Minor Auctioneer change

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

I've noticed a recurring question for as long as the Auction House has existed. People will commonly ask, "How do I get my money back from the AH?" When I tell them to speak to the NPC and select the "I'd like to claim my items back" option, they understand and everyone goes about their business, but it keeps happening, so I thought of an easy way to avoid this confusion in the future for new players.

Instead of having it read, "I'd like to claim my items back", have it instead say something like, "I'd like to claim my gold from my recently completed auction(s)."

As far as I can tell, the confusion is the result of people ostensibly reading the current dialogue and thinking (not unreasonably) that it must mean that by clicking that option, it will cancel any OTHER auction items they currently have listed and will return those items to their bank. Under that assumption, they don't see any other option that would actually give them their gp from completed sales. I don't think most people think of "gp" as falling under the category of "items", hence the confusion.

I know this is incredibly minor and a lot of people including myself didn't need help figuring any part of the AH out, so I could see someone reading this and rolling their eyes about me lobbying for this tiny clarification to made just for the benefit of a few silly gooses who can't figure it out for themselves, but I don't think that's really a good philosophy for running a server, lol.

I think it's a good idea even if it goes wayyyy far down on the list of priorities for future updates. Thank you for your time and have a herpy derpy day.

P.S. Please also read my "Problems with KBD from survival" thread in the Bug Report forum.

Last edited by Proxicity (26 Jun 2018 09:04)

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

If the items don't sell, the items are returned.

Player avatar

sjx3 Send PM

+1

But I think it should be "'I'd like to collect my auction house profits and expired items." or if possible a Right-click option "Collect Auctioneer"

Last edited by sjx3 (27 Jun 2018 00:39)

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

Expired items should honestly just automatically return to bank.

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

A right-click option would be fantastic, Sjx3. I agree with you too W4rmachine. A simple dialog box explaining that the auction expired and that the items have been returned to the player's bank seems more sensible than the way it is now.

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber