Super powerful ultra boss monster.

Big load Send PM

Can you add an npc at level 3,000 with 20,000 hp that takes a whole team of players to kill?

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Not a bad idea at all.
What do you suggest for his fighting style and drops?

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

perhaps trimmed chainmail? dragon armour?

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

rsaholic Send PM

Dragon 2h, or some new ranged equipment
Like new xbows/bolts or armour(robin hood hat??)

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Some Ranged equipment could be a nice update to the skill.

I very much like the idea of a Raid Boss, so to speak.

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

+1

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

artvandelay Send PM

subscriber

It might be a good idea to have an o.p. npc in p2p wild near otherworldly so players would have a reason to pk in p2p too. Large amounts of noted fish, cast spell runes, noted drbones, noted armour + potential new rare or new dragon armour would bring the farmers and pkers out. 10000 hp is a bit much though. Also, if the new dragon armour required 80+ Def then lvl 61 stakers wouldn't be forced into paying a ton to stake with the same odds as other 61s.

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

artvandelay said:

then lvl 61 stakers wouldn't be forced into paying a ton to stake with the same odds as other 61s.

staking/edge sitting is the most irrelevant type of gaming this game has ever produced, so using it as an excuse, to implement something, is totally out of question.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

I do not want this potential new Raid Boss inclusion to be gated behind the requirement to go in the Wilderness.

That would be a fast-track way to render all the PvM players, myself included, completely disinterested in, what would have been, a very exciting new feature.

Have PKers not already got a boss of this sort that roams the Wilderness. From what I have seen and heard, this boss sees very little action, predominantly because it is in the Wilderness.

Last edited by Synesthesic (6 Jan 2019 20:05)

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Synesthesic said:

I do not want this potential new Raid Boss inclusion to be gated behind the requirement to go in the Wilderness.

That would be a fast-track way to render all the PvM players, myself included, completely disinterested in, what would have been, a very exciting new feature.

Have PKers not already got a boss of this sort that roams the Wilderness. From what I have seen and heard, this boss sees very little action, predominantly because it is in the Wilderness.

I agree. There is already one high level wild mob. The reason It barely gets farmed is coz its hard to kill F2P. It was only farmed on P2p days when P2P rotation was a thing. Could just increase the drop rates or even multiply them by 2. Wouldnt be surprised if the last time it was killed was 2018.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Fah King Vet Send PM

The revenant, the boss in east side f2p is unused mainly because of how broken it is. You have to chase it up and down the map. It runs only perfect diags. It runs thru building and across lava. And its drops suuck. Soooo...  that's why its unused. The reapers custom content has just gone dry as it's been ingame so long. New boss and nee gear +1.

61 stakes unaffected as is because there is a "no custom content" button

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Fah King Vet said:

The revenant, the boss in east side f2p is unused mainly because of how broken it is. You have to chase it up and down the map. It runs only perfect diags. It runs thru building and across lava. And its drops suuck. Soooo...  that's why its unused.

Perhaps, that is, in fact, why the Revenant does not see much action.

That being said, positioning a new and exciting boss within the Wilderness, for people that play RSCR purely for the Skilling & PvE side of the game - of which I am one, would, essentially, render it a boss that I would not be able to enjoy to the fullest capacity, let alone even partake in the killing of.

Placing this Boss within a non-PvP area allows both PvE & PvP'ers to enjoy this boss.

I would suggest, if implementation of this new Raid Boss does go ahead, that it's positioning definitely be within a PvE environment and that the Loot table and Bugs for The Revenant be revisited so that it becomes a worthwhile alternative as well.

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

TheHovisMan Send PM

subscriber

Actually an amazing idea, can it be made so he drops different items for all the players or will it be the same thing, I think what would be cool would be like a wave of enemies then once you've cleared that you then have to face the boss? Once in you can't leave so have to do it with the resources / team you have at that time? Would be cool