about adding more stuff to the game...

Player avatar

goodwork Send PM

so, i understand the server has been the way it is for awhile, and asking to add more npcs, trees, rocks ect is probably a moot point.  but here i go anyway.

Has anyone ever tried cutting yews with just one other person there?  It's ungodly slow.  Sometimes even just by yourself youre sitting around 50% of the time.  Magics the same way.  My mining level is 1 (for now) but im sure its the same situation.  This just prevents players from, in short, playing the game.  I feel people willing to put in time to earn themselves some cash should be rewarded, and not be pigeon hole'd into something like fishing because competition doesnt matter there.

And i understand the Cons to adding more trees.  But i think they are negligible. 

Many people have achieved 99 wc with the way it is. but just because its the way it was, doesnt mean its the ideal way.

What would adding more yews really do to the economy?  (assuming adding more trees would even increase the amount of people cutting them...)  it would increase the amount of gp in the game some, because most people just high alch them, but it would also increase demand for bow strings (a great way for new players to make cash) and nature runes (good way for players who focus on combat to make money)

My point is, its not just the person cutting yews that would benefit from having more yews in game. 

RSC was never designed for a whole server to fight over 3 trees.   Or a whole server to fight over any set amount of NPCS, rocks, ect.  Which is way they created multiple worlds.  Since we dont have the luxury, id like to suggest an increase to these things.

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

goodwork said:

My mining level is 1 (for now) but im sure its the same situation.

Mining is actually fine. Everyone mining the rock can get ore, as long as the swings of their pickaxe don't run out before they get it.
You can even click the rock from a distance, before the ore is gone, and still get the ore even if by the time you reach the rock the ore is gone. This doesn't always work though and may be a bit of a visual lag, I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, my point is that mining is fine and you don't need to worry about that.

Woodcutting does suck.

Some things that could be changed, without adding new trees are, the respawn timer, success rate of obtaining a log, and chance to chop down the tree.

But that being said, classic in general is slow and painful. It's part of what the game is.
Have you tried Agility yet?

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

BreakIt said:

goodwork said:

Mining is actually fine. Everyone mining the rock can get ore, as long as the swings of their pickaxe don't run out before they get it.
You can even click the rock from a distance, before the ore is gone, and still get the ore even if by the time you reach the rock the ore is gone.

Noticed this aswell mining is ALOT easier than wc.

eh, OP I see your point somewhat

Player avatar

goodwork Send PM

BreakIt said:

goodwork said:

You can even click the rock from a distance, before the ore is gone, and still get the ore even if by the time you reach the rock the ore is gone. This doesn't always work though and may be a bit of a visual lag, I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, my point is that mining is fine and you don't need to worry about that.

Woodcutting does suck.

Some things that could be changed, without adding new trees are, the respawn timer, success rate of obtaining a log, and chance to chop down the tree.

But that being said, classic in general is slow and painful. It's part of what the game is.
Have you tried Agility yet?

ok cool.  thanks for clearing that up about mining. 

i agree, any of those changes would help so much.  they all would serve the same purpose.  although chance to receive a log without any other additions wouldnt really help an awful lot i dont think.

yeah i dont mind the grind.  im a skiller lol.  I made a max char on a different private server.  but atleast agility is consistent.  it feels like only one person on the whole server can cut yews at a time.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

In later versions of RS I believe that Grubor's woods were used as some sort of woodcutting guild or woodcutting area, is this an idea that has popular support here?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Billy said:

In later versions of RS I believe that Grubor's woods were used as some sort of woodcutting guild or woodcutting area, is this an idea that has popular support here?

It's a good idea.  I brought that up right before rscrevolution announced the end or RSC.

Player avatar

Baccano Send PM

I wouldn't mind that Billy. However nature runes would be 600gp ea. And I think mining is fine.... idk if the OP ever played classic, mining was slow as molasses. And on here we don't have 1000 botters hitting them so its actually much easier.

Could we maybe get some way of increasing NPC drop rate tables for maybe quantity of runes and or changing rate?
Or another way thats good for server is make double subs users a chance at a bigger stackable drops in runes from like a few npcs that NOBODY farms?

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Kryptix's turnip had this and it was really nice. Made use of an otherwise dead-spot area of the game.

I think one thing that would really help is to change how the trees fall. It's pretty pathetic when a yew/magic tree falls after 1 chop; and it seems to happen quite often, for me at least. This by itself could be enough to make WC a little more tolerable.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

I support a woodcutting guild being made with a quest to be done to enter it

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

goodwork Send PM

Billy said:

+1

and yeah i didnt know mining was better on here.  i understand now mining here isnt as bad.  i shouldnt have assumed.

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

Billy said:

McGrubor's Wood is still dead content in both OSRS and RS3.
OSRS has added a woodcutting guild in a new location.

On the original RSC there are 3 Forester NPCs outside the woods and if you try to enter they say:

Forester: Hey you can't come through her
Forester: This is private land
(You will need to find another way in)

http://runescapeclassic.wikia.com/wiki/ … r/Dialogue

2bUAq36.png

On RSCR there are only 2 Foresters and Grubor is also there who says

Hello only the top woodcutters are allowed in here

I think Grubor is an NPC related to Hero's Quest and is meant to be in Brimhaven...

Anyway, I like the idea of turning the area into some kind of woodcutting area.
Perhaps the Forester's Arms, the pub in Seers, could be involved some how in gaining initial access.

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

+1 but no magic.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

McGrubor's wood is part of a quest that you need to find the loose panel to get in and get red vines things. Get the vine out, transfer area into a 70+WC guild, and we good.

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.