PvP Event days suggestion to Mods/Community

Player avatar

Kagekure Send PM

subscriber

Hey Guys!

Okay so longgggg plan/story short here's an idea I was discussing with other members in-game:

Low level pking was wildly popular in original rsc because it was easy to get into, cheap, and tonnnns of fun with lots of variety in character builds. I realize that in original rsc there were many more players and exp/rates rewards were far more scarce. However, I still think we could make this a thing in rscr.

So here's my idea and its totally up to change/tweaking:

I suggest we make a forum thread stating which day(s) a pvp bracket will be most active. So for example, we could say all day Thursday will be official level 28-34 pking in edgeville wildy (or anywhere else). This way, people interested in that level range of pvp (primarily 33) would know when and where to show up online to have the largest group of pkers available. I say this because I think part of the reason low level pking (and other levels of pking) doesn't happen is because players do not know when the most active time for that level range will be. I know for a fact that there are at least 15-20 pkers that have level 33 pk chars trained and ready to go, but we can never just seem to all get online at the same time (because we never know when other's just so happen to be pking at that level at that time during the day.

So that's where my idea comes in. Through forums and moderator help, we can set a day or time that players can sort of agree to show up if they're interested in pking at that level. I personally think that this could be very succesful and produce at least a small turn out of 8-12 players.. which would still be enough to have a good lil pk session. I think this could be implemented for other level ranges too! Like, we could have a day or two for primarily flats pking and another for 40-50 pking and so on.

That's it my friends, just my 2 cents and a lil idea that I think might spark a new breed of pking in rscr. Who knows, it could totally flop and not work out.. But hey, why not try it anyway?? There's nothing to lose here and best case scenario we get to enjoy an underrated and very nostalgic type of pking.

Oh and one more idea I'll mention before I end......

Maybe a separate pk ladder for lower levels? Especially if the previous idea was implemented, We could set up a highscores ladder just for kill/death ratios on low level pk accounts. These could just be there for bragging rights/incentive to pk more.. or they could even be a way to figure out top pkers for a set week and maybe even give rewards out based on pker's performance that week!

I'd like to hear what you guys think and any more suggestions/feedback!

-Kage

Last edited by Kagekure (20 Mar 2016 02:10)

Player avatar

Johnny420 Send PM

subscriber

I agree with the lower level pk idea. People cant pk unless they train a lot. That would fix it to where they could pk too and also reap rewards.

[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/25rfqc9.gif[/img]

Player avatar

shrekenator Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

Awesome idea

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

+1 Great suggestion, pking needs a revival and I've been thinking of doing something along these lines.

Player avatar

Kagekure Send PM

subscriber

I'm happy to see Jax's events did well and I hope to see more like it. What took place this saturday was a great start!!!

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

+1

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

+1 I don't pk however it sounds like good idea

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.