Re-smelting, Fishing, Over-charged ammies, and more

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

Hey Everyone,

I've been around for a couple weeks now, bought my plat and gold subs and I've tried to get into all the relevant bits of the game to see what areas may need adjusting or possible changes that could really make an improvement. What's really important to me is trying to balance the economy a little bit, keep the nostalgia, build on old ideas that never went anywhere for RSC due to RS2, and really take advantage of ALL the space we're currently offered. as 95% of us stay within Taverly to edge and the immediate surrounding areas. These are a couple of items i feel would be great changes and keep things balanced. 1 thru 3 are actually standard to the original RSC and do not implement anything new that wasn't already originally in the game other then adding the batching process to them.

1: The ability to fish caskets. Caskets use to carry small cash, gems, and rarely half keys (maybe even put in an ultra rare chance at rare items as well?) right now there is no reason to fish with big net, there's no way to really make cash or level with it effectively. with the vast majority of the stuff you fish up being worth very little exp or money (Gloves, boots, seaweed i believe is 1-2 xp each without multiplier) So providing them with a casket to make a little bit of cash and collecting seaweed for future crafting, we'll have more big net fishers.

2. This also leads into the ability to batch the creation of Glass, gathering sand, making soda-ash from seaweed. Currently right now you cannot batch any process with anything to do with glass-making. This also includes crafting the vials themselves. Vials are a hard thing to get a hold of right now so having crafters bringing them into the mix could be a solid money maker and leveling opportunity for crafters.

3. This also leads into Pearls (Oysters) not being able to be fished either VIA big net, which leaves us with no way of ramping up the crossbow bolts with oyster tipped bolts, which will bring in a better and more often use of the xbow and bolt in the wild and pking. With the Pearl bolt tipped bolts and they're power equal to that of a mithril arrow they will be far more powerful then a standard bolt and allow you to equip a shield, however not more powerful then a magic bow with addy or rune arrows, and also cannot be poisoned.

4. I think the ability to "Overcharge" a dragon ammy should be possible by charging a charged ammy at the fountain again. This would give it *50* charges ( far more then normal) but have a 50% chance to take you to the wrong location (potentially maybe even the wild if you decide or just the normal locations it could go). It gives those who charge ammies some variation, and those who buy those ammies a little longer on there ammies but at a risk of not getting where they want to go right away. With a lot of pures running around navigation is quite difficult without the constant use of a charged dragon ammy. Especially with clue scrolls coming soon i think the ability to travel a little more freely without magic would be helpful.

5. This leads me into a possible function of being able to "examine" the ammies to see how many charges are left... nothing is worse then teleporting to karamja and realizing you don't have a charged ammy anymore to go back quickly to edgeville lol.

6. I see some awesome training areas for Fire giants and such out in the wild, but i'd like to see (even if difficult to get to) some areas to train on Fire giants outside of the wild. We have Taverly for blue dragons and black demons which by the way is a freaking distance from any bank. We also have some black demons that aren't terribly bad in the small edgy dungeon wild. I think atleast 1 PVE area would be beneficial to those who don't wish to always 3 item train in the wild vs Fire Giants. Not everyone who wants to play rsc is all about the PKing (i personally love it) but there are a lot of skillers we could convenience maybe just a little. Also more skillers more products on the market, cheaper prices for those who need to buy so you aren't paying 200k for a r2h when thats your only choice lol.

7. A store all button for the bank similar to current rscrevolution 3. Also leads to the "Remove all but 1", This is very helpful for when you've sorted your bank and wish to say remove all your money, it doesn't come out of order when you want to put it all back cause there's still 1 coin in there holding its spot.

8. I think the ability to quickly "Dump the contents" of a vial should be a quick and easy fix for devs. you may use up 500 vials creating something someone will never buy (regular atk potions, stat restores, etc). For the herblaw guy he can then dump those vials all out creating empty vials. I would make this batched based upon herblaw lvl as well. He would still have to fill with water so there's still a process of refilling them again.

