Incentive for level 33 pking

Player avatar

peeter Send PM

subscriber

Add a place in level 5 wilderness, where level 33s can kill some simple (easy to kill) creature. Only attackable by level 33s, not afkable, gives no xp, but has a decent drop rate for PKing gear (food certs, m2h, a2h, ruby amulets etc). Has a rare drop rate for some valuable item, but only if the person killing it is skulled.

At the moment, it seems its a lot better to just AFK a high level account somewhere and pick up runes / herbs, having a low level account provides no means of income. Making a high level account is time consuming, making a level 33 is not. Reduces the barrier of getting a new person to be in the wilderness looking for a fight.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

interesting idea.  although i suspect it will get camped out by lvl 38's just waiting for the lvl 33's to show up. or they might keep an eye out and try to pick of the 33 when he's half full of loot.

the other thing i can think of is that if the loot is worth collecting that a group of players would camp out there and prevent a solo player from collecting loot.

i'm no expert on 33's but might a buncha 33 tanks just sit there and slowly punch things to death to grief players? adding they then could also multi on 38's?

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

peeter Send PM

subscriber

It could be level 1 wilderness, but just in a bigger area, so people cant sit at the border or run away easily. Would solve the issue of having higher levels take over. If people come there just to grief, make the area a high risk area, so if you do attack the low level NPC you get skulled. A high def tank with rune armor can still be brought down by either rangers or magers.

Player avatar

Deer243 Send PM

Well we all know how multii'ing goes....if the 38s come to kill the 33s it won't be long before the 43s show up, then the 48s, 53s, etc. lol

I like the idea though. Could be lvl 1 wilderness, or just make it a separate little mini guild that requires 33 combat to enter. Make sure it has a 10-20 sec out of combat time out to enter to prevent anybody from using it as a cheap escape route while PKing.

I believe it would most definitely drum up some action if the drops are done correctly.

Player avatar

nyx8 Send PM

33s not popular cause its shit

Player avatar

peeter Send PM

subscriber

nyx8 said:

Valuable feedback on the idea, thank you.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

peeter said:

nyx8 said:

Don't listen to him.  He's a big douche who only wants to pk his way or nothing at all.

But yea dude I like this idea. 
1. Id have them all lvl 1 wild and allow anyone from lvl 3-33 to use the spot.
2. I'd have 3 spots that are in varrick, edge and wizards far west.
3. Have them rotate every 30 min to the next spot.
4. Add banks right out of wild for these spots with a timer on them for out of combat.

Check out my thread:
https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=15192

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (25 Nov 2018 20:52)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Dont see how it would hurt.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

peeter Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

peeter said:

nyx8 said:

Don't listen to him.  He's a big douche who only wants to pk his way or nothing at all.

4. Add banks right out of wild for these spots with a timer on them for out of combat.

Check out my thread:

~K!zL

I would start with 1 spot, pointless to split it up into 3. Biggest issue with RSC at the moment is that the map is too big for such a small player base. Have an area in edge, keep it all in one place, the staking and the PKing.

Player avatar

peeter Send PM

subscriber

Also bumping this so it gets more attention big_smile

Player avatar

nyx8 Send PM

If people wanted to PK on 33s they would be, the fact their not simply proves it's not wanted, it's trashed you might as well do duels.

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

nyx8 said:

If people wanted to PK on 33s they would be, the fact their not simply proves it's not wanted, it's trashed you might as well do duels.

Player avatar

nyx8 Send PM

KizL said:

peeter said:

nyx8 said:

Check out my thread:

~K!zL

Who are you in game? you even play/?

Player avatar

peeter Send PM

subscriber

nyx8 said:

Your logic is flawed, the proposition here is, that the lact of 33s pking is due to no incentive, rather than no interest. I would say there is interest, as suggested by the threads in this forum. Generally what you said falls under https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

nyx8 said:

KizL said:

peeter said:

Check out my thread:

~K!zL

Who are you in game? you even play/?

Wouldn't you love to know? I seen you last night. Lmao

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook