Why so many Double XP weekends?

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Are you guys trying to drive in as many players as possible with these x2 XP events, get them to purchase subscriptions ($$$), and then have the game die off? Because that's what is happening.

You ruin the longevity and consistency of a game if you keep running these double XP events. I don't know how many times people have to say it.

Time and time again I hear people saying the same thing -- even a select couple staff. Why?

Last edited by ephrin (24 Apr 2016 15:38)

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

max out then tell me your longevity.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

fear nothing said:

max out then tell me your longevity.

That statement makes no sense and has no relevance.

You're telling me that all MMO's require a player to be completely end-game and 'completetionist' to have a say? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

You do realize most game companies 'game masters' AKA GM's don't even play the game seriously - right?

You're a known troll anyways; I'll leave it at that.

Player avatar

Merxxx Send PM

Im new and don't know how often these are. But I agree that to many of them can ruin the longevity and consistency of the game. With the exp bonus already as high as it is, double that makes it insane. Now on skills like thieving, firemaking, and agility its a Godsend but it still hurts the game. I utilized the demand of resources for certain skills during this event and within 2-3 days i was able to buy the best gear in game, Dragon Medium Helm and Dragon Square Shield. Now all I have no gear to work towards and I basically just started the game.

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Merxxx said:

Im new and don't know how often these are. But I agree that to many of them can ruin the longevity and consistency of the game. With the exp bonus already as high as it is, double that makes it insane. Now on skills like thieving, firemaking, and agility its a Godsend but it still hurts the game. I utilized the demand of resources for certain skills during this event and within 2-3 days i was able to buy the best gear in game, Dragon Medium Helm and Dragon Square Shield. Now all I have no gear to work towards and I basically just started the game.

Exactly, for anyone who is actually PLAYING the game; it's ridiculous gains.

I for one went through it the past few months and that is exactly why I have my stance like this.

Edit: To add -- how often they happen? Too often.

Last edited by ephrin (24 Apr 2016 18:46)

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

ephrin said:

Are you guys trying to drive in as many players as possible with these x2 XP events, get them to purchase subscriptions ($$$), and then have the game die off? Because that's what is happening.

You ruin the longevity and consistency of a game if you keep running these double XP events. I don't know how many times people have to say it.

Time and time again I hear people saying the same thing -- even a select couple staff. Why?

Agree for sure, I only pk now so it does have no benefit for me..however does seem like it's more frequently active..

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Needs more double exp weekends. If you're gunna cry about it then make it just combat double exp weekends so the pkers can actually make accounts faster and make the wild busier.

I'm not even maxed and i've been here for 2 yrs...

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Last double exp event was two and half months ago (Feb 3). Easter doesn't count as double experience event as the amount of double exp eggs was pretty minimal and they only gave you 2 hours of it. For me it doesn't feel like it's happening too frequently.

As for the reason we do it is simply because we want you to achieve the stats you want. Although I'm hoping people would train their PKing characters up so wilderness would be more active and we wouldn't see the same old faces in wild all day.

Player avatar

Jacob2093 Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Last double exp event was two and half months ago (Feb 3). Easter doesn't count as double experience event as the amount of double exp eggs was pretty minimal and they only gave you 2 hours of it. For me it doesn't feel like it's happening too frequently.

As for the reason we do it is simply because we want you to achieve the stats you want. Although I'm hoping people would train their PKing characters up so wilderness would be more active and we wouldn't see the same old faces in wild all day.

n0m we had one in March when you guys released the client update, lol.

Personally I love double xp but I'd rather it be cut back to once every two months as opposed to once every month (I've only been here about two-and-a-half months and there's been three). Alternating between a combat double xp like KizL mentioned and an all-around double xp weekend like we have now would also be cool.

Last edited by Jacob2093 (24 Apr 2016 21:04)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Jacob2093 said:

n0m said:

n0m we had one in March when you guys released the client update, lol.

Personally I love double xp but I'd rather it be cut back to once every two months as opposed to once every month (I've only been here about two-and-a-half months and there's been three). Alternating between a combat double xp like KizL mentioned and an all-around double xp weekend like we have now would also be cool.

Ahh right, my bad. I suppose it's been too frequent then. It felt like we hadn't held one in forever, that's why I suggested it in our staff chat.

The idea of having combat exp weekends is great, in my opinion this weekend should have been one since my intention was to promote PKing.

EDIT: Oh and maybe I should mention for OP that double experience weekends doesn't get us any more subscription sales than any other day.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

My issue with double XP is:

Nobody actually PK's on Double XP

People here get real upset about character parking, multi logging, OP chars yet there's fairly frequent double XP's which in my eyes is a big part of the problem

The player count is inevitably higher on the event then it drops, sometimes quite drastically.

===================

If there was a steady XP rate, there'd be no need for double XP. I'm not complaining about the rates that we have now, fair enough once you've spent 15$ the XP is reasonable however my personal opinion on the health of the server and it being one that lasts for years, less Double XP's, with a meet in-the-middle standard XP rate. Maybe 4 events a year. Christmas, Easter, Halloween and 1 more.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Needs more double exp weekends. If you're gunna cry about it then make it just combat double exp weekends so the pkers can actually make accounts faster and make the wild busier.

I'm not even maxed and i've been here for 2 yrs...

~K!zL

That's because youre lazy.

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

zazo x said:

My issue with double XP is:

Nobody actually PK's on Double XP

People here get real upset about character parking, multi logging, OP chars yet there's fairly frequent double XP's which in my eyes is a big part of the problem

The player count is inevitably higher on the event then it drops, sometimes quite drastically.

===================

If there was a steady XP rate, there'd be no need for double XP. I'm not complaining about the rates that we have now, fair enough once you've spent 15$ the XP is reasonable however my personal opinion on the health of the server and it being one that lasts for years, less Double XP's, with a meet in-the-middle standard XP rate. Maybe 4 events a year. Christmas, Easter, Halloween and 1 more.

B u b b a

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Here's the gist of what I'm saying:

When a baby cries at the grocery store when he wants candy, do you cave in and buy/provide it for them each time? No, you condition them to understand how things work in moderation.

Hasn't really been comparable as of late... Too much XP has been given out.

Also, the comment about the eggs not necessarily counting as double exp because 'not enough players obtained one'. You need to factor in the amount of non-unique characters (someone multi-logging) who obtained them. I guarantee anyone actively killing for them on multiple accounts achieved quite a fair share of their own. (Easily added up to a weekend worth of double XP for them)

It can be candy coated all you want but at the end of the day; however which way you 'deliver' the double XP -- it's being delivered.

Not trying to be an asshole or negative here... Just trying to open some eyes.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I'm not sure if it still works. But with the exp eggs. As long as you didn't log out after popping one. It lasted forever  not sure if that was fixed yet or not.

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

I'm not sure if it still works. But with the exp eggs. As long as you didn't log out after popping one. It lasted forever  not sure if that was fixed yet or not.

Listening to this just gives me software development chills... A pretty massive condition to over-look on a programmatic check.

Edit: I never personally heard about that glitch; would be interesting to know if it was still on-going.

Last edited by ephrin (25 Apr 2016 00:00)