What's your most fond RSC memory?

Player avatar

steelphist Send PM

Hey all,

Just feeling the nostalgia tonight.

Mine is the hat dupe in 03. I remember coming down from a long nature rune theiving session behind stripy bank. When I came down the ladder a saw a whole heap of people wearing party hats. I thought, wow, must be some rich clan. When headed to east Fally it struck home that something was wrong.

I remember rscrevolution posted saying something along the lines of: "If you have received one of these rares, go to a quite place and drop them otherwise you will be banned."

---

Another fond memory I have is just mining in scorpion chasm when I first started playing. I was in awe of the whole experience just thinking: Wow! If I mine enough I can buy one of those bright blue sabres.

Anyway, I would like to hear of your most fond memories.

Player avatar

nighthalk Send PM

Quitting 3 jobs to sell RSC currency. Almost doubling my yearly salary off a video game I was in love with.

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

nighthalk said:

Quitting 3 jobs to sell RSC currency. Almost doubling my yearly salary off a video game I was in love with.

Is that serious??

Player avatar

nighthalk Send PM

gaylord said:

nighthalk said:

Is that serious??

Yea best years of my life... Playing rscrevolution 10+ hours a day, loving every second and getting paid for it. Paid for my college tuition lmao.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

Being a simple noob and gathering items to trade for basic armour and equipment. I remember seeing sheep for the first time and was amazed at the graphics. Then receiving a raw lobster in trade and thought I was rich big_smile

Last edited by Ckmoon (19 Aug 2018 04:12)

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

Awh, this thread brings a tear to my eye. I had a thread on the same topic in the official RSC forums before they were removed recently.. sad

I have so many, it's hard to say which is my favourite. But I suppose I have two favourites that I can think of quickly off the top of my head.

My first favourite was probably when I finally saved up enough gp/other rares/certs to be able to finally afford my beloved pink partyhat. It took quite a while to get and I was so nervous the deal wouldn't go through after quite a lot of negotiation, but it did, and I just remember feeling so relieved and happy that I finally did it.

My second favourite memory is PKing with a small group of clanmates during one of the re-openings when RSC and PKing was temporarily revived. My RSC account was always built for PKing (though I never got to reach my perfect stats, I was somewhat close), but only rarely did I get to PK in recent years. So any time that I was able to, especially with friends/clanmates was always a cherished memory. I remember many a night staying up late patrolling Wildy and BS'ing with the clannies. I miss those nights, and those people.

I also really enjoyed group questing and helping others do quests by being a blocker for them, carrying items for those doing Legends, or just being a guide. I'm actually rather glad to be able to re-do the quests here in RSCR. It's been so long since I did them myself.

I'll leave it at that, since I could go on and on all night if you let me. tongue Thank you for creating this thread. It makes me happy to be able to read through all the fond memories.

Last edited by Leta (20 Aug 2018 05:55)

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
RSC - gone, but never forgotten.

Player avatar

Jan Send PM

Completing Dragon Slayer at 45 cb in RSC.

Veteran mode player

Big load Send PM

I really enjoyed hanging out on world 1. I lurked around the fountains west of varrock castle and hustled ppl in the marketplace. It was cool to me at that time to see hundreds of other people all playing the same game.

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Pink and Blue Bottles Send PM

Falador south bank crew (world 2 I think?)

Trading in Varrock, selling rune chain press 999 to buy but theres hundreds of other people there typing so it was just a huge cluster fuck

Those pesky dark wizards outside Varrock and all the Highwaymen

Draynor staking up till 2008ish

RIP Rsc.

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Magestaking in draynor, stakers on one side of the wall or cabbage field, and watchers on another. Good ol days.
And varrock PKing smile!! Buying cakes and stuff at the boarder

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Jammy Bank Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Scamming everyone I could

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Jammy Bank said:

Scamming everyone I could

Ded :'D

Best Ninja

Player avatar

nighthalk Send PM

Mod Edit:  That type of verbal abuse toward our members will not be tolerated

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I have cleaned up this topic.  It is about the poster's personal memories.  Bashing others will not be tolerated

Player avatar

Bottlebanked Send PM

earning enough money selling super sets in draynor to be able to afford my first phat, (white) ended up doing it untill i had a few hats, sadly never had a full set though!
Account name was Newb Destroy

Player avatar

walking fool Send PM

My first time logging in I was walking around and was attacked by a Highwayman. I thought this was a real person so I was having a conversation asking why he was attacking me. Then I started winning against him at level 3 so I was talking smack that he was losing after attacking me first.

Player avatar

Jammy Bank Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

walking fool said:

My first time logging in I was walking around and was attacked by a Highwayman. I thought this was a real person so I was having a conversation asking why he was attacking me. Then I started winning against him at level 3 so I was talking smack that he was losing after attacking me first.

LMAO

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

walking fool said:

Give me ur drugs please.

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

I got lured to the Darkwizard in draynor wizard tower and died (door close trick), I tried to run back and pick up my stuff but the guy had already taken it. Which was like bronze and shit lol.

Then this other guy felt bad for me and gave me a steel 2h and some gold nuggets which was better than anything I even lost, which made my day.

That was within my first few hours of starting to play, and made a huge impression on me that the community could be so toxic and so wonderful at the same time tongue

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Chubby Mike Send PM

DMM2_Participant

I remember a guy droptrading items. I picked it all up and then he started berating me. I really liked the black legs so I didnt give them back but I gave back the red party hat and certs. Next day I told my classmates what had happened and they told me red party hat was like 300k.

Friend told me that you can keep 3 items on death when you go to wilderness and I lost all my items, was sad and confused.

Placing Nokia 3310 on the spacebar to avoid logging out AFK training in graveyard.

Getting lost in Al Kharid. Thought Ill never find a way out.

Telling people to drop something and press Alt+F4 actually worked some of the time.