Magic Whistle/Holy table napkin post-quest, and other clue items

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Heya!

I've found out the hard way how it's not possible for a player to re-obtain the magic whistles or holy table napkin after having completed the Holy Grail quest and dropped both (because I ran out of bankspace due to hoarding items required for clues), this while it is required to reach the Fisher Realm for a hard clue. I think it would be great if either the whistles could be added to the legends guild shop, or if Brother Galahad had a chat option to get another table napkin and therefore whistles (I hope they still appear after the quest, provided you have the napkin).

Another thing that I found quite frustrating is how it's impossible to complete the fishing trawler medium clue on an ironman account (There's a hightened risk of sinking, and you lack depth perception! DIG!). Not that I care much for the trawler, but it's only a digging clue and I don't think it would go against the ironman spirit to have the digging spot either changed to the docks, or these impossible clues removed for ironmen, whichever is the best option.

Hope some of you agree with these proposals. Looking forward to your reactions.
Cheers!

Last edited by Vinkie (8 Jun 2018 14:57)

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Fishing Trawler clue on an iron man, you message a mod for help big_smile

Napkin and whistles, you are able to get back after the quest.  Just have to get Brother to hand over a napkin again, then go get whistles.

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Mod Pepsi said:

Napkin and whistles, you are able to get back after the quest.  Just have to get Brother to hand over a napkin again, then go get whistles.

That's the thing though, when I go back to Brother Galahad, all that happens is him handing me a cup of tea, and then the dialogue ends.

And I will ask a mod for the Trawler clue step in the future. I just didn't want to bother them with it because I got that step quite often. Thanks for the reply!

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Mod Pepsi said:

I'm just going to bump this thread again, especially since the Holy Grail has been added to the clue requirements, forcing players to drop even more clue scrolls when given these steps.

It's impossible to receive another table napkin and thus magic whistle after having dropped both post-quest. This has been the case in RSC and thus also RSCR. Brother Galahad does not have a dialogue option to receive another, and thus it is impossible to reach the fisher realm through conventional means, after ridding your bank of otherwise useless quest junk.

9K6F96Y.png

There are no dialogue options in the first place, other than the automated dialogue of you informing Galahad of your returning of the Grail, and him handing you tea, after which the dialogue ends...

Guess I'll have to bother mods with having to teleport me all the way there for now.

Edit: Thanks for teleporting me! <3 <3 Got all the whistles and grails I will ever need smile

Last edited by Vinkie (5 Jul 2018 12:13)

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

I haven't tested this on my ironman, but on my normal account I was able to re-enter the room on the top floor of the draynor mannor and pick up 4 magic whistles.

I didn't have the napkin on me or in my bank account.

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

BreakIt said:

I haven't tested this on my ironman, but on my normal account I was able to re-enter the room on the top floor of the draynor mannor and pick up 4 magic whistles.

I didn't have the napkin on me or in my bank account.

oh, that's good to know! Although I've already gotten the whistles thanks to pepsi smile