@Admins whats the deal with slayer?

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

On Point said:

Lets be honest kleio is a moron.

I beg to differ with you.  Kleio is a huge asset to this community, and far from a moron.

The Devs have a high passion for RSC, or they would not be here.  Slayer is coming, yes, progress is slower than expected.  2D sprites from an 18 year old game are not only difficult, they are tedious.  That is what is taking the longest for completing slayer.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Puremanl said:

do you know how to code a game that is from the early 2000's? It would be so expensive to actually have someone who knows how to code and knows the dynamics of this game to come in and develop stuff. This server would need like 5 worlds with 200 people on each world with 50% paying $10 a month at least.

They have lives and jobs i am sure so spending time away from their families or actual jobs is not all that enticing i am sure. Especially the workload to create a new skill for the game. Keep in mind I don't even think rscrevolution developed new skills for RSC and they had a staff full of people and were making MILLIONS back then.

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and try to be a bit more supportive or encouraging. Maybe someone here could volunteer their valuable time to learn how to create the art work for all the Slayer NPC's, new monsters, weapons, items, etc?

spot on bro that's what I try to say when people bitch about how long it's taking. Why put pressure on them to rush out something half-assed and possibly full of bugs? Use your god damned patience and let them release something worth waiting for....

Last edited by Synbios (19 Jun 2018 15:24)

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Synbios said:

Puremanl said:

do you know how to code a game that is from the early 2000's? It would be so expensive to actually have someone who knows how to code and knows the dynamics of this game to come in and develop stuff. This server would need like 5 worlds with 200 people on each world with 50% paying $10 a month at least.

They have lives and jobs i am sure so spending time away from their families or actual jobs is not all that enticing i am sure. Especially the workload to create a new skill for the game. Keep in mind I don't even think rscrevolution developed new skills for RSC and they had a staff full of people and were making MILLIONS back then.

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and try to be a bit more supportive or encouraging. Maybe someone here could volunteer their valuable time to learn how to create the art work for all the Slayer NPC's, new monsters, weapons, items, etc?

spot on bro that's what I try to say when people bitch about how long it's taking. Why put pressure on them to rush out something half-assed and possibly full of bugs? Use your god damned patience and let them release something worth waiting for....

Im not complaining but ur post dont make sense at all. I dont play much anymore. But lol what did u even write.

1. code game from early 2000s (??????) the server isnt from the 2000s, the client is.
2. all of it from now is sprite work, not coding (????)
3. this is their job. this server makes decent money, they get paid for there work. what do you think donation is (??????)
4. new skills for rsc? they rewrote the whole game (not even relevant) (??????)
5. when people ask the same shit months on end, been promised, have donated, they dont get an answer, all we have seen is a one sprite concept art, and a picture of "you've gained another slayer level", convincing
6. people volunteer, sure, only thing thats made sense since you started writing. I guess so, or they should start paying someone to do it.
7. ???????? how do i get my brain cells back ???????

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Admins posted slayer teasers once long ago and then another one about a year ago. These were to let you know we were confirming slayer as a new skill in RSCR, but not to commit to a time frame because there are a lot of other things to fix ingame. Personally, I wish ownership had never had those threads posted because they've mislead a handful of people.

Some tiny minority has actual pent up aggression and ill-will because slayer isn't released. (Imagine how nitpicky and dismissive they'd be if we released the unfinished project as-is!) Now people are insulting the staff for no reason, well, nothing feels worse than developing all day or night and then have some anonymous hater on the internet take a dump all over you or your content

Billy said:

We're going to tease the new NPCs, equipment, weapons, and masters as we get closer to release. This expansion will give players new strategies and abilities that have never been in RSC, but which fit right in. That post should give people a much fuller picture of what slayer in RSCR will actually be.

Full disclosure:The main delay has been finishing the many sprite sets for all the different new monsters and items. But especially the monsters. When we first announced slayer, we had intended to reuse existing NPC sprite sets and only introduce a couple new sprite sets. This was revised and replaced with a pantheon of new RSC monsters which could not possibly reuse existing sprite sets. RSC has a particular look and feel which is very easy to get wrong if the art isn't styled identically. We only have one person, nisti, working on the remaining sprites with me currently. The sprite sets for walk animations and fight animations need much more love than the slayer system code which is basically done. So much so that by our estimations we could develop a quality Runecrafting skill (since the demands are more on inventory sprites and landscape additions, and not npc animations) before releasing slayer, even. Kleio and I have been managing many of the day to day operations of the server, so customer support and stability/bugfixes tend to take most of our attention. Hence, the delay with slayer release.

tl;dr It's trucking along but the art is taking a while. If you are a sprite art wizard and want to get involved and see what we've already got done, shoot us a DM on Discord.

So there you have it.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol