Betting/Ranking System for Staking

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

This is a cool idea brought up by myself and a few other players (credited at the bottom of this post, sorry if others contributed and I missed it.)

Much like the K/D Ratio on the high scores for PKing, I think we ought to have a ranking system for stakers on the high scores as well.  Also, to up the ante (pun absolutely intended,) I'd like to see a betting system put into place.

Outline of Staking System:

• Ranking System:
In addition to the Victories/Losses, named ranks would be a good addition.  These could be anything from "amateur" to "gold glove" or anything we can think of really.  This will also give betters a more confident choice when putting their money on the line.

• Scheduled Stakes:
For those who wish to participate in a ranked stake, they will be prompted to schedule it.  This way, no one misses a chance to place a bet.  5 minutes to half an hour should be sufficient enough for people to make a decision about their bets.  For scheduling, there could be an option in the duel screen to "Schedule" and options such as 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. minutes that the two parties can agree on.  When that is done, a message is sent out globally.  To prevent additional global spam, I also propose an option in the Wrench menu for disabling staking announcements.  I'd guess a time cap of an hour would be a good idea so people aren't waiting around for hours for a stake to commence.

• The Pot & Winnings:
The pot will be set up much like the AH, with an option to place or remove a bet on a specific scheduled stake.  Within a few minutes of the stake (1 or 2,) there will be a "last call" to place or remove bets.  This prevents people from losing their GP if they wish to withdraw from the pot.
The winnings will be split up evenly among all players who placed bets on the winning staker.  In addition, the winning staker will receive a small percentage of the pot (something like 5%.)  This gives even more incentive for players to stake.

• Rundown of System:
-Betting system addition to AH, or a separate NPC in the AH building.
-A scheduling option added to the dueling screen.  Upon scheduling, a global message is sent out, with a player option in the Wrench menu to disable/enable it.
-Small percentage is given to the winning staker.  Remaining pot amount is automatically split between winning betters.

Contributions:
Snosaven24
Canabisativa
Madboxing1
Hotlava
and other players probably because I have a terrible sense of awareness.

EDIT:
Afterthoughts:
Bet minimum.  To prevent people from betting 1GP and then reaping a much larger reward.  The minimum amount should be high enough to ward off those who wish to play the system, but low enough to be an option for as many players as possible.

Last edited by Snosaven24 (4 Feb 2016 02:49)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Great idea!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

Love this idea. I think the best way to get the fight to "Queue" up per say is for the two fighters to "Weigh in" 120 seconds prior to fight to ensure they still meet the requirements of the fight (lvl 3, flats, lvl range requirement) whatever it may be set to prior to the fight announcement, this would then put them into the arena bank area where they have that time to prepare whatever they need to prepare prior to fight, no access to anything to ensure no lvling up is done, disable all magic and teleports. Timer hits transport to arena for all to see 10 second countdown, *double check make sure no one cheated on stats or requirements" and then the fight ensues. I would also note that if a player is noted to be altered prior to the match or found trying to cheap that he auto lose, bids are lost , etc.

The only issue i see happening is people losing on purpose by not potting vs a potter, or not praying, etc. and betting against themselves for the extra cash and to rig the fights, but it all depends on how the betting system is set up.

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

If a staker shares your IP, you wouldn't be able to place any bets.  That seems like it'd solve the problem.

Player avatar

HOTLAVA Send PM

subscriber

I didnt get credits sad

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

HOTLAVA said:

I didnt get credits sad

Added

Player avatar

OxiClean Send PM

subscriber

Here's what makes this idea so good: everyone with gp can place bets, so you don't need to be rich to see some action in the staking game.

=========
Billy Mays' Quest Reviews[img]http://i.imgur.com/VD3epZ6.png[/img]

Player avatar

punKrockeR Send PM

subscriber

Epic idea.

"I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, & also ruled I will not be!"

— John Henry Mackay

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

Snosaven24 said:

If a staker shares your IP, you wouldn't be able to place any bets.  That seems like it'd solve the problem.

Problem with this is roomates who play or husband wife, gf and bf who share IP's also if you want to get around it proxy isn't hard, i bet most would make proxy account lvl 3's with cash to bet. You could make it to where they had to be a certain level like 50 so that way they atleast have to level it up before they can bet lol

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

Gigacus said:

Snosaven24 said:

Problem with this is roomates who play or husband wife, gf and bf who share IP's also if you want to get around it proxy isn't hard, i bet most would make proxy account lvl 3's with cash to bet. You could make it to where they had to be a certain level like 50 so that way they atleast have to level it up before they can bet lol

You make a good point.  I don't think there's any way to truly get around all cheating though.  If people want to throw matches, they'll find a way to do so.  That's the major downfall of this.  Still, I think it's a great idea that is definitely worth a shot.