Unable to check for updates

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Every time I try to load up the game on my android it tells me "unable to check for updates" and just never loads past that. This was working just the other day, I uninstalled and reinstalled didn't help. Any insight?

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Works with wi-fi fine but not mobile data, there must be a setting somewhere

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Guess no one knows?

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Has no one else had this problem ?

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Not on pc. This  on my android device.

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

It can't be bad service I have full bars of 4g, or my settings because I can surf the net, download stuff and use other apps that require data. I have uninstalled, redownloaded and downloaded again and reinstalled. Must be something with the app.I Need my rsc fix!!!!!

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Well I am getting increasingly frustrated,  really would like to play some rsc

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Still not working,  no one has an idea?

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Go into the app settings and clear the app cache. All the app data without uninstalling and open it again (make sure to clear your recent apps first). What apps do you have running in the background? What version of Android?

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Well I tried that and no luck. I looked at apps running in the background nothing wierd is running and I am running android 4.3 so should be supported. The rsc app plays fine when I am hooked up to wi fi just fine just something about using cell service that gives me problems.

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

OK, I have this same problem when I'm in a crap service spit. Can make calls surff web etc just not play this. I load on wifi then put in background and play later with it already loaded wink

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

If auto-updater fails, you can uninstall the application and download the apk from
http://www.rscrevolution.com/clientCach … lution.apk

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Hey this works!  Only problem is every time I play I have to clear my cache uninstall download the apk again and install,  little bit frustrating

Player avatar

asearyn Send PM

subscriber

Now it won't even work by doing that, I clear my cache uninstall the app download that apk file and reinstall and this used to work now it doesn't. ..This is frustrating.

Player avatar

xOmgxJr Send PM

@Asearyn On android devices the auto updater Fails while on 4g A lot. 9/10 I have to be connected to Wifi for the RSCR. App to Auto-Update. It varies between devices for example My Samsung Galaxy s5 Will fetch updates on 4g. My s6 Will not unless on Wifi.

Player avatar

Saegram Send PM

Hmmmm.. I am having a problem where it stays on "Checking for game-cache updates" myself  and doesn't load. Eventually I get a message that it has stopped responding..