Double xp

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Why not give 48 hours total double xp that can be turned off when log out and turn on when logged in?

Is it unfair to your customers to not provide this service?

Not everyone can play 12 hours straight because a good part of your customers have jobs in real life and that alone takes a average of 8 hours.

I think offering the ability to be able to use the double xp at the customers choice is the right way to go.

Another alternative is offer smaller amout of dbl xp time as in 4 hrs 6 hrs 8 hrs nothing extreme as 10 12 14 16 or 24 hrs.

Also you could offer a hourglass item that can be turn off and on whenever the customer chooses and it will disappear automatically once the alotted dbl xp time as been reached.

These are some great QOL *Quality Of Life* and much needed improvements suggestions that require staff and customer attention and thoughts for the best results for the future of our sever.

Thank you all for reading and feel free comment on this important topic.

Jedi rscrevolutions greatest player to ever play.

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

AlexGamer Send PM

If they were to go with the "time only ticks down while logged in" option, we would probably get less double xp in the long run. Not to mention there are probably limitations to why it doesn't already exist.

Having an hourglass to turn on and off would be OP. Just turning it on for the xp drops, making it last forever etc etc.

I think breaking it up into smaller segments is the way to go.

[img=y u no load signature]https://i.imgur.com/igdZKbC.png[/img]

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

AlexGamer said:

If they were to go with the "time only ticks down while logged in" option, we would probably get less double xp in the long run. Not to mention there are probably limitations to why it doesn't already exist.

Having an hourglass to turn on and off would be OP. Just turning it on for the xp drops, making it last forever etc etc.

I think breaking it up into smaller segments is the way to go.

Well it could have the option to be turned on for time periods of 4 to 8 hours. That way you cannot just turn it on or off on the fly. You would have to accept 4 or 8 hour time periods in order to turn on the hourglass.

This is why this topic needs input from the comunnity so we can all make this better.

Last edited by JediMindTrix (26 Oct 2018 08:26)

Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

I agree that 6-hour durations are much more doable. I'm currently struggling to meet all my irl deadlines, get enough sleep and somewhat efficiently use up my dxp hmm
Would be more than happy to receive a few hours less (we're more than spoiled with these amounts)
That said, I'm absolutely loving the event so far! big_smile

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Vinkie said:

I agree that 6-hour durations are much

more doable. I'm currently struggling to meet all my irl deadlines, get enough sleep and somewhat efficiently use up my dxp hmm
Would be more than happy to receive a few hours less (we're more than spoiled with these amounts)
That said, I'm absolutely loving the event so far! big_smile

Yes i am a big fan of the 6 hour time allotment.

These are things i would of addressed years ago had i got on staff.....

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Definitely a fan of distributing the offered Double Experience in smaller windows.

6 hours sounds like a good sweet spot.

Great idea!

On a related note - I found it a nasty surprise to lock the last 2 12 Hour Double Experience windows behind the 2 Halloween quests. Personally, I was looking forward to taking advantage of the full 48 hours on a character that exclusively combat farms but since I do no quests on him, I am not able to utilise the last 2 windows.

I do not recall this being the case historically for Double Experience weekends/windows hosted over annual celebrations.

I can understand wanting to prompt players to do quests that Admin & Staff worked hard on. I would just like to present the fact that some players have niche characters that, sometimes, cannot complete certain features of the game but would still like to benefit from these Double Exp offers.

Thanks!

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Deer243 Send PM

Just create an in-game item for Double XP that is automatically put into your bank when you log into a character. This gets rid of some NPC clutter in edgeville when events like this are going on.

Set the time to max at 24 or 48 hours (whatever it is we're getting) and when you activate it you can pick 3, 6 or 12 hours at a time and it subtracts accordingly. 3-Hour should be the minimum (Possibly even 6 hours, up for discussion) to prevent it from being too OP.

To prevent stacking/abuse, the item is removed from the game within no more than a month after receiving it.

For shorter quick-hit events such as a "double XP weekend"where you only get 24 hours, the 2XP item will disappear within a week of receiving it.

Last edited by Deer243 (26 Oct 2018 15:18)