Wildman mode (wilderness iron)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Since I have seen people wanting more players in the wild here is my idea...

Wildman (Wilderness iron type) can not leave wild.
No quest reqs for weps armor
Only can pick up drops from kills or buy from store no trading or dueling.
Would require fishing spots added to wild for food maybe only safe spot for them? They would respawn here also a crate they can get full iron out of once a day and have a store that sells general items i.e. sleeping bag hatchet runes arrows etc. This would have its own wizard with unique teleport spots within wild
High combat xp rates 15x normal 20x Plat gold subbed
Ultimate could be permanently skulled for added difficulty

Last edited by Ghasp (31 Mar 2016 23:23)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Chronic863 Send PM

Its a good idea but I'm sure Fate and n0m have more important priorities at this moment
In the near future I would like to see this implemented, maybe when our player base is higher.

[img]http://i65.tinypic.com/eqdyt.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Wasn't thinking right away but would be nice to see eventually and I bet some pkers would love it

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Imperia Send PM

subscriber

+1

Baltic Alliance Liths Squad

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

It's a cool idea but enough 'seperate-style' game-play additions for now.

Focus needs to go elsewhere, IMO.

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

Mr T again Send PM

subscriber

I like the idea +1

Player avatar

TinkerTank Send PM

subscriber

Cant allow ultimate ironman to pick up items in pvp or ironman. They could be ruined cos i could kill my main for good items then pvp till dead and do it again.

Perhaps only allow ultimates to pick up other ultimates items and ironman can only pick up ironman. This is the only fair way. Ultimates being skulled is no different to normal because if they die accs deleted so no more or less difficult.

For these reasons Sorry -1

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

TinkerTank said:

Cant allow ultimate ironman to pick up items in pvp or ironman. They could be ruined cos i could kill my main for good items then pvp till dead and do it again.

Perhaps only allow ultimates to pick up other ultimates items and ironman can only pick up ironman. This is the only fair way. Ultimates being skulled is no different to normal because if they die accs deleted so no more or less difficult.

For these reasons Sorry -1

This would be separate from regular Ironman mode so needs to be approched as a new account type not taking curent iron into consideration. Call it "Wildman mode" instead.

Transfering items wouldn't matter, yes players would do it but they would be at risk while doing so. I don't think this would effect much as far as this account type goes.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

TinkerTank Send PM

subscriber

If u called it wildman mode and seperated it from ironman then yea that would be hilarious as an extra mode selection in starting island you could go to wild when u leave.

As far as that goes i like it i rovoke -1 and give +1

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Ty for feedback edited to eliminate confusion and I like the new name

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

Yeah -1 on this one xp rates are already nice and high and money is easy to make... personally I would have preferred combat xp rates 6x in order to make great pk accounts harder to achieve and therefor less people with multiple. Also there would be a lot more low lvl ping going on. If you want the game to have more players you need to first fix the game then let the world know we are here. A lot of would be players don't know we exist.

http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 939#p49939

I suggested something similar but called PK accounts. You've pretty much toned down the max xp rate & locked people within the wilderness, can they even bank?

since they cant trade, this wont even raise the demand for more resources that skillers make.

Last edited by Cub (1 Apr 2016 00:11)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

Ghasp said:

Yeah -1 on this one xp rates are already nice and high and money is easy to make... personally I would have preferred combat xp rates 6x in order to make great pk accounts harder to achieve and therefor less people with multiple. Also there would be a lot more low lvl ping going on. If you want the game to have more players you need to first fix the game then let the world know we are here. A lot of would be players don't know we exist.

http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 939#p49939

I suggested something similar but called PK accounts. You've pretty much toned down the max xp rate & locked people within the wilderness, can they even bank?

since they cant trade, this wont even raise the demand for more resources that skillers make.

I see some similarities but also very very different. I had forgotten about your post though thank you for the reminder. The xp rates I propose are lower than double xp rates, there are still all skills available, it just means having to do everything with the risk of death. There would need to be some changes made to the wild though to make sure all skills could be trained. I would love any constructive feedback you have as I do think you at least put thought into things even though I may or may not agree with them.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

With your suggestion we would see no increase demand for skillers & resources, this server has a ton of resources in bulk stock now we just need more pkers to buy those resources

Your reward system is not very...rewarding. I see no mention on being able to bank or a reason to even create such an account, other than higher xp rates & no quest requirements for items.

The 15x rate is one 1x rate being below double xp weekends and 20xp rate subbed is decently high, This would be your biggest negative response, as in my topic people felt that this new update would replace current pker accounts and lack of grinding would take the value out of the game & lessen the value of current pk accounts.

Cub said:

I still oppose to this ideology but the majority have spoken in the PK account topic that any higher xp rate is bogus and indeed....you yourself were even quoted that the xp rate was too high and I included 10x & 20x as possible options.

I since learned from my topic that at this moment in time the RSCRevolution Pking community does NOT want a method of which higher xp rates are rewarded.

I think there are problems that make pking not very fun at the moment (account parking, massive teaming, etc) that need to be addressed.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

I was thinking that perhaps the extra challenge of being able to brag about doing everything in the wild (settling once and for all who best pkers are) plus some unique teleport spots combined with a slightly higher xp rate but not to the extreme would be enticing. A bank would of course need to be added.

As for stockpiles of items the economy is very interesting to me here. Prices seem extremely high for the over abundance of items yet money for these items is easy to come by. I think there are a few things at play here 1 multi logging so I can harvest materials on 4 or more characters at once to pool rss for 1 char without extra cost makes one not need to buy those materials. Perhaps if we enforced no multi logging and cut way back on npc rss drops this would increase demand for rss. I know with my Ironman I got enough silver certs from fire giants to get to 80 without having to mine at all.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

The best pker argument has been going on for the last 15 years, an update to make you do everything in the wild isn't going to solve that.

Yes you can multilog true, I believe the drop table that was updated for high level monsters put skillers at a disadvantage. Why should some one who spends 2 hours at fire giant get more nature runes than someone who thieves the nature chests in ardy for 2 hours?

There is a ton of content that needs to be updated (with nature rune chests being one of them).

Maybe a giant list can be compiled that would benefit skillers.

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

Cub said:

The best pker argument has been going on for the last 15 years, an update to make you do everything in the wild isn't going to solve that.

Yes you can multilog true, I believe the drop table that was updated for high level monsters put skillers at a disadvantage. Why should some one who spends 2 hours at fire giant get more nature runes than someone who thieves the nature chests in ardy for 2 hours?

There is a ton of content that needs to be updated (with nature rune chests being one of them).

Maybe a giant list can be compiled that would benefit skillers.

I know the staff are constantly working on things like these, but it could be really nice to see from the player's perspective a list of suggestions for skillers and a list for pkers.

Keep up good work guys and remember that there are no bad suggestions. You never know what an idea may become someday. smile

-Jax