Quest Req Killing P2P Still

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

If you want p2p pk, quest requirements need fixing.

This is a game we all play for fun, there is no fun in doing these same quests over and over.

Why are we being punished for wanting to PK on p2p? it's meant to be fun, if you want to pk regularly you need at least 6 accounts

1 x 48
1 x 65
1 x 75
1 x 85
1x 90
1 x 95
1 x flat

Who on earth wants to do these quests that many times? Charging around 6.5 mill to skip the quests (plate, axe, gaunts) is no solution.

Stop punishing people for wanting to play the game, it's meant to be fun doing the same quests over and over is not fun.

Solutions :

1. Lower Price drastically 300k for plate, d sword and gaunts.
2. Allow HS control points to buy tokens that give rights for plate, d sword or gaunts( TRADABLE ).
3. Allow monsters to drop these rights tokens.

If we had tokens users could farm, via monsters and hotspot, the market can decide the price.

Better solution implement all 3.

This would greatly boost the eco as well, since more characters pking = more shark and pots used.

No skiller opinions wanted

Last edited by suvivalist (30 May 2018 08:04)

Player avatar

Loot3d Send PM

suvivalist said:

If you want p2p pk, quest requirements need fixing.

This is a game we all play for fun, there is no fun in doing these same quests over and over.

Why are we being punished for wanting to PK on p2p? it's meant to be fun, if you want to pk regularly you need at least 6 accounts

1 x 48
1 x 65
1 x 75
1 x 85
1x 90
1 x 95
1 x flat

Who on earth wants to do these quests that many times? Charging around 6.5 mill to skip the quests (plate, axe, gaunts) is no solution.

Stop punishing people for wanting to play the game, it's meant to be fun doing the same quests over and over is not fun.

Solutions :

1. Lower Price drastically 300k for plate, d sword and gaunts.
2. Allow HS control points to buy tokens that give rights for plate, d sword or gaunts( TRADABLE ).
3. Allow monsters to drop these rights tokens.

If we had tokens users could farm, via monsters and hotspot, the market can decide the price.

Better solution implement all 3.

No skiller opinions wanted

beeeeen saying lower prices to promote p2p pking.. prices only make sense for stakers(since they only have to buy rights once)

-high cost for quest rights destroys p2p pking.
its a desolate wasteland aside from a few lower level characters (apart from flats) during p2p days and I know several people that would be pking during p2p if prices weren't so ludicrous

+1 +1 +1

Last edited by Loot3d (30 May 2018 07:50)

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

As had been said many times, you are skipping a significant amount of game play when your buy rights to wield quest items.
Its something that should not be free or Even cheap.

Buying rights is not the reason people dislike p2p pking.

How is its punishment to be able to buy those rights? It's something you never had the option to do with rscrevolution

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

As had been said many times, you are skipping a significant amount of game play when your buy rights to wield quest items.
Its something that should not be free or Even cheap.

Buying rights is not the reason people dislike p2p pking.

How is its punishment to be able to buy those rights? It's something you never had the option to do with rscrevolution

It's a punishment making us do the quests, it's not fun to do the same quest over and over, this is a GAME it's supposed to be fun. If you enjoy them so much I'll let you do it on 50 accounts.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

If you have 50 accounts that need rights... Yes, it will cost a ton of gp.  But, at the end of the day, you chose to have 50 accounts.
There's always the option to use rune chain, rune battle and kite.. Just saying

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

If you have 50 accounts that need rights... Yes, it will cost a ton of gp.  But, at the end of the day, you chose to have 50 accounts.

Exactly your completely out of touch with the player base and know nothing, hence why i asked for no skiller replies.

The option people take is to not pk p2p, but as you have no foresight and don't understand the player base you clearly don't get it.

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

At some point a line has to be drawn before things turn into ez-scape. Lost city and dragon slayer are both very quick to complete, and the "no fun" argument is kind of lame. Pretty much everything in this game is a grind and could be considered "no fun" -- the 20,000th shark you fish is the same as the first. You do it because it's satisfying when you get to 99 or get the quests done and can start pking.

I think the current shop is pretty fair - and if you're really building/equipping 6 pkers then you should already have a pretty ridiculous amount of cash stored up to stock them all, so this is just one more expense to factor in. If you consider how much $ you make per hour on your main vs. how much time it would take you to do the quests you can easily figure out which ones are worth it or not.

Last edited by dippymister (30 May 2018 11:41)

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

suvivalist said:

Mod Pepsi said:

Exactly your completely out of touch with the player base and know nothing, hence why i asked for no skiller replies.

The option people take is to not pk p2p, but as you have no foresight and don't understand the player base you clearly don't get it.

