Auction House nearly done

Player avatar

XBadXKarmaX Send PM

subscriber

My thoughts from a ForEx traders perspective:

From what I can see it seems that a seller can list an item(s) ex. (dragon sword for 100k)
Then the buyer can go onto the auction house and then look for that item and buy said item for 100k but only after a seller listed that item on the market.

So now my question/concern
Is the reverse possible? Where a buyer(of an item)can put 95kgp on the market (asking for a dragon sword) and then
IF someone out there is willing to sell a dragon sword for 95k could that person then fill that order and receive 95k for selling their dragon sword.

Because as of now it looks very one sided. (In favor of sellers) Witch could give a false idea of prices. (I will go into more details throughout the post)

EXAMPLE 1: I will use the 1k coal example for the sake of this argument.

I can list 1k coal for 1k each coal. = (1,000,000)
Even though no person in their right mind would buy the 1k coal at 1k ea,(Though there may be a situation where someone is willing to pay 1k+ per coal) Hell some people paid 20k for unfired bowl.

We should have the ability to also do the opposite

I would like to buy 1k coal for 200each.
So I should be able to list my (200,000gp)
and if anyone out there is willing to 1k coal at 200 each

This idea would help buyers the same way the current look of the auction house helps sellers and find a better equilibrium for more liquidated items (Wood, herbs, ores, strings) anything that is usually bought in bulk.
This would also create a healthy "Spread" in prices.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about from the Buyer/Sellers Perspective.

Seller
If I'm selling 1k coal for 1k each a 2nd person should have the ability to undercut that person and say. "I'll sell my 1k coal for 900 gp each. (900k)

So when someone on server goes on to the auction house there should be 2 listings of 1kcoal @1keach and a second listing for 1k coal @ 900each
If someone wants to buy the 1kcoal@1k they would first have to buy the coal that is listed at 900 each.

Buyer
If I'm buying 1k coal @ 200each (200k) someone else on the server says hey "I'm buying 1k coal @ 400each (400k)"

So when someone on server goes on the auction house and lets say they need to make some money and is not willing to wait for someone to buy their coal @ 899 each (Lower than the guy selling it at 900gp each.) They could have the option of selling QUICKLY to the person who is willing to pay 400 per coal.

So the market should look something like this

Selling 1k Coal @ 1kea
Selling 1k Coal @ 900ea
---
---
---
Buying 1k Coal @ 400ea
Buying 1k Coal @ 200ea

Everything inbetween the buying/selling price in considered spread someone could possibly put "Selling 100 coal @ 401 each" but usually by then someone will see that and understand that 100 coal @ 401 each is consider a good price and that order will be bought quickly. and vice versa someone could possibily say "Buying coal at 898 each" but a coal miner will see that and quickly sell the coal at 898 each.

Last edited by XBadXKarmaX (27 May 2015 04:48)

When nostalgia keeps you from moving forward.
*INActive LvL 99 Blacksmith*
#RIPBANK (Only took a bank wipe to bring me back to reality.)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

List plox

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

Out of curiosity, how would this work for unids? Or would selling unids in batches of all-stacks still have to happen the old-fashioned way?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

XBadXKarmaX said:

From what I can see it seems that a seller can list an item(s) ex. (dragon sword for 100k)
Then the buyer can go onto the auction house and then look for that item and buy said item for 100k but only after a seller listed that item on the market.

Is the reverse possible? Where a buyer(of an item)can put 95kgp on the market (asking for a dragon sword) and then
IF someone out there is willing to sell a dragon sword for 95k could that person then fill that order and receive 95k for selling their dragon sword.

Because as of now it looks very one sided. (In favor of sellers) Witch could give a false idea of prices. (I will go into more details throughout the post)

Even though no person in their right mind would buy the 1k coal at 1k ea,(Though there may be a situation where someone is willing to pay 1k+ per coal) Hell some people paid 20k for unfired bowl.

This idea would help buyers the same way the current look of the auction house helps sellers and find a better equilibrium for more liquidated items (Wood, herbs, ores, strings) anything that is usually bought in bulk.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about from the Buyer/Sellers Perspective.

