Dead man

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Deadman sucked for a few reasons for me the biggest was too much level spread, it was ok to start but then when people were very different levels there was no one to attack.

1. Make maximum combat lvl 90......it would reduce level spread and mean people making different builds for that level, rather than all ending up flats the same stats.

2. Allow people to logout while running, I get the idea was so people can't log but...if you get away you should be away, not chased around 50 wild for 45 mins with them 20 squares away. Even if you made it 20 seconds from combat instead of 10.

3. Less time for the dead man guards to attack you, it wasn't fun fighting someone then having to sit somewhere out the way for agers before you could bank and carry on playing.

Just my thoughts, be good to get some feedback off others before the next season.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

99 should be max combat, opens up options for a fairly good variety of builds, keeps the playing field level, reachable achievement by casual or hardcore players, which is a big problem in OSRS deadman (players no lifing ruining the game for casual players). They've had like 20 deadman seasons and every one has had major flaws, it's not something that you can just get right, they offer all sorts now like an immunity if you start a week late, quests start to unlock over time, resource drops are buffed in relevant places, to encourage PKing. Without it all you just encouraging no lifing and people being scared to lose their stats and bank. The game mode shouldn't be HideManMode like it was before on here, need to actually encourage PKing.

Should be able to teleport away imo after 15 seconds of combat, dunno about logging out, besides there's only one world, what's stopping someone just camping you when you log out. I used to camp people who logged all the time, if you can teleport after xx seconds there's multiple places you could choose, person you tele from could give chase by trying to guess where you tele'd, making it a bit more exciting. I think you can do that already though, Idk, been ages since I played Deadman forgot what the tele rules were tbh

It's the same problem in OSRS deadman the guards are what is hated the most. Standing on some random fucking tile walking back and forth for 30 minutes in some random out the way spot to walk off your skull is just ridiculous it's time that could be spent PKing more players, it's just a total waste of time. It should be 15-20 minutes if you attack someone a lot lower than you, 7-10 minutes if its someone a closer level. RSC deadman will NEVER have thousands of players like OSRS does therefore having such long wait times is not viable

I personally am not going to play this season but I'm going to keep my eye out for the development and tweaking of the rules and mechanics, as it is, rewarding the ''top skiller'' means nothing, you're just rewarding the biggest no lifer and rewarding the ''top pker'' means nothing, you can't determine someones skill level when they just running round killing every AFKer/skiller they see, sorry but killing mostly naked or AFK people shouldn't determine who is the best PKer and wins that prize lol. Should be forcing people to fight at the end of the season and doing anything and everything you can to encourage PKing during the season, last deadman was absolutely ruined by skillers and I think that will continue to happen to be honest

Last edited by o0ps13 (27 Mar 2018 12:46)

Turtles

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I don't mind the level cap just not flats would be good.

The logging out isn't so much to even escape but I had it where I had to go for RL and some idiot is chasing for me 30 minutes etc.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I tried Deadman for a bit and was really excited because the description sounded good.  The reason I didn't like it was because you didn't know where the other Deadmen were and also that it was too safe (too easy to bank and skill and train, etc.).
The solutions I came up with were to make some sort of radar that seeked out other deadmen or to make only lumby safe or only banks that are nowhere near any good training or skilling grounds.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

nyx3 Send PM

Eww Bald said:

I tried Deadman for a bit and was really excited because the description sounded good.  The reason I didn't like it was because you didn't know where the other Deadmen were and also that it was too safe (too easy to bank and skill and train, etc.).
The solutions I came up with were to make some sort of radar that seeked out other deadmen or to make only lumby safe or only banks that are nowhere near any good training or skilling grounds.

But also you couldn't attack most due to level spread