Account got hijacked, bank stripped

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

So I was gone for quite a few days. I don't think I logged on more than a few times for a couple minutes between July 7th and today.

I tried to log on today and found that my mains password was changed. I tried to log in to my forum account to find out that password was changed. Then I tried to recover my forum account to find out that email was even changed.

I want to note about all of this... not one time did I received a SINGLE email confirming changes being made to ANY of this information.

Seems a little sketchy and insecure on your part that someone can log in and change every detail about my account without a single email going to the original account, no?

-------

Anyway, so I got Mod Tru to help me out recovering the account this morning. Then obviously I log in and my entire bank is gone. Is there any way to roll my shit back a few weeks and restore the stuff? Or track down who it was traded to and ban them and restore it that way? I promise you anything done to any character on this forum account in the last month was NOT done by me and can easily be proven that someone else was on my account.

Got this information/IP from the Character Manager history on the forum (that also traces to Houston, TX. Exact same latitude/longitude)
yzGNqE6.png

This IP is NOT mine either.
j4bp98i.png

ipTRACKERonline.com said:

IP Address Quick Report
IP Address: 166.172.121.213
Organization: At&t Wireless
City: Houston
Country of Origin: United States
* For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline

Last edited by meyvn (18 Aug 2016 15:10)

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

Pluto said:

At this time it looks like your account was compromised due to using the same password you used elsewhere.

So... nothing can be done about my items even though you know what is going on, what was done, who did it, and how they did it?

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

The only thing I have to say about the situation right now involving myself and others is this:

Customer retention is more related to how simple issues such as these are dealt with, rather than the initial quality of the product or service provided.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

meyvn said:

The only thing I have to say about the situation right now involving myself and others is this:

Customer retention is more related to how simple issues such as these are dealt with, rather than the initial quality of the product or service provided.

You fucked up. Learn2remembermorethen1password.

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

It's not about who is at fault.

Think about it this way.

When you go into a restaurant and buy a meal you get a drink, too. Now your drink costs next to nothing for them to provide, yet they still charge you for it. If I spill that drink, even if it was my own dumb ass fault and I dumped it down the front of my fancy dress shirt, they will still refill my drink for free because it costs them nothing.

Now I have peace of mind that this restaurant wants to look out for me and likes to have me as a customer even if I'm a dumb ass who can't hold a drink glass... I'm gonna come back again and buy another meal.

But if the wait staff laughs in my face (I don't care if you laugh behind closed doors) then guess which restaurant I'm never paying for a meal at again?

So I purchased a meal from you (plat + gold sub). I spilled the drink (my account password). You watched me do it (saw my post, investigated the issue). You are positive that I spilled it (you're aware that someone got some passwords and did some things). And now I'm asking for a refill (just roll my shit back a few weeks) that costs you virtually nothing. And with your replies you're basically telling me to go fuck myself and that you don't want my money anymore. And that's fine.

This is a small community. I would have thought you would like to keep what few people are giving you money around as much as you could, especially if it was something as simple as restoring some items when you KNOW what happened and that my account was compromised. This isn't real rscrevolution. You're not dealing with tens of thousands of these claims per week.

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

meyvn said:

You fucked up. Learn2remembermorethen1password.

Why the fuck do you show up in every post I make? Do you have nothing better to do than stalk me from your basement? And I have several variations of several different passwords I use, thanks.

Player avatar

xxKDxx Send PM

subscriber

What is the loss we talking about? In a perfect world you would get refund of your items.. but the world is far from perfect..

K O D X / K L O J A

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

xxKDxx said:

What is the loss we talking about? In a perfect world you would get refund of your items.. but the world is far from perfect..

Off the top of my head... several thousand bloods/laws/deaths, couple D-squares, one or two meds, I think a d-sword and axe, a few sets of rune, some decent stacks of herbs. Not really a lot to most people, but... my whole bank, lol. All I have left is what runes and gear I had put on my mage tank while I was party training with him.

But I'm not a huge personality on this server, not well-known, not friends with any mods or admins. I don't expect to see any of it back, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

If I don't get any of it back then I am severely less-inclined to purchase subscription cards in the future. If you want things done then you have to speak with your wallet, not a forum post. If I were to buy some combination of plat + gold subs this minor incident could cost them anywhere from $60-180 over the next year for one character alone.

Am I threatening, no, I don't think so. But I really don't think a few software developers have a firm grasp on interactions with customers and how business and marketing actually works. Especially after reading most of the interactions between them and the server population.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

You used the same info on another server the Rsc community is too small  to be using same usernames and passwords

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

You used the same info on another server the Rsc community is too small  to be using same usernames and passwords

What server? Because the only other server I play is [The one that ends in E because apparently this server is located in North Korea] and I didn't use this login there. Even when I botted the other server I didn't use the same information on the bot website. I honestly don't remember where I would have used this information at, so I am curious.

Last edited by meyvn (19 Aug 2016 21:56)

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

meyvn said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

What server? Because the only other server I play is [The one that ends in E because apparently this server is located in North Korea] and I didn't use this login there. Even when I botted the other server I didn't use the same information on the bot website. I honestly don't remember where I would have used this information at, so I am curious.

If they really switch this server to Korea all Americans including myself should boycott till it switches to a Allie country

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

meyvn said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

If they really switch this server to Korea all Americans including myself should boycott till it switches to a Allie country

It was a joke... because I typed out the acronym of the other server I played on and it is apparently a naughty word you can't say here because it got change to "turnip".