Ironmen getting rares

Player avatar

Abundance Send PM

Ironmen should have a fair shot to get rares! Any plans to release rares at holiday times in an equitable way?

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Adding new quantities of OG rares is a touchy subject and something we don't have any plans to do currently. Two ideas that have been floated by players which would be nice to hear some discussion on are:
a) Releasing new items which are identical to party hats, but can only exist on ironmen, and letting ironmen buy them from a store for discounted prices (since there's not much use for GP on ironmen beyond a point, but it would be hard to thieve 50m on an iron)
b) Letting ironmen buy a rare from a player using gp and have an admin facilitate the trade (truly endgame since that's a lot of thieving)
c) or something else
Let us know your thoughts!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Abundance Send PM

Hm, well here’s my proposal:

We don’t want the economy to be adversely affected, so what if we adopted an approach for ironmen similar to that of OSRS? Every seasonal holiday event’s completion would provide ironmen access to all previous rares, including one of each color of hweem hat, party hat, santa hat, etc and along with the scythe, christmas cracker, etc.

However, the biggest difference is that upon dropping, they would automatically be destroyed. And because ironmen cannot trade, they become nothing more than a untradeable cosmetic.

This seems equitable. And it doesn’t affect normal rares. smile

Last edited by Abundance (8 Oct 2018 13:37)

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

I'm all for ironmen getting rares, especially previous ones. There are very few ironmen with any OG rares. My ironman has red phat, skull mask, santa, elf, Winter hood, winter cape, winter gloves, black ears, 2 reaper hoods, and 2 hunter capes. Whenever an event is hosted for rares, I always try to get the rare on my ironman before doing it on my regular account. As a droid player, it's not very easy to multi accounts (especially more than 2). I think that every so many years, a new portion of hats should be dropped. We've had numerous people banned with rares and another bunch quit thus making them rarer and rarer. Maybe drop a single color each year and only so many of them that way it doesnt change the market on every color at once?

I'm not good with ideas on the situation but I do know that I dont want the value of my ironman rares to go down as there are few with the items. If it gets implemented that we can just buy them from a store, I'd want to be able to xfer the ones I have to a normal char first.

Player avatar

Fah King Vet Send PM

The prices of rares is best friend. I have 0 desire for any, but for the guys who do like them / new players. It can be offputting to think about needing 20-80mil for one hat. Depending on which color they want.

I agree fully with 305 that every so many years you should assess how many are active and replenish the population.

Player avatar

Deer243 Send PM

Billy said:

b) Letting ironmen buy a rare from a player using gp and have an admin facilitate the trade (truly endgame since that's a lot of thieving)

Definitely do this.

As for adding more og hats to the game, it probably would not be a bad idea to replenish the stock to at least what it was a year or two ago or something, pretty sure the count would be dropping somewhat significantly every year. Great way to get tons of people participating in some cool big-scale events.

Last edited by Deer243 (8 Oct 2018 23:12)

Player avatar

Xx B0x Xx Send PM

+1 to letting ironmen trade for rares with Admin assistance
-1 to rerelease of rares

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

From my point of view, I have worked my arse off to raise the money to buy rares. In specific relation to Party Hats, the market has fluctuated and evolved organically as the population and supply of Party Hats has fluctuated.

Yes, with recent occurrences there may be less Party Hats in the game now but I think it is a very bad idea to re-release any Rares as that would have an outside effect on the market immediately.

A simple example being the re-releasing of Party Hats. Simply through supply and demand, the price of Party Hats would immediately be reduced and all that work, all that effort that players such as myself put in to afford their Hats would literally be invalidated in one foul swoop.

I watched the price of Blue Party Hats go from 36m to 50m and higher. Prices rise and fall based on player interaction. It happens every day from trimmed armour to the more expensive Rares. If a player wishes to try and grab a Rare at a bargain price, they need to time their pulling of the trigger carefully, watch market trends and try and strike deals.

Keeping up with the fluctuating and ever-changing market of Rares is an exhausting exercise but it is meant to be. Rares are so-called because they come with exclusivity.

If you want a specific Rare, set your mind to doing whatever you can to obtain it. Make money, save that money and, one day, you will ultimately have the cash to buy that item - no matter the price.

The making of money is not impossible. No matter what the amount. There are plenty of people on this server that are obscenely wealthy and if you were to ask a bunch of them how they did it, i assure you that you would receive multiple methods used.

Re-releasing Rares, at least in my instance and opinion, will piss off and upset players that bought them at a price that was as a result of an organic market’s evolution.

I do not believe re-releasing Rares should ever happen. Admin should concentrate their efforts on the design of new rares.

As for Ironmen, i believe that they should be able to buy Rares from other players through Admin mediated trades. Just because an Ironman is an Ironman doesn’t mean they can’t make however much money they so desire. I can think of at least one skill that requires literally no market interaction and makes gold appear out of thin air...

No.1 Ranger

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Synesthesic said:

From my point of view... (etc)

Pretty much this.
I also don't see much harm in players being able to transfer their own unobtainable purely visual items that have no shop/alch value whatsoever to their ironman accounts. It is after all pretty much the same as buying them from another player, the only difference being the ways in which to make the money required. Would the staff check whether they aren't the same person?
Yes, some ironmen have obtained rares during events themselves (I've got a disk), and it's possible to do so for future items, although only a small portion of the events can be joined by Ironmen (hide and seek, or any other event that doesn't use the ::event teleport, since Ironmen can't join those).
Though I personally wouldn't want to burden the admins with such things too often, and I can imagine that they wouldn't be too pleased either with that situation.

edit: Would just like to add, I am STRONGLY against the idea of gilded or any other clue item being transferred, since they're obtainable, as rare as they might be. After all, the first ironman to obtain full gilded wins the game smile

Last edited by Vinkie (12 Oct 2018 18:09)

Player avatar

Kuzarath Send PM

I mean if you wanna go with supply and demand, the supply has probably already decreased from people quitting/dying/alching by accident. Maybe release a low amount of new rares but as rewards for tournaments and other events?

Player avatar

Shiroshu Send PM

What if rares were re-released but the new ones are a slightly different, untradable item? Or, maybe if they became tradable after the character holding them logged X number of hours of play. That way they wouldn't have an immediate negative affect on the market, and they wouldn't all hit the market at once.

Player avatar

Y0 Sushi Send PM

There is enough rares in game for the population size imo.

It's just that a few people have MULTIPLE rares/sets and horde them.

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Xx B0x Xx said:

+1 to letting ironmen trade for rares with Admin assistance
-1 to rerelease of rares

-1 for admin assistance.. use admins time for nothing...

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]