Wilderness Drop Party Feedback

Player avatar

PurgeGaming Send PM

During today's Wilderness Drop Party I noticed a few problems that have fairly easy solutions.

Firstly, the arena was too small. It was hard to find a spot that you could actually walk to with everyone so packed together. This is easily fixed by simply choosing a larger arena during the next event.

Secondly, there were some people camping banks, which made it difficult to get to the banks without fighting and potentially dying. I understand that the potential to die is part of the fun, but the campers can get a bit annoying. This can be fixed by putting the bank in a safe spot. I do not know how you could add a safe spot in the wilderness, but if there is a way to that would be nice.

Thirdly, it is difficult to pick up items from an android. I had been standing directly on a gold sub card near the end of the event, but as I tapped the card it instead went to attack a nearby player. I know this can be fixed by using the one-button mode, but often times having to press two times on a low framerate can make you lose the chance at an item just as easily. A solution to this is adding an option in the options menu to make attacking not the default action on two button mode and insteaf have you hold a tap and press attack to attack a player. I feel like this would be better since you only get a limited time to pick up the items but a lot longer to attack players.

Thank you for listening to my feedback, I hope you can implement some of these ideas for the next wilderness part.

Bonus idea: A level 3 event in which players fight in a large portion of the wilderness, starting with no items. Items are dropped randomly throughout the arena. The last person alive gets a prize, and once only a few people are left they are tped to the same arena we used for the dp to fight.

Player avatar

PurgeGaming Send PM

beatdown said:

Stfu.

If you are going to provide critiscm on my ideas, please make it constructive. Also, I have taken proper measures and posted my thoughts here, the section where they are supposrd to go. If you honestly think my ideas are bad, please tell me why. If you are just joining in on the complaints about me "Complaining about free stuff" (Which I gave over 250k worth of items of) then I would just like to ask you to stop and find something better to do with your own time.

Player avatar

PolarBear Send PM

subscriber

This was the first wilderness drop party of it's kind, all level 3's! Considering this is the first time it was done in this manner, I think it went considerably well.

Typically, it's an all-out war with various levels and skill-sets. One of the most fun and fair wilderness drop parties, everyone is level 3 and were limited to the type of items and combat that is available, making it fair but also tactically challenging.

As far as the volume of players in that area, I believe it had to do with the cash-load of items donated for the party and the fact that it was a uniquely new type of wilderness drop party. Hopefully, this will become a more frequent event.

Responding to your suggestions, I would like to say that the area is the typical spot for this type of event and many others such as level 3 death-match last-man-standing.

It was crowded, but just note that a lot of people found this new event idea very intriguing and almost all of us participated.

Strategy is KEY in any type of all-out war situation. I applaud the people clever enough to camp the banks. This was the wilderness, in any other situation the same tactics are used. In the wilderness people WILL take advantage of strategic attacks. Cutting you off, chasing you and even teaming-up.

If you were to die before banking, there is just a good of chance the attacker would have a disadvantage in the same respect. They can also be killed before looting your items, giving an opportunity to who-ever was clever enough to attack them following your death. We should be so lucky to even have a bank for such an epic drop event such as this one.

Many advantages you could of taken as well, if you were to make it into a bank. Such as restocking of food and supplies.

2cr7vr5.png

Again, any other time you are in the wilderness the rules are the same. You are more likely to attack, or be attacked before you can grab the loot. This has always been an aspect of RSC and doubt these rules-of-engagement will change for a 1st time, new event.

For example, a player or monster that is the same-level as you will be the first option on the list.

2m6750p.png

Aggressive monsters and higher-level players will have YOU as their priority, giving them an obvious advantage to attack you. Even though you can select the item first, they have the opportunity to attack you before looting or just scroll down to the items. Essentially, a level 3 would be able to pick the item up faster than a level 100. For the event and being all level 3, attack was the first on the list.  These game-mechanics have always been apart of RSC.

28uq94.png

If you're unfamiliar with using the android client, take a moment to check your settings. You can go to the 'wrench' tab which shows the game options and click on 'settings interface' to view the available options for android usage.

2m7ssw1.png

Also, with two button selected as your usage you can hold down and select the item over a player. No need to click the same spot if you know that the player will come first. Again, these are the typical rules-of-engagement for the wilderness and RSC since the dawn of time.

There are options in the 'settings interface' to choose a delay for right clicking or even to disable that delay that is typically enabled. (Hold and choose) which shown below that option has different delay timers for how long the list is shown when selecting items or players on the screen.

wasfpw.png

Personally, I like to have it disabled completely and the list will stay there until i click something on the list or simply another part of the screen.

2im01ds.png

You can view this link that displays information on how to use the android client, also there is an instructive video that you may watch.

http://www.rscrevolution.com/download.p … oid_Client

The last suggestion you had I really liked, having the same level-3 event in a larger area with items spawns is a great idea!

PurgeGaming said:

Bonus idea: A level 3 event in which players fight in a large portion of the wilderness, starting with no items. Items are dropped randomly throughout the arena. The last person alive gets a prize, and once only a few people are left they are tped to the same arena we used for the dp to fight.

Everyone starting as a level 3 and have to run around with no items, looking for randomly spawned low-level items to battle each other with. The last-man-standing would win the event. I would definitely support your idea for some-type of event like that if you were to post a NEW thread in the suggestions and feedback, explaining what the event would be like and how it would be played. I have an idea of what you were suggesting and I would love to see something like that in the future.

Last edited by PolarBear (8 Oct 2016 03:00)

Player avatar

PurgeGaming Send PM

Thanks for the reply! My main problem with using the two-button mode or hold and choose are that, with the large amount of people in such a small area, it can take so long due to low fps that the item is already gone before you even can select an option. I would like to pick up the iten with only one tap so I have a chance if getting it. I don't know the real cause of the issue, but me tapping on something I was directly on top of should not have made me attack someone 3 spaces away. It kind of makes me feel cheates out of a prize when that happens.

I will be making a thread on my event idea. I will look into it a bit more to find a good list of dropped items as well as a good location for the event to take place beforehand, though, so I can make the idea as appealing as possible.