in you start changing "the core."

There is no strategy, everyone brings the same crap all the time. no flats pks without runes, no hybrid pks without runes. without magic, you will lose. especially on p2p. so no, there is no strategy there. everyone wears armor, the exact same armor, again no strategy. its not a strategy when EVERYONE uses the same stuff. you guys all completely over think this, and how its going to impact the game.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Matt's right it's sad that there's this many people stuck in the past.. lol

This only benefits pkers and skillers there's no down side besides pbs being shit which they should be because they're not risking anything.

+9000 again

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Ok. Then you get to take 6 additional swordfish. Now what?

Edit: to clarify, it seems like a whole lot of programming and resources that could be used elsewhere in the game.

Last edited by Fortune (13 Jan 2016 06:46)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fortune said:

Ok. Then you get to take 6 additional swordfish. Now what?

well seeing as everyone would be able to bring extra food, there isnt a problem. the benefit is that you can actually skill in outfits, instead of the same old naked account that we've all been staring at since 2004 or eariler. without losing space that can hold extra coal/iron/rune/whatever that you want to bank. also this will allow skill capes, which are coming to be more widely used, especially in the wilderness.

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Maybe it is just me, but if I'm worried about skilling, I don't care about wearing armor. If/when skill capes come out, has it been decided that they will actually do something besides look good? People aren't usually pking with rares. May as well start wearing a plain black cape. And does more food help or harm pking? I'm asking because I honestly don't know, not being facetious. People are harder to kill.

Player avatar

Imperia Send PM

subscriber

Baltic Alliance Liths Squad