I am sorry you feel this way about me, but you are clearly wrong in your opinion of me.

I have rallied behind pkers a lot more that you know, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.  Also, because you do not see my main character PKing, does not mean I don't PK.    There is a reason staff members either do not PK, or do it on accounts no one knows.

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

I am sorry you feel this way about me, but you are clearly wrong in your opinion of me.

You think the player base wants to re do the same 8 or so quests over and over, you are clearly out of touch with the players.

Last edited by suvivalist (30 May 2018 12:07)

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

dippymister said:

dragon slayer are both very quick to complete

Dragon slayer requires many other quests be completed and is extremely long

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

suvivalist said:

dippymister said:

You can easily do dragon slayer (and lost city, for that matter) from scratch in 1 day if you know what you're doing. RSCwiki -> quests -> sort by QP. You only need 6-8 easy quests that take 15 minutes each to get the 32 qp. Start with an easy one that requires no items like romeo+juliet and gather supplies on another char while you quest. Do sheep shearer for quest points + ~15 something crafting levels to get started on craft req for lost city.

Just gotta be smart about it.

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

dippymister said:

suvivalist said:

dippymister said:

You can easily do dragon slayer (and lost city, for that matter) from scratch in 1 day if you know what you're doing. RSCwiki -> quests -> sort by QP. You only need 6-8 easy quests that take 15 minutes each to get the 32 qp. Start with an easy one that requires no items like romeo+juliet and gather supplies on another char while you quest. Do sheep shearer for quest points + ~15 something crafting levels to get started on craft req for lost city.

Why would I want to do the same quest 6 times? this is a game, it's supposed to be enjoyable.

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

suvivalist said:

dippymister said:

suvivalist said:

Why would I want to do the same quest 6 times? this is a game, it's supposed to be enjoyable.

You would want to do the same quest 6 times because when you complete them you will have 6 awesome pkers.

Why would anyone want to mine the same rock 30,000 times?
Why would anyone want to fish the same shark 16,000 times?
Why would anyone want to kill the same dragon 8,000 times?

Idk man - that's what this game is. You grind. You achieve stuff. You feel satisfied.

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

dippymister said:

I don't?

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

suvivalist said:

Mod Pepsi said:

You think the player base wants to re do the same 8 or so quests over and over, you are clearly out of touch with the players.

I never said that.... you are the one attempting to make it look as though I said things I clearly did not.

As stated earlier, I have fought for things Pkers have asked for, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

If you don't want to do the quests, we have implemented the option to buy the quest rights.   If you can not afford it, maybe ask someone tips on making some fast GP

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

No the option is just don't pk p2p

Your response just shows how out of touch you are.

Last edited by suvivalist (30 May 2018 13:16)

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

dippymister said:

suvivalist said:

You would want to do the same quest 6 times because when you complete them you will have 6 awesome pkers.

Idk man - that's what this game is. You grind. You achieve stuff. You feel satisfied.

No YOU grind and think this is what the game should be about for everybody

Not everyone gets a nerd boner for finally having hit the same rock x amount of times or did the same quest 50 times

Obviously. My point is that the game is founded upon grinding. If you're a skiller, you grind to improve your skills. If you're into making money you grind to get money. If you're a pker, you grind TO MAKE A GREAT PKER. And you grind on another character to make money for your pker. If you take away the grinding you are fundamentally changing the game.

I highly doubt you haven't done any grinding in this game, Beatdown. And was the grinding worth it to get to where you are now?

If you guys are so intent on pking without putting in any effort, then why not just go to some other rsc private server where you can change your stats and spawn items?

Last edited by dippymister (30 May 2018 13:41)

Player avatar

HoofedEar Send PM

suvivalist said:

So you want them to stop "punishing" you for wanting to play the game

By making it so you can play less of the game

[img]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/features/feature209_selesnya.png[/img]
Discord: HoofedEar#9937

Player avatar

C L A W S Send PM

-1 you are best friend, im assuming you are i3ullshit? the one that cried on global for an hr today? you have the option to "buy rights" for quest items if you dont want to do the actual quest, u only need what like 5m or someshit for a full p2p quested pking acc? thats easy, i can make that in like 2 and a half days, stop being a lazy asshole mkay?

Player avatar

suvivalist Send PM

C L A W S said:

-1 you are ignorant, im assuming you are i3ullshit? the one that cried on global for an hr today? you have the option to "buy rights" for quest items if you dont want to do the actual quest, u only need what like 5m or someshit for a full p2p quested pking acc? thats easy, i can make that in like 2 and a half days, stop being a lazy asshole mkay?

No that wasn't me