New Range Weapons: Flintlock rifles/pistols and hand cannons

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

Just a silly idea:

For melee weapons we have a plethora of weapons: Battle-axes, maces, 2 handed, daggers, short swords and longswords. Even the woodcutting axe can be used as a weapon

However for range, we only have short and long bows, crossbows, throwing darts, knives, and spears, and dwarf cannon.

Hence I have a suggestion to increase the variety of range weapons: include flintlocks rifles/pistols and hand cannons. The ammunitions can be pellets (bronze pellets, iron pellets, rune pellets, etc) and it needs gunpowder to fire these pellets. This is so that it wont replace the bows as the ideal range weapon.

It doesn't conflict with the fantasy settings as more fantasy media are starting to include firearms (Warcraft, Warhammer universe, etc). Therefore i think its a good idea to have them in RSCR too.

Let me know if this sounds cool.

Last edited by Justince (25 May 2018 05:26)

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

Also we can consider having explosive potions and blowpipes using darts as ammunitions for range weapons too.

Last edited by Justince (25 May 2018 05:26)

Player avatar

konartiz Send PM

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

i think the only cool thing to add would be blowpipes that are super rare and use darts with them

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

But let's leave the pointless explosives out of the game shall we.

Lol...

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

Semirotta said:

But let's leave the pointless explosives out of the game shall we.

Yeah im thinking explosives would be too overpowered in a game like RS. We already have spells for that

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

Sosa said:

i think the only cool thing to add would be blowpipes that are super rare and use darts with them

Or make them super expensive and need high level to craft them.

Well then we can have guns and blowpipes. What do you think, mods?

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

+1 allow nuclear weapons

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

+1 alien crafted plasma beam rifle

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

+1 Chaingun Wielding Black Dragon

Last edited by Justince (25 May 2018 12:49)

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Justince said:

Sosa said:

Sure higher price would counter it a bit for not being OP but then; would people use it? most likely not.
Explosives like Dynamite would perhaps go but no need for any other like C4 or such. Doesn't fit into the game.

Lol...

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

Semirotta said:

Justince said:

Sosa said:

Sure higher price would counter it a bit for not being OP but then; would people use it? most likely not.
Explosives like Dynamite would perhaps go but no need for any other like C4 or such. Doesn't fit into the game.

The pipe can increase damage of the darts to make it worth it.

I guess if we were to put explosive weapons we have to make it fantasy-themed and not something out of Rainbow Six. Dynamite is too modern for RS. Maybe those classic black ball bomb with fuse string on them that requires tinderbox to light?

Last edited by Justince (25 May 2018 13:38)

Player avatar

HanzZimma Send PM

subscriber

Iban blast was a great one but people cried for weeks because it "unfair", so n0m removed it. The same thing will happen if we get anything better than what we have.

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

HanzZimma said:

Iban blast was a great one but people cried for weeks because it "unfair", so n0m removed it. The same thing will happen if we get anything better than what we have.

We can make flintlock guns members only so it cannot be used in F2P wildy. Also i suggested the guns used gunpowder which is finite together with the pellets like a real flintlock (making it use 2 "forms of ammunitions" together as opposed to bow which uses arrows only) to balance it. Lastly the guns uses different materials of pellets like how bows uses different types of arrows to provide variety of damages depending on the materials.

I doubt it will be overpowered if applied correctly

Last edited by Justince (25 May 2018 14:52)

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

We can also make it such that leather armor provides excellent damage reduction against arrows and pellets but weak against melee attacks, making it RS version of bulletproof vest

Player avatar

HanzZimma Send PM

subscriber

Justince said:

HanzZimma said:

We can make flintlock guns members only so it cannot be used in F2P wildy. Also i suggested the guns used gunpowder which is finite together with the pellets like a real flintlock (making it use 2 "forms of ammunitions" together as opposed to bow which uses arrows only) to balance it. Lastly the guns uses different materials of pellets like how bows uses different types of arrows to provide variety of damages depending on the materials.

I doubt it will be overpowered if applied correctly

Iban was p2p and wasn't op either, we'll never get anything good

Player avatar

RSC&moto2 Send PM

lol... you listed 7range weapons and 7 melee. including the hatchet..

Player avatar

Mod Joey Send PM

Hand cannon would be nice

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Sosa said:

When you put it like that it sounds dope. Implement them as a drop item from slayer

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]