Mighty Red Dragon & New Items

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

I've seen a lot of great suggestions from you Cub, and this one is the best yet. Love it!

As far as introducing new max hits and armor into the wilderness.....let's stop living in the past and try something new. Yes, I agree that if something is completely overkill it would ruin the wilderness, but what has been suggested here does not. Not at all. Potentially, it could make PKing much more exciting and worthwhile if done right, which is very easy to do. Here's a list of ideas, one or several could be implemented to keep the Dragon Fire weaps from being too overused  thus upsetting PKers:

- First and foremost, obviously, the Dragon Fire drop should be extremely rare. This will ensure that not every last PKer can easily obtain one.

- Certain Combat/Skill requirements could be set into place to wield said weapon. Let's say people with 60 1 99 - 99 1 99 get ahold of these weapons and they're deemed too powerful; simply add a reasonable defense requirement and the higher level pkers can still benefit from it. If this isn't enough you can always add non-combat skills and make people earn the right to use the best weapons in the game.

- If all else fails, you can always nerf the shop value of these enhanced weapons, thus a skulled player will lose it upon death. Combined with an extremely low drop rate (Thus resulting in VERY expensive weapons) only the most elite will risk such an expensive item...and they'll have a hell of a target over their head.

As far as the full set of dragon armor goes, I don't see it causing any problems. A full set would be extremely expensive, (20-40M?) and if someone is willing to risk so much they deserve an edge over the other PKers anyway. As it is med and sq are available but almost no one uses them, and no one is bitching about them being there.

Stronger P2P weapons and a full set of dragon armor needs to happen eventually.  Done right, it will add a lot of diversity and potential reward to p2p pking. Remember, we can always try things out on the test server to make sure nothing is too overpowered....

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

Another update for skills/questers...

#neversatisfied

Last edited by B U B B A (6 Apr 2016 21:42)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

B U B B A said:

#neversatisfied

Fran I've suggested PK related things before all they do is get -1 to hell....address the people who keep -1ing my PK content

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Could you create all 16 angles for the new created items? I'd like to see how it turns out.

maybe for the kite aswell and display the sprite, i really have no idea why RSC never displayed the "dragon sprite" on the dragon shield. That would be a huge addition in my opinion.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Could you create all 16 angles for the new created items? I'd like to see how it turns out.

maybe for the kite aswell and display the sprite, i really have no idea why RSC never displayed the "dragon sprite" on the dragon shield. That would be a huge addition in my opinion.

8 angles for male & 8 angles for female correct? North,South,East,West,NE,NW,SE,SW

*or are you talking about Standing (N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW) + walking + fighting

Last edited by Cub (7 Apr 2016 00:00)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

B U B B A said:

#neversatisfied

This would be an update for both pkers and skillers... not just one or the other. Therefor I think it should be available and just as hard for either to get, whether it be a wilderness dungeon for pkers or high lvl skill quests for skillers. I usually try to place input that leaves things open for the whole community and this update is not limited to either. New armor weps etc would effect members pk time greatly

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

B U B B A said:

#neversatisfied

This would be an update for both pkers and skillers... not just one or the other. Therefor I think it should be available and just as hard for either to get, whether it be a wilderness dungeon for pkers or high lvl skill quests for skillers. I usually try to place input that leaves things open for the whole community and this update is not limited to either. New armor weps etc would effect members pk time greatly

There is no pking happening right now..New armor is not changing shit.

99 percent of rsc is nonwild.

For some reason the wilderness is made for AFK TRAINING ONLY right now..

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Mona Lisa Send PM

subscriber

B U B B A said:

Ghasp said:

B U B B A said:

#neversatisfied

There is no pking happening right now..New armor is not changing shit.

99 percent of rsc is nonwild.

For some reason the wilderness is made for AFK TRAINING ONLY right now..

because the exp rate is low and people cba to train

R.I.P. Patrick aka Hostile

Player avatar

happygoatman Send PM

subscriber

I don't think PVM only for dragonfire is useless or a bad idea, it can generate more kills per hour for farming stuff and it's all around interesting.

Player avatar

Pilgrim Send PM

Cub said:

And what about the people who will leave or wont join the server due to no new content? As Gleu pointed out, people are tired of farming the same npcs, farming the same items. There needs to be something new eventually to keep progressing forward.

Havent played in like a month for this reason lol.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Pilgrim said:

Cub said:

And what about the people who will leave or wont join the server due to no new content? As Gleu pointed out, people are tired of farming the same npcs, farming the same items. There needs to be something new eventually to keep progressing forward.

Havent played in like a month for this reason lol.

I've logged in twice in the last 2 months. Tried to get a few stakes then logged. Tired of farming same boring ass npc's. I'm waiting for clue scrolls before I even bother "playing" again.

Last edited by GLeU (5 Jun 2016 01:25)

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

I haven't been on in awhile myself.

Player avatar

RickSanchez Send PM

subscriber

+1

Focus on science.