Independent resources for all players (trees and rocks)

Player avatar

Rockslide Send PM

I suggest that when you cut down a tree, it will only be cut down on your screen. All other players would still see the tree standing, and would be able to cut it independently from you. Same for mining rocks.

Why?
Because then we don't have to fight over resources. The way it is now, whenever I am cutting trees or mining, and another player walks by, I hope he fucks off and moves along asap. I am annoyed by the presence of other people at the magic trees and at the mining guild. Often I log off and go play something else when the resource spots are taken. That's not how it should be, is it?

With this idea, it will instead be fun to gather resources with other people. We can chat and have fun while gathering resources at our own pace, not worrying about being quick enough to catch that tree or coal or before someone else does.

Player avatar

PolarisRNGR Send PM

I feel trees are far worse than rocks. But your solution is kind of the exact opposite of what they did when they fixed the trees... I'm not sure what the answer is for trees... more locations with 3-4 trees seems like an easy solution. Like 1 or 2 more? Idk

Player avatar

Rockslide Send PM

That would not solve the problem I am describing. My point is this:

The rate at which one can gather resources should NOT depend on the amount of players online, or on the time of day.

Resource flow can be precisely controlled through respawn rates, no need for players fighting over it.

Player avatar

KandiKlover Send PM

I agree with you, either that or make them not go away lile flax. But something needs to be done because there are a good amount of players on a lot lf the time and only 1 server so there is no option to world hop and find an empty space.

Am noob

Player avatar

PolarisRNGR Send PM

I don't necessarily disagree with you in that trees as resources should not be limited to the extent that they are right now. But to make it back to what it was brings back the problem that they attempted to solve by "fixing" trees.

Too much money dumped into the economy via magics via fletch/alch

Last edited by PolarisRNGR (27 Feb 2018 01:49)

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Agree 100%. I don't cut magic trees on here, but I'm sure its annoying as hell if you are not by yourself.  It should be just like fishing - the amount of players there is irrelevant.

The only other solution would be that trees NEVER disappear - BUT - the rate at which you can obtain logs is locked in at a set rate based on woodcutting level.

This isn't the real RSC where there were 30 servers to hop between if too many people were cutting trees, thus the need for this change.