AH Tax

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

See this mentioned all the time on the OSRS subreddit. Could it help curb rampant inflation?

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

This has been brought up , and might be added later on.

Im all +1 to this, could also have the TAX'es to be donated for events/partys we in staff could use.

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

Torn on this.  A tax or an algorithm (like the G.E.)  to make sure prices don't inflate or deflate rapidly and to set minimums/maximums based on supply and demand (with limits.)  It gets tiring seeing things like snape grass go for as much as 5K.  People shouldn't have to pay obscene amounts for minor convenience.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

the point of AH is so I don't need to spam 1000x times in chat. and might be able to sell things to players I normally dont interact with because of playing schedules. We should not be punished for it.

Something too expensive? Don't buy it.
Request to buy thing in all chat instead

Snosaven24 said:

Torn on this.  A tax or an algorithm (like the G.E.)  to make sure prices don't inflate or deflate rapidly and to set minimums/maximums based on supply and demand (with limits.)  It gets tiring seeing things like snape grass go for as much as 5K.  People shouldn't have to pay obscene amounts for minor convenience.

Absolutely not, the rscrevolution GE sucks donkey balls. When it first came out I thought it was going to be an auction house, and learned of its terrible price decision on the economy.

Don't want to pay 5k per snape grass? Collect it before double exp starts. Rich enough to afford 5k snape grass? Help the new guys who just started and pay them 500k for 100 snape grass so they can get a set of full rune etc.

Last edited by runeknight95 (9 Feb 2016 23:21)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

quote runeknight95]-1

the point of AH is so I don't need to spam 1000x times in chat. and might be able to sell things to players I normally dont interact with because of playing schedules. We should not be punished for it.

Exactly, you're paying for the convenience.

don't see how this has anything to do with AH.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

eviluim said:

quote runeknight95]-1

Someone complained of the prices being too high. Oh it was you. Ask in chat don't use AH if you don't like the price.

I should not have to pay my hard earned geeps for "convenience" its fine as is.

I enjoy playing the game, not spamming chat. Thus more time is spent playing the game because the AH is available for free.
As soon as some lame tax is implemented , its back to spamming chat to sell things for me.

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

runeknight95 said:

Snosaven24 said:

Absolutely not, the rscrevolution GE sucks donkey balls. When it first came out I thought it was going to be an auction house, and learned of its terrible price decision on the economy.

Don't want to pay 5k per snape grass? Collect it before double exp starts. Rich enough to afford 5k snape grass? Help the new guys who just started and pay them 500k for 100 snape grass so they can get a set of full rune etc.

How can you collect, mine, etc., when multiple accounts are doing the same thing, preventing you from doing it?

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Snosaven24 said:

runeknight95 said:

Snosaven24 said:

How can you collect, mine, etc., when multiple accounts are doing the same thing, preventing you from doing it?

Price of tea in china.... you're saying you cant collect or mine because other people are doing it so add a tax....? Conversation is going no where.

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

I'm not even for a tax, just some market control.  Free market capitalism never has and never will be a success.

Player avatar

manowar Send PM

subscriber

Snosaven24 said:

Free market capitalism never has and never will be a success.

You're a great guy Sno but I can't believe what I am reading. Free market capitalism is the most successful economical system to date.

This really isn't related to my previous comment but I am opposed to an auction house tax unless the laws of economics eventually demand it.

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

runeknight95 said:

eviluim said:

quote runeknight95]-1

Someone complained of the prices being too high. Oh it was you. Ask in chat don't use AH if you don't like the price.

I should not have to pay my hard earned geeps for "convenience" its fine as is.

I enjoy playing the game, not spamming chat. Thus more time is spent playing the game because the AH is available for free.
As soon as some lame tax is implemented , its back to spamming chat to sell things for me.

Im sorry, when did I complain about prices being too high? I don't use AH, or really even buy items from other players, so I wouldn't complain about that.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Snosaven24 said:

I'm not even for a tax, just some market control.  Free market capitalism never has and never will be a success.

It's true vote BERNIE SANDERS! 2016!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

-1 (changed my mind)

Players would just end up making "under the table" deals and setting up buyers outside the AH to avoid the taxes
The British Empire tried to tax their Colonists over seas, and look where that got 'em! big_smile

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

Roxy Rose said:

-1 (changed my mind)

Players would just end up making "under the table" deals and setting up buyers outside the AH to avoid the taxes
The British Empire tried to tax their Colonists over seas, and look where that got 'em! big_smile

Think of it as a convenience fee rather than a tax

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

eviluim said:

Roxy Rose said:

-1 (changed my mind)

Think of it as a convenience fee rather than a tax

I suppose you could call it that, but will everyone else see it that way?
I feel like players would still make an effort to avoid paying extra if they don't have to
That, or players may starting demanding more money in the AH to pay for the tax/fee - and if enough people do that, then what choice will the market have but to either make dealings outside the AH, or increase the price of everything to counter it.

It's not necessarily a bad idea, I just don't know if it will work sad

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

smack u Send PM

subscriber

I for one, would do 'under the table' deals as to avoid paying extra fees/tax. Anything I did list on AH would get priced bumped to compensate for the tax. I think it would kinda ruin the added business/fun of AH altogether. There's plenty of gpees being wasted to go to events or tax collectors if that's the case. Start taking the edgeville teleport money for events or something.

Player avatar

Ilike2fish Send PM

subscriber

Snosaven24 said: