Builds for 1v1 Event - Discuss

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

Hi,

With our new, popular event we have added some new builds. The stats are not written in stone and they can be changed in 5 minutes. It's hard to please everyone and right now we have some basic builds of different kinds set up just to get it out there and test instead of the very few we had before.

There are 8 for F2P and 8 for P2P. Now that some public testing has been done It would be great if you have ideas on what could be improved and why. Tell us what you would change, which should be modified, what spells on what etc. etc.

Lets have a constructive discussion.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MHnkLqY.png[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Just make the builds act like they did in classic.  On a related note, find some way to make it not so laggy?
Also, make it so you can choose from different stats for combat level so everyone isn't the same stats?

Last edited by Eww Bald (12 Mar 2018 19:18)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

illllllllllllllllllllllll Send PM

subscriber

A nice option would be certain combat levels where you get to "set" your stats.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

illllllllllllllllllllllll said:

A nice option would be certain combat levels where you get to "set" your stats.

I think that would take too long per tournament unless you mean every tournament you join for a certain combat lvl it "remembers" the stats you've set ahead of time.

What about having a no-food option for the builds that are harder to kill?

Last edited by Eww Bald (12 Mar 2018 20:33)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

We have spend some time today adjusting the builds.  Some were simply too off.
Hopefully we have them good now.

Once we know what is solid, we will set them in stone.

We would also like suggestions on something like a God Mage, or a low level mage of sorts.
We are  also considering a level 3 -13 , but ofc only giving them baby foods to eat, so their tournament does not last for hours.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I don't really do them but...

All the builds need to do fast damage, I mean there's really nothing to fighting high defense with low attack and no magic, it's just stand there for 15 mins.

As much as I hate 1 def for PK, for these tourney it's prob best to have 1 def, magic for most/all builds.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I also think these events should cater less to "pro" pkers so that less experienced people can enjoy them, too.  That's why I don't think every build has to be over in 2 rounds if an experienced person is facing a noob.

New players are something that are not considered much in these updates and I'm not sure why.  I wouldn't assume that people who never played classic will never want to play here.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

83 Plate Pure   ( 40 80 99 with 99 hp -- 80 ranged , 34  prayer, 1 magic )
74 Plate Pure  ( 44 40 99 with 99 hp -- 80 range, 34 prayer, 1 magic )

Fuck those builds, I personally can't see a problem with the rest, p2p builds don't really matter constantly smacking 30's whatever your build is. Like Nyx said, low defense and magic / high dps builds probs be better gets the events done a little quicker and much more fun that stood smashing 0's on someone for 10 minutes

Turtles

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

o0ps13 said:

Fuck those builds, I personally can't see a problem with the rest, p2p builds don't really matter constantly smacking 30's whatever your build is. Like Nyx said, low defense and magic / high dps builds probs be better gets the events done a little quicker and much more fun that stood smashing 0's on someone for 10 minutes

This is exactly why you shouldn't ask the "regulars" here what to do with your updates.  He just wants what he personally likes and doesn't care what anyone else likes. 

The idea should be what makes the game better overall, not what appeals to a select few who comment on the forums.  Listen to what players say, then think for yourselves!

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

It's not what he likes or doesn't 40 attack wont hit 80 defence each fight would take 20 minutes and it wouldn't be a fun 20 minutes.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Nyx said:

It's not what he likes or doesn't 40 attack wont hit 80 defence each fight would take 20 minutes and it wouldn't be a fun 20 minutes.

That's your opinion.  Besides, it's not like you HAVE to have full food for these events.  Y'all are only looking at this stuff from your own very narrow perspectives of people who have logged thousands of hours on the game.

The pking doesn't have to be cutting edge for it to be fun, that's only what the crusty players on here believe.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Eww Bald said:

o0ps13 said:

This is exactly why you shouldn't ask the "regulars" here what to do with your updates.  He just wants what he personally likes and doesn't care what anyone else likes. 

The idea should be what makes the game better overall, not what appeals to a select few who comment on the forums.  Listen to what players say, then think for yourselves!

shut up

Turtles

Player avatar

fmlbruh Send PM

subscriber

F2P

Flats ( 99 99 99 with 99 hp -- 1 ranged, 80 prayer, 69 magic)
90 Hybrid   ( 99 1 99 with 99 hp --1 ranged, 62 prayer, 69 magic )
83 Plate Pure   ( 40 80 99 with 99 hp -- 80 ranged , 34  prayer, 1 magic ) - shit. do 80 40 99
74 Plate Pure  ( 44 40 99 with 99 hp -- 80 range, 34 prayer, 1 magic ) -having the 83 with 80 40 99 would be best
64 Prayer Beast   ( 40 1 99 with 99 hp -- 80 ranged, 40 prayer, 1 magic )
58 Hybrid   ( 40 1 75 with 64 hp -- 1 ranged, 40 prayer, 69 magic ) who the hell would use? HP too low. maybe like a 40 1 93 with mage for wind blast or fire bolt.
47 Ranged Pure  ( 40 1 80 64 hp -- 80 ranged, 1 prayer, 1 magic ) fun
33 Ranged Pure  ( 40 1 50 42 hp -- 60 range, 1 prayer, 1 magic ) fun

P2P Builds

Flats   ( 99 99 99 with 99 hp -- 1 ranged, 80 prayer, 85 magic )  flats f2p only be best
95 Hybrid  ( 62 60 99 with 99 hp --  1 ranged, 40 prayer, 85 magic ) would be most fun of the bunch imo
90 Hybrid  ( 99 1 99 with 99 hp -- 1 ranged, 46 prayer, 85 magic ) 3 hit fest. not fun every fight ends in 1-3 fights
87 Plate Pure  ( 99 40 99 with 89 hp -- 80 ranged, 40 prayer, 1 magic ) you wanna give the pl8 pure high attack in the p2p tho. already 3 hit fest. would be fun tho.
82 Hybrid  ( 80 1 99 with 89 hp -- 1 ranged, 40 prayer, 85 magic ) 3hits like crazy bruh
74 Addy Pure  ( 60 30 99 with 89 hp -- 80 ranged, 40 prayer, 1 magic ) fun
61 Prayer Beast  ( 40 1 99 with 87 hp -- 80 ranged, 40 prayer, 1 magic ) more 3 hits. pointless p2p to do these builds.
33 Ranged Pure  ( 40 1 50 with 42 hp -- 60 ranged, 1 prayer, 1 magic ) pointless p2p. f2p only for 33s.

Do mages too. do lvl 28ish mages f2p def high as possible with 69 mage
and do 1 99 1 85 mage gmages

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

o0ps13 said:

Eww Bald said:

o0ps13 said:

shut up

Nah, I don't respond to petulence.
The truth hurts, huh brah?

Last edited by Eww Bald (13 Mar 2018 19:42)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Anything with high defense would need to go away.

Waste of time.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Third Send PM

the builds are actually incredible. very impressive job. level 5 mages would be fun, as well as 35 defense mages with max f2p mage bonus & fire blast would be a good balance for a pure mage build (25 hitpoints hitting 8's)

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Pure Ranger (1 att and str)