9. Some sort of graphical deviation between an ID'd herb and an unID'd herb. in the inventory especially at full screen it can be a mess to see what is what when every herb both unid'd and id'd look exactly the same. maybe even in the future changing the herbs to each having their own unique feature/color, but for now a simple fix for unid to ID'd would be great too.

So those are the current things i'm thinking of off the top of my head while i'm at work and not currently playing. I think i plan to come up with a larger list of potential changes/fixes/upgrades/downgrades/etc. I would like some feedback and positive criticism if needed to see how you all feel about the changes. I feel that none of these changes are to drastic in nature, however I do plan on coming up with continued new ideas to bounce off the devs and designers and who knows where they or I could go with them.

Last edited by Gigacus (21 Jan 2016 07:53)

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Hey man just want to say I like how you really thought out the different aspects of the suggestions you provided.

I really can't find a way to disagree with any of them... +1.

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Do the waterfall quest if you would like some non wilderness fire giants to kill.

Player avatar

tylerthaboss Send PM

very solid post +1

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/2gwamv9.png[/img]

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for the +1's.

Another idea i just had would help remove some of the rarer items from the game. I would introduce special High Alc options for certain items. I notice with an overflow of items a high alc option say for something like the rainbow party hat or anything else like that (masks/party hats/santas)would be viable to help maintain a non-overflow and remove items making them rarer, as most won't die with party hats. Give them a Median price to high alc, this would in turn remove rare items from the game hoarders wouldn't be able to grab everything and for those who high alc them get instacash. Example changing the high alc of the rainbow party hat to 2.5m, the bunny ears to 1m, etc. no one would know the high alc of certain items until the first person did it to an item too leaving it as a risk for certain items. Also this puts a bottom cap on a rare item so when stuff gets over flooded it won't drop below a certain price and become worthless.

Last edited by Gigacus (16 Jan 2016 19:09)

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

Shameless bump to get more feedback or tweeks to the above ideas, or answer questions.

I'd really like to hear from you NoXx or Fate smile

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

Another Idea would also to introduce a way to "Re-Smelt" Items, break them down maybe you lose half the resources but it could allow us to re purpose a rune battle ax drop into say 1-2 rune bars, or say a dagger into Rune Shards smelt 5 rune shards or something like that to make a Rune Bar. Take 100 Rune arrows and make 1 Rune Bar. This could possibly even be a new skill called "Scavenging". Lots of utility and possibilities with this. You could turn lots of junk into a small bit of something useful.

Last edited by Gigacus (21 Jan 2016 01:27)

Player avatar

Skoomace Send PM

Gigacus said:

Another idea i just had would help remove some of the rarer items from the game. I would introduce special High Alc options for certain items. I notice with an overflow of items a high alc option say for something like the rainbow party hat or anything else like that (masks/party hats/santas)would be viable to help maintain a non-overflow and remove items making them rarer, as most won't die with party hats. Give them a Median price to high alc, this would in turn remove rare items from the game hoarders wouldn't be able to grab everything and for those who high alc them get instacash. Example changing the high alc of the rainbow party hat to 2.5m, the bunny ears to 1m, etc. no one would know the high alc of certain items until the first person did it to an item too leaving it as a risk for certain items. Also this puts a bottom cap on a rare item so when stuff gets over flooded it won't drop below a certain price and become worthless.

Removing items is a good idea, but increasing their alching price is bad for economy, it brings tons of cash out of nowhere into game economy and creates inflation making GP worth less and items worth more.

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

This would only be used for Rare items that need to be thinned out eventually.

Skoomace said:

Gigacus said:

Removing items is a good idea, but increasing their alching price is bad for economy, it brings tons of cash out of nowhere into game economy and creates inflation making GP worth less and items worth more.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Gigacus said:

Another Idea would also to introduce a way to "Re-Smelt" Items, break them down maybe you lose half the resources but it could allow us to re purpose a rune battle ax drop into say 1-2 rune bars, or say a dagger into Rune Shards smelt 5 rune shards or something like that to make a Rune Bar. Take 100 Rune arrows and make 1 Rune Bar. This could possibly even be a new skill called "Scavenging". Lots of utility and possibilities with this. You could turn lots of junk into a small bit of something useful.

I like this idea

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber