My List of Suggestions

Player avatar

Businessman Send PM

DMM2_Participant

I've been saving up some ideas for a while. So here goes,

- Add an auction house NPC to every bank in the world. This way people can buy or sell anywhere in the world, breathing new life into the auction house activity. If this is for some reason not found to be a good idea, then you could also make it so you can merely pick up gold from items sold and expired items from bankers around the world.

- Create the Hardened Rune Chain, for use with Steel Gauntlets. As it stands now, if someone wants the benefit of the gauntlets' 2 aim and power they will have to downgrade to regular rune. The absence of the hardened rune chain is felt here.

- Indicators, possible color coding that tells you if an item is members (for wilderness reasons) for items, and also a way to tell if an item is tradable or able to be put up on the auction house.

- Tool belt. Obtain tools once, they will no longer be lost or take up inventory space. Be given a special window where you can see all the tools you have and do not have.

- Change the global chat color of someone with Platinum sub to look more different from someone who is not subbed, by changing the color of either. Right now gold sub stands out much more than Platinum.

- Tournament events that focus on damage highscores should either give you infinite lives or multiple lives (like 3). This way it won't matter too much if people team up on other people. And the focus is highscore after all right? Not elimination.

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Businessman said:

I've been saving up some ideas for a while. So here goes,

- Add an auction house NPC to every bank in the world. This way people can buy or sell anywhere in the world, breathing new life into the auction house activity. If this is for some reason not found to be a good idea, then you could also make it so you can merely pick up gold from items sold and expired items from bankers around the world.

- Create the Hardened Rune Chain, for use with Steel Gauntlets. As it stands now, if someone wants the benefit of the gauntlets' 2 aim and power they will have to downgrade to regular rune. The absence of the hardened rune chain is felt here.

- Indicators, possible color coding that tells you if an item is members (for wilderness reasons) for items, and also a way to tell if an item is tradable or able to be put up on the auction house.

- Tool belt. Obtain tools once, they will no longer be lost or take up inventory space. Be given a special window where you can see all the tools you have and do not have.

- Change the global chat color of someone with Platinum sub to look more different from someone who is not subbed, by changing the color of either. Right now gold sub stands out much more than Platinum.

- Tournament events that focus on damage highscores should either give you infinite lives or multiple lives (like 3). This way it won't matter too much if people team up on other people. And the focus is highscore after all right? Not elimination.

- Regarding the auction house, I think being able to collect from any banker is a cool idea, but I don't really see a need for this, let alone auctioneers in every bank. Makes them ever so much more crowded and lumbridge and edgeville a lot more empty. The home teleport option already makes it easy to access the auction house, and if you are really heavily invested in it you could always dedicate an alt to it, and use a team bank to transfer items to and from it by talking to any banker in-game.

- Regarding hardened rune: I think it is perfectly fine to trade in the extra armour for the offensive bonuses. When you add hardened rune chains, you add one less reason to buy platebody rights or do dragonslayer as well. It does look a bit odd to wear regular rune mixed with hardened, I'll give you that.

- I'm not in favour of a toolbelt. This isn't Rs3.

- I don't think indicators for members items are really necessary. The list of f2p items is concise, and you will learn soon enough which are and aren't. Adding indicators adds to the already large amount of flashy colours in-game.

- This ties in with the different chat colours. I feel less and less inclined to leave Global chat open at times due to the massive amounts of coloured and flashing messages (though most are event-related). This was especially the case with the ::toast option, although I loved it! smile

- I don't participate in pk tournaments, really, so I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Last edited by Vinkie (11 Aug 2018 17:07)

Player avatar

Businessman Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Vinkie said:

- Regarding hardened rune: I think it is perfectly fine to trade in the extra armour for the offensive bonuses. When you add hardened rune chains, you add one less reason to buy platebody rights or do dragonslayer as well. It does look a bit odd to wear regular rune mixed with hardened, I'll give you that.

But the thing is, you still would trade in armor for offensive bonuses. I guess it would be the same as to how it would be before hardened armor. Which is you lose 8 armor and get 2 aim 2 power.
You're looking at this in reverse, the "reason not to do dragon slayer" has existed for a long time before hardened armor existed. Because a newer added quest gave you the steel gauntlets. But now hardened armor has set steel gauntlets back, and I'm suggesting for it all to level out to normal again. Go back to the normal armor trade-in instead of the bigger trade-in that it is now.

For the rest you just seem to complain a lot about flashy colors. It's not like everything is going @ran@ or something. I do feel that the color red can be a bit hard to look at sometimes.

And this not being RS3 isn't a great argument or reason, there's plenty of inspirations from later RS iterations on this server. Don't reject something because it was in one of them, I don't like them, I don't play them. But they had some good ideas, and just because it was in there is no reason to auto-dislike it.

Player avatar

Pink and Blue Bottles Send PM

That is an amazing idea honestly

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

Yes for 2. and 6.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Businessman said:

But the thing is, you still would trade in armor for offensive bonuses. I guess it would be the same as to how it would be before hardened armor. Which is you lose 8 armor and get 2 aim 2 power.
You're looking at this in reverse, the "reason not to do dragon slayer" has existed for a long time before hardened armor existed. Because a newer added quest gave you the steel gauntlets. But now hardened armor has set steel gauntlets back, and I'm suggesting for it all to level out to normal again. Go back to the normal armor trade-in instead of the bigger trade-in that it is now.

Good point. I wouldn't exactly mind hardened rune chains to complete the set. smile Was just thinking out loud.
I'm also in favour of 2 and 6, where 6 could be added as a different mode, rather than replacing the current one.

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

I don't have much of an opinion on these, except for the toolbelt. I'd really not want to see that added to RSCR. I don't think it's too difficult to carry a hammer when I'm smithing or a chisel when cutting gems. There are plenty of quality-of-life updates to make skilling easier in an RSC-friendly way already. I'd agree with Vinkie above, I think this would be a bit too RS3-esque.

I like the idea of a hardened rune chain, though.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
RSC - gone, but never forgotten.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

At least add an auctioneer to seers and ardougne. Quite a few times I've been up that way wishing I could buy/sell some stuff....

Hardened rune chain would absolutely be a welcome addition. Plate only adds like +2 over regular plate right? +2 on chain plus the prayer benefits won't hurt anything and would look nice.

Don't care either way about tool belt.

I think changing the max damage tourney would be interesting to try. Some people might say it's bullshit to change it, but multiple or unlimited lives with a 5 minute timer in my opinion would be more fun than the current 3-hit-and-you're-out. It would make it more unique and more enjoyable. We already have hunger games and tourneys plus the traditional FFA's if you want to win by being the one that doesn't die.

Last edited by Synbios (12 Aug 2018 20:41)