The rare item conspiracy

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

The rare item market is being run and controlled  by a group of players who have hoarded a large sum of all the active rare items in the game.

If we must continue paying these prices I say the prices of supplies in game should inflate with them.

Back when hats were 15-30m  supplies such as ores,fish,logs and runes cost the exact same as they do now!

Stop making the rich, rich! make them pay more for goods such as ores and food!  Fish and logs!

Lately I see they are asking 80m + for white and green hats and saying the others are of much lower value.  But why?

The majority of them are owned by a few players, the other 4 colors not so much. What they are doing is saying the hats they do not own mass amounts of are worth less. So they can buy them cheaper and raise prices.  Don't let it happen, also do not pay 80m for a hat.  You may see that some players are buying them, that is an illusion. It is other stakers buying them to try and make players believe these prices are fair when they are not .

Last edited by glass of water (28 Nov 2016 01:34)

Player avatar

rsclassicftw Send PM

subscriber

glass of water said:

The rare item market is being run and controlled  by a group of players who have hoarded a large sum of all the active rare items in the game.

If we must continue paying these prices I say the prices of supplies in game should inflate with them.

Back when hats were 15-30m  supplies such as ores,fish,logs and runes cost the exact same as they do now!

Stop making the rich, rich! make them pay more for goods such are ores and food!  Fish and logs!

That's not inflation, that's supply and demand. Because rares are not necessary to progress in the game and are vanity only, the only demand is what's created by vanity. Stop paying for the items and they'll stop selling high.

I for one won't buy a rare because it serves no purpose beyond being a money sink. If you stop buying them they'll stop selling as high.

As for crafting or skilling goods, someone will always be there to undercut your prices to sell quickly. Making a post to drive costs up will not work.

Chars: Rsclassicftw // Billy Idol
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/zwgmz5.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

rsclassicftw said:

glass of water said:

Stop making the rich, rich! make them pay more for goods such are ores and food!  Fish and logs!

That's not inflation, that's supply and demand. Because rares are not necessary to progress in the game and are vanity only, the only demand is what's created by vanity. Stop paying for the items and they'll stop selling high.

I for one won't buy a rare because it serves no purpose beyond being a money sink. If you stop buying them they'll stop selling as high.

As for crafting or skilling goods, someone will always be there to undercut your prices to sell quickly. Making a post to drive costs up will not work.

You make valid points that sound much more logical than those i stated.  But i still say it is a conspiracy!

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Look, I started to hoard rares. It's not to drive up the price, but to maintain it. It I had 53 p hats for sale, the odds are they will travel around and the price will limit and rise, p lumit and rise, until people can afford them. We stabilize the prices not hike them. When 500 new players come in the picture, the want goes up so the price does too. Doesn't mean I'm deliberatlyt inflating the price. I'm just adding for the need of the item in question.  Also, like mentioned  supply vs demand.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Shut up skyler

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Shut up skyler

can u respond to my pms on skype  - sosa .. or pm me on forums

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

18 Skills Send PM

Any supplies i sell i'm taxing.

IGN: 18 Skills and King of Edge.

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

Lol why even buy that shit.. useless junk that's never interested me.  I'll stick to just farming Pk supplies and enjoying the game for what it is, not standing in edgeville circle jerking over coloured pixels smile

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Pixel's are great! smile

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava