Woah, 15 years later... A wild PK'er appears

Player avatar

Maverick2k Send PM

Subscriber

Hey guys,

I found this private server thanks to a friend and decided to give it a go for nostalgia reasons and it's safe to say, I'm not disappointed. I started playing rscrevolution in 2001/2002 back when there were just two servers with a hundred people or so on each server - you know, the days of toggleable PvP and getting fucked up in Varrock when you were trying to buy arrows etc from the vendor.

I've only been playing for a day a half and it's really nice to see the game again, to play it and to experience, essentially, my childhood again. I'm an old man now, 29 years old. Started playing this when I was just 13/14. Madness.

Anyway, subscribed to platinum as a thank you for running this private server. Kudos.

See you guys in the wildy!

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Happy to have you on board Maverick2k! Safe to say we share your passion for the nostalgia bomb smile

If you feel rusty, use RSClassic Wiki to polish up. There are also many helpful threads here, like in the Quest/Guides/Tutorials section. And make sure to make full use of the "members" areas and quests which are of course totally free to access!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me in game on "Billy".

Cheers!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

Welcome man. I'm about the same age/start time as you, and I just started back up yesterday myself, and can totally feel the nostalgia. Too much fun.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Si2DE4H.png[/img]

Player avatar

PolarBear Send PM

subscriber

Welcome fellow old timer!

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Learn to multilog or your gonna hate pking.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Learn to multilog or your gonna hate pking.

Who been the main culprit in last good few months? Let me guess..beatdown and oppsie?

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Maverick2k Send PM

Subscriber

What's multi-logging all about then?

Player avatar

lilranger Send PM

subscriber

welcome sir

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

Maverick2k said:

People use pc or Droid app cloners to run multiple accounts at the same time. There's a handful of players here that each run atleast 5 accounts each and they basically control the wild. I went  to wild to kill KBD the other day and beatdown catches me on my way there and uses 3 accounts to kill me. Makes wild and pking not fun for the normal player. Also I hope the nastalgia is enough for you because they refuse to add anything to the game. Where is the Revolution in RSCRevolution? Should be called RscReplica *with minor tweaks.

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

CrohnsKid said:

Maverick2k said:

People use pc or Droid app cloners to run multiple accounts at the same time. There's a handful of players here that each run atleast 5 accounts each and they basically control the wild. I went  to wild to kill KBD the other day and beatdown catches me on my way there and uses 3 accounts to kill me. Makes wild and pking not fun for the normal player. Also I hope the nastalgia is enough for you because they refuse to add anything to the game. Where is the Revolution in RSCRevolution? Should be called RscReplica *with minor tweaks.

I've heard this a lot in just the first 48 hours of being here.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Si2DE4H.png[/img]

Player avatar

Tempchar69 Send PM

Sisco84 said:

CrohnsKid said:

Maverick2k said:

We are more than happy to add stuff if it's wanted by the players. Don't feel you cant add ideas/suggestions.
We always want to know what you guys think.

Here to help.

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

Mod Diafol said:

Sisco84 said:

CrohnsKid said:

We are more than happy to add stuff if it's wanted by the players. Don't feel you cant add ideas/suggestions.

Well its pretty obvious that 3-4 players who have been on this server for a long time are ruining the experience for everyone else. How the hell am I as a new player, supposed to compete with someone that comes after me with 5 maxed characters at once? The general and pking channel is 80% people complaining about multi-logging in wilderness. That should set off some alarm bells..

Edit:
I've played on all the rscrevolution private servers that matter, ever since Reines RSCD and up till now and I've never experienced this *multi-logging' problem before.

Last edited by Mainframe (21 Oct 2016 19:44)

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

Mod Diafol said:

Sisco84 said:

CrohnsKid said:

Maybe you should visit the suggestions thread more often

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Crohns I respect where you're coming from, but no reason to chastise the volunteer mods (who aren't the developer) and derail his intro. We had a character parking solution but it was poorly received and so was removed. We have been discussing this problem lately and will come up with another solution that hopefully pleases you!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

Mod Diafol said:

Sisco84 said:

CrohnsKid said:

Wow you do care? Then why is the pet poll still on the main page for months now with Cleary way more yes votes than no? I mean, does nom, even know how to code? Cuz I have a offline server I play around with to teach myself some coding while I'm on medical  break from school, and within 2 weeks I have created a working slayer skill that utilizes existing training areas and added some new npc's and items using existing models and sprites, just edited their color and shit. I have d2h, dchain, dlegs. I have added agility shortcuts around the map and some other shit. What has nom done in 2 weeks. Shit in the 2 months I been here there has been 3 or 4 times the server was down. I'm surprised he has been able to keep it up for over 2 weeks.

I like this server, I see so much potential. To see what the future holds, we look to see what is in the past. And I don't see any "revolution". Like I said. Just replica and minor tweaks.

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

CrohnsKid said:

Mod Diafol said:

Sisco84 said:

Wow you do care? Then why is the pet poll still on the main page for months now with Cleary way more yes votes than no? I mean, does nom, even know how to code? Cuz I have a offline server I play around with to teach myself some coding while I'm on medical  break from school, and within 2 weeks I have created a working slayer skill that utilizes existing training areas and added some new npc's and items using existing models and sprites, just edited their color and shit. I have d2h, dchain, dlegs. I have added agility shortcuts around the map and some other shit. What has nom done in 2 weeks. Shit in the 2 months I been here there has been 3 or 4 times the server was down. I'm surprised he has been able to keep it up for over 2 weeks.

I like this server, I see so much potential. To see what the future holds, we look to see what is in the past. And I don't see any "revolution". Like I said. Just replica and minor tweaks.

N0m know how to code? hes one of top 5 RSC coders, hes been in this for 7+years coding for RSC, hes very skilled.
It is easier said than done to add new content. And afterall , this is still RSClassic, but we are and will try to expand it somehow. To make end-game content and other things for the players to do. Don't think we ain't trying to do everything for you guys.. But we can't please everyone, even if we want to.. It is a long task and now n0m is quite working by himself it is ALOT for him to do. Be patient and bare with us. We're trying our best to make it like a heaven for everyone.

Thanks for your input.

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

I suggest a mod to take down my comments and the comments that are replied to mine so the poor guy can have his thread back.

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

CrohnsKid said:

I suggest a mod to take down my comments and the comments that are replied to mine so the poor guy can have his thread back.

Cristism is always good, thats what we need to hear. Nothing to delete? Why if so?
Love u chron

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]