RSCR Lotto Chest

Player avatar

Mod Ultra Send PM

hey everyone ! so i came up with a lotto chest and if it comes through it will be placed in Edgeville to hang out with all of us tongue  im just wondering what your guys thoughts are on it , and if you have any additional ideas for it leave them in the comments and ill update it accordingly big_smile thx guys
ps. sorry for my crappy picture lol my first time making a pic on pc.
jHoN6w
hmtpmw

Last edited by Mod Ultra (20 Jan 2018 04:54)

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

I actually had a similiar idea where people can put stuff in a certain chest which has a timer for like 24hrs? and after times up, someone who has contributed would win the loot. Wouldnt be point to set a short timer as we already have lottos going on all the time smile just the bits of ideas.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

@Alikben1 as long as there is a system that stops junk from going in the chest.

'Player sjg213 won with a contribution of one Bones!'

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

Lol that would be fun too, at least something i guess lol. Would be cool have an option to claim the items like from auctioneer but you would be also able to choose items that u dont want so they dissapear or drop on the ground.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

So it would basically be lotto with items instead of gp?
Only problem is, people throw in shit and then they win. Just like no limit lottery people buy 40 tickets and win with 99% chance.

Lol...

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

Semirotta said:

So it would basically be lotto with items instead of gp?
Only problem is, people throw in shit and then they win. Just like no limit lottery people buy 40 tickets and win with 99% chance.

Nope, no limit lotteries if there are 50 tickets total bought, 2 million GP pot, the person who bought 40 tickets spent 2 million to have a 80% chance of winning 2 million gp.

Like I said, there should be regulations, The basic idea from what I see is for people to put items they dont need but other players would love to have.

For example, I think I have 13 rune axes a bunch of baxes and stuff just piling up from drops. I could put in 10 rune hatchets, 76k high alch value. Since this is over 50k i'd have a chance to win the pot/lottery whenever it is drawn. The tricky thing is having a system to filter out troll items and junk in the chest.

High Alch doesnt really work because something like law runes, 1k laws = 100-120k in the AH but high alch they're only 7kGP

Player avatar

Mod Ultra Send PM

there would be a limit on machine pulls per day (30) for example , not like no limit lotteries where you can buy unlimited amount of tickets, and the the more pulls doesn't make your percentage of winning higher, .001% chance of winning pot stays the same no matter how many pulls of the machine you do big_smile so being rich or not doesn't matter with chest, its more about chance in this version of lotto tongue

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Could be a good Idea, put it in Draynor, someone was remarking about how they would like to see Draynor get busy again. I agree with this, Draynor was where I hung out a bunch merching. It has nostalgic value  to me. Would be cool to think of ways to attract people to it.

There are a few ideas on the forums that we could work into this.

1) locate this lotto chest in Draynor

2) create a skillers dungeon entrance in Draynor to bring some traffic to the place. 1500 TS seems about right. This is TNT'S Idea

3) move the AH from Lumby to Draynor, it is way too cramped in Lumby any way. We can just use the free port to edge to get to an AH.

4) add more certs as drops in game, like crafting things like bow strings/flax, high end logs, buckets of sand/soda ash white berries/Snape grass and so on to high end mobs and add ALL cert exchange NPCs to Draynor.

Can think of more things to add to boost the population of Draynor.

Not trying to hijack your thread yikes, the chest is a good idea Ultra.

Last edited by Z Han Solo (20 Jan 2018 20:21)