Proposal to admins/staff: PK/Advertisement related

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Hi

This is awesome. A large percentage of the playerbase here plays android, this might convince some people who haven't tried it to try it out and this video itself is a great form of advertisement to someone who's never played RSCR before. To cut the story short, I think a pk video contest should be held, one for android, one for PC. I think as a start, that video should be on the Facebook page and Reddit, then build towards a deadline date of 4-6 weeks time, gives plenty of people plenty of time to gather clips and edit a video together, I've noticed there's a lot of keen video makers here and it could end up being a epic contest with a lot of entries.

I feel this combined with the advertising campaign Fate or N0m was speaking about running (2000$ I read in a post somewhere), will undeniably bring fresh faces and a lot more activity to the wilderness and the game overall.

Anyone agree?

Last edited by zazo x (13 Mar 2016 04:15)

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

+1

#ambestdroid

#ambestdroid

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

ANDORID CASTING = AUTOOOOOO sad

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

I thought the android is different now? no more tap to cast?

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

Mod Tru said:

ANDORID CASTING = AUTOOOOOO sad

Lol if u could only see how many times i overcast. Sometimes i overcast x2 before timer lol. Tbh i think i prefer pc casting bc of that fact

#ambestdroid

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

I thought the android is different now? no more tap to cast?

As long as ive been playing rev its always been tap to cast. And I've always played from droid

#ambestdroid

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

I've heard the raw file of his screen being recorded and him smashing his chubby little fingers on the tap to cast button and wrecking friends, nobody is cheating.

Can we get back on topic??? Can I get some +1's or criticism for the idea? Thanks

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Great idea +1

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Good stuff!!!

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

Maybe if we could collect some donations for winners? Maybe like some pk supplies or something? Idk.. Just a thought

#ambestdroid

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

My guess is, admins have seen this, don't necessarily think it's a bad idea but they're sticking to what they said about ''bugs come first!! must fix the bugs.'' from this update which just seems to be never ending.

And no disrespect intended to anyone with this comment, it shouldn't be down to us players to gather donations - this is an idea/suggestion for an event where potentially 20 people could enter (maybe more.... Who knows.... Most the playerbase play Android, Luigi proved how easy it is to make Android PK vids.....), each of them making a YouTube video, those videos between them gaining thousands and thousands of views, the potential for reaching out to new players via this competition is huge here - if the admin's can't see the potential in it and aren't willing to donate to the prize-pool, I don't think the competition would be worth running. Staff should be working with the players on things like this but like I said if they're ignoring it because they're busy with bugs that's fair enough.

Last edited by zazo x (16 Mar 2016 12:38)

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

256 views damn.

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

I do think its a great idea that really has a lot of potential. It would be a definite win/win scenario, and of course they're should be prizes!
I am at work at the moment but this is a really nice idea, Ill make sure to bring it up with some of the other staff and find out what is/isn't possible.

Unless some players would like to donate of their own accord, I wouldnt stress over that part too much.

Negative or positive feedback, I really appreciate what you are trying to do zazo. You can be sure that all of your suggestions are being read, busy or not. smile
Keep it up!