@Admins whats the deal with slayer?

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

It doesnt really bother me as Im not particularly interested but it has been a year and many many players are getting no response from staff. Think its a good idea for yall to be transparent as possible towards the players

Player avatar

Cyryx Send PM

I just started playing and this is already frustrating me. Just tell your players what to expect.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Like I said before, it will be delayed because I ate it and now we'll have to wait till I poop it out.

Lol...

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Semirotta said:

Like I said before, it will be delayed because I ate it and now we'll have to wait till I poop it out.

11/10 ur some weird one irl

Last edited by adidas (14 May 2018 22:50)

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

adidas said:

Semirotta said:

11/10 ur some weird one irl

Be lucky you have no idea.

Lol...

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Billy: "More info about Slayer will be in our May newsletter"

20th May..

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

Most likely they are waiting for osrs mobile to come out to release slayer . Atleast thats what I m thinking . And tbh nothing is wrong with that , but yeah it has been a full year since they announce slayer and the hype kinda died hmm and some players including myself lost interest for it .

Player avatar

HoofedEar Send PM

See I'd rather them work out all the kinks with Slayer rather than releasing it incomplete or buggy. But its true, more communication of this would be nice

[img]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/features/feature209_selesnya.png[/img]
Discord: HoofedEar#9937

Player avatar

Thekenman Send PM

It would really make PvE more interesting.

Take it easy

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

We're going to tease the new NPCs, equipment, weapons, and masters as we get closer to release. This expansion will give players new strategies and abilities that have never been in RSC, but which fit right in. That post should give people a much fuller picture of what slayer in RSCR will actually be.

Full disclosure:The main delay has been finishing the many sprite sets for all the different new monsters and items. But especially the monsters. When we first announced slayer, we had intended to reuse existing NPC sprite sets and only introduce a couple new sprite sets. This was revised and replaced with a pantheon of new RSC monsters which could not possibly reuse existing sprite sets. RSC has a particular look and feel which is very easy to get wrong if the art isn't styled identically. We only have one person, nisti, working on the remaining sprites with me currently. The sprite sets for walk animations and fight animations need much more love than the slayer system code which is basically done. So much so that by our estimations we could develop a quality Runecrafting skill (since the demands are more on inventory sprites and landscape additions, and not npc animations) before releasing slayer, even. Kleio and I have been managing many of the day to day operations of the server, so customer support and stability/bugfixes tend to take most of our attention. Hence, the delay with slayer release.

tl;dr It's trucking along but the art is taking a while. If you are a sprite art wizard and want to get involved and see what we've already got done, shoot us a DM on Discord.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Thekenman Send PM

Makes sense.

Most delays with development teams are due to art/graphic restraints, hence why so much of it is usually outsourced.

Keep trucking along guys. Thanks !

Take it easy

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for the transparency billy +1

Player avatar

KandiKlover Send PM

Please don't add Slayer and Craftrune. The game is fine the way it is and it would just ruin the RSC feel which is why I lile this game a lot.

Am noob

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

KandiKlover said:

Please don't add Slayer and Craftrune. The game is fine the way it is and it would just ruin the RSC feel which is why I lile this game a lot.

I dont really like the thought of rc, slayer sounds good, but u gotta get with the times most people want new content now, or the game gets dry

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

adidas said:

It doesnt really bother me as Im not particularly interested but it has been a year and many many players are getting no response from staff. Think its a good idea for yall to be transparent as possible towards the players

We can see where your frustrations are coming from, but we need to trust the staff on it's release. To insure critical bugs aren't released with it.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Backinblac34 Send PM

subscriber

Backinblac here, my monthly  where the $*%& is slayer post. Has anybody heard anything about the skill? Estimated time of release?

Player avatar

panther king Send PM

cash said 90% complete and the man is in the know.

Player avatar

Raewynn Send PM

subscriber

Pureman is right.  Kleio came online and said it's something that's coming slowly because there are only two people working on it, and their passion for it is pretty low.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Raewynn said:

Pureman is right.  Kleio came online and said it's something that's coming slowly because there are only two people working on it, and their passion for it is pretty low.

Then there passion for rsc is low and we should have people for high passion for rsc.

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

On Point Send PM

JediMindTrix said:

Raewynn said:

Then there passion for rsc is low and we should have people for high passion for rsc.

Lets be honest kleio is a moron.