Small Pking event - Tournaments

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

It's short notice but, tomorrow morning I will create a thread to announce some small pk events and tournament this weekend.
(I should do this in the Event's thread, that is right?)

My plan goes something like this:

Saturday morning - Lvl 33 Edge pking
Lvl 33 tournaments to follow
Saturday night - Flats tournament

Sunday morning - Lvl 54-62 Edge pking (Levels to be verified)
Lvl 54-62 tournament to follow
Capture the Flag - All levels

Capture the flag: After pitching some ideas around, I like the idea of either holding the event in the long path in front of Mage bank, or at the co-ords: 69, 369
Idea: 2 Bases, 2 flags (unique unusable items), 2 refs
There is 1 ref on each side that must maintain 2-3 flags on the ground at all times. He will also pick up any enemy flags that have been deposited at his feet.
Refs cannot be attacked.
Players will try to collect 3-7 flags first.

I would need some help Sunday night in order to manage it the best possible. We can try to avoid cheating as much as possible, for example having one person keep track of teams and death logs. But, the point is to just have some fun that everyone can get involved in. smile

Any ideas or suggestions to add would be very much welcome.
Please keep in mind that the official thread will be posted early tomorrow, but I'm not shy to add in any late suggestions either.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and hope to see most of you there this weekend!
Best,
-Ajax

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Everything sounds great. I recommend providing as many time zones as possible when you announce.

For the tournaments, the arena you mentioned for CTF is closed off and enforces 1 v 1 PK mechanics. So you could do ::setevent 60 360 33 33 (for 33s only at the low lvl wildy arena) or ::setevent 60 360 54 62 for your 54-62s. And ::stopevent so they can't return after death ofc.

Like you I would love to see CTF get pulled off so I'll try to find issues with it. We're talking about a new game-mode so there are lots of problems that could arise, some expected most unexpected. Some thoughts that occur are:
How much of a chance people have to catch other people (how much PKing vs racing around collecting items)?
Will people camping the base be a problem?
It takes 60 seconds for a dropped item to appear rather than the score being changed instantly. Maybe it's better to have them trade the ref/mod?
With no combat restrictions, it could be sheep to the slaughter by flats. Or some low level scouts score the points and the PKing is irrelevant?

Really excited to check out the events, and again welcome to the team dude!

Last edited by Billy (18 Mar 2016 11:05)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

Thanks for your input Billy, really appreciate it!
Some thoughts after reading your reply:

1: What about a point system? It can be 1 death only (cannot return); capturing the flag is worth 2-3 points, killing a person is 1 point.
This would require someone checking death logs.
Or;
-What about "flag-bearers"?  Flag-bearers must run around in their own base carrying the flag. You must go and kill the enemy flag-bearer and bring the flag back to the "ref" on your own side, through trade.
(So refs would be to receive flags and referee, flag-bearers would simply run around, preferably as a giant red chicken or something, in their own base with only a flag in their inventory)

2: I don't think camping the base should be a problem, as long as everyone doesn't do it. The teams would have to be split as evenly as possible, and then they would get 10-15 minutes to discuss strategy with their teammates, refs, and flag-bearers. I am worried about everyone just dying and not having a chance to really get some flags, but letting players come back would mean having team capes available on spot, as well as needing someone to keep track of teams.

3: Flats will definitely be the powerful ones, but seeing as even a lvl 3 could potentially help as well, I thought it would be nice to include everyone. Do you think it would be necessary to set some rules? Like, only a certain amount of people allowed in the "home base" (small area), after a certain amount of time the ref will "force" players out of the area? Just some ideas, let me know what you think can be done to build on that.

4: I am supposing after all, we should have a minimum level, of let's say 40-50? This would mostly be to prevent people from joining on many low level accounts to get more "rewards". Or should we just strictly have a NO multi-log rule and check the IP's after the teams are split up?

5: For prizes I was thinking of giving 500k to each player on the winning team, or doing a VIP drop party for only these people. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

I'm sure there will be some bugs and things that we didn't think about, but in the end it's just about trying new things and having fun which, I'm sure everyone will.
Once again, thanks for any input you guys can offer in this short amount of time.