Seller
If I'm selling 1k coal for 1k each a 2nd person should have the ability to undercut that person and say. "I'll sell my 1k coal for 900 gp each. (900k)

So when someone on server goes on to the auction house there should be 2 listings of 1kcoal @1keach and a second listing for 1k coal @ 900each
If someone wants to buy the 1kcoal@1k they would first have to buy the coal that is listed at 900 each.

Buyer
If I'm buying 1k coal @ 200each (200k) someone else on the server says hey "I'm buying 1k coal @ 400each (400k)"

So when someone on server goes on the auction house and lets say they need to make some money and is not willing to wait for someone to buy their coal @ 899 each (Lower than the guy selling it at 900gp each.) They could have the option of selling QUICKLY to the person who is willing to pay 400 per coal.

Selling 1k Coal @ 1kea
Selling 1k Coal @ 900ea
---
---
---
Buying 1k Coal @ 400ea
Buying 1k Coal @ 200ea

Everything inbetween the buying/selling price in considered spread someone could possibly put "Selling 100 coal @ 401 each" but usually by then someone will see that and understand that 100 coal @ 401 each is consider a good price and that order will be bought quickly. and vice versa someone could possibily say "Buying coal at 898 each" but a coal miner will see that and quickly sell the coal at 898 each.

Thanks for your feedback, I might add offers for buying at some point but we most likely will have to release this without it first.

Player avatar

Ashinu Send PM

subscriber

XBadXKarmaX said:

Seller

Buyer

Selling 1k Coal @ 1kea
Selling 1k Coal @ 900ea
---
---
---
Buying 1k Coal @ 400ea
Buying 1k Coal @ 200ea

Are you a tibia fan ? smile

[img]http://i57.tinypic.com/2knhih.png[/img]
××Subscribe to RSCRevolution's important updates exclusively: RSCR Reddit ××

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Actumen said:

Out of curiosity, how would this work for unids? Or would selling unids in batches of all-stacks still have to happen the old-fashioned way?

That is a good question! I didnt think of that.
I think we need names added onto herbs

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Where will the auction house be? Custom building in varrock ploz?

~K!zL

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Where will the auction house be? Custom building in varrock ploz?

~K!zL

Tbh I think there should be a 'Auctioneer' NPC in every bank throughout the game map.
Reasons behind this:
1. You do not need to sit at building to buy/sell
2. skillers/2nd chars can sell their goods without going to 1 building
3. If far from shop and need items e.g for a quest, u can get a friend or auction a item needed without going back to 1 building
4. Players with 1 magic level do not need to teleport to get to the auction house
5. Everything can be put on their quickly.

Cant wait for auction house!

Player avatar

Datsyuk Send PM

subscriber

Not trying to be a smart ass, but we aren't bidding on anything so shouldn't it be called a "Market Place", instead of auction house?

[img]http://s2.postimg.org/stnxil1ll/Datsyuk.jpg[/img]

Speed Racer - Lvl 3 Event Extraordinar

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Datsyuk said:

Not trying to be a smart ass, but we aren't bidding on anything so shouldn't it be called a "Market Place", instead of auction house?

That's exactly what I was saying on staff chat while I was making this big_smile

Player avatar

Jebby Send PM

subscriber

Oh WOW this looks amazing! O.O Good job n0m!

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/357kegw.jpg[/img]
- Jebby, Juzza, xox, Dragons Fury, exe - http://www.rscrevolution.com/ -
"errare humanum est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum"

Player avatar

fairyquant Send PM

subscriber

Any news? "Within this week" deadline has passed hmm Can we expect this to be realised any day now?

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

fairyquant said:

Any news? "Within this week" deadline has passed hmm Can we expect this to be realised any day now?

Yeah sad

Was looking forward to seeing it this week.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

adidas said:

fairyquant said:

Yeah sad

I'm finishing it up as we speak.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

adidas said:

fairyquant said:

Yeah sad

w00p

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

n0m said:

adidas said:

fairyquant said:

Yeah sad

fap fap fap

~K!zL

Player avatar

D3adly Send PM

subscriber

Any news on when it's gonna be finished

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

were mi aucten heuse?

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

adidas said:

were mi aucten heuse?

^^

~K!zL

Player avatar

Tommy SS Send PM

subscriber

N0m, any news on when you're gonna make the update? smile