Slayer skill?

Player avatar

Gimli Send PM

subscriber

by redundant i mean replicating rs2 pixel for pixel is redundant when the server already took a decision to not be a 100% replica months ago.

there is enough custom content modules to implement incentives from slayer-like tasks. hotspots are already a creative solution for this void. can see the idea implemented in non-wildy zones too,  with pvp toggles (god mage op) and level restrictions. teams vying for certain cities (edit: and their empty buildings...clan homes much?) and regions would add back interesting community dynamics. see haven and hearth for how this can be done. just mind the hemp fields.

now if there is a need to quantify any of this then maybe grant task objective completions with QP or something close. but as a skill? might as well add a gnomeball level ladder at that point

Last edited by Gimli (19 Jan 2016 22:29)

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Ok, so lets say they implement it with some differences in how a player can actually obtain/participate in slayer like tasks -- what hurts to make it a skill where the user gains XP from said 'slayer like tasks'? I understand your reasoning for not wanting a direct 1 for 1 clone of the logic to the skill in RS2/3 but not the latter reasoning.

You're right as-well, there's tons of potential game content wise if they harness the concept of the hot zones creatively!

Last edited by ephrin (19 Jan 2016 22:33)

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

Gimli Send PM

subscriber

good question and my personal take on it is to remove the grind that came with original slayer. when that is free'd up, the creative applications canthen be seen throughva different lens.

back when everywhere but banks were pretty much combat zones QP used to be a gauge for something outside of the skill system.  im not familiar exactly what this was maybe some can enlighten us here but i suspect it had some community quality to it -  e. g bluerose13 had high qp because people trusted her to deliver.

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Gimli said:

good question and my personal take on it is to remove the grind that came with original slayer. when that is free'd up, the creative applications canthen be seen throughva different lens.

back when everywhere but banks were pretty much combat zones QP used to be a gauge for something outside of the skill system.  im not familiar exactly what this was maybe some can enlighten us here but i suspect it had some community quality to it -  e. g bluerose13 had high qp because people trusted her to deliver.

Fair enough. I can agree with you there. It is rather troublesome after you've already grinded the combat skills.

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

Gimli Send PM

subscriber

ok but unless youre yoyo why would you want to 99 in such a skill?  wouldnt you rather leverage combat experience for a more meaningful, if only briefly experimental, purpose?

the R is for Revolution,  after all

Last edited by Gimli (19 Jan 2016 23:22)

Player avatar

puremax123 Send PM

subscriber

It's not going to hurt anyone if it gets added. I just think it will be fun slaying different monsters and getting exp.

Last edited by puremax123 (20 Jan 2016 00:01)

Player avatar

DyingBreed Send PM

subscriber

Slayer for me personally was one of my favorite skills..the monsters u could access and stuff were very rewarding. none the less u could wear gear that improved ur dmg and accuracy while fighting that set creature so made exp a little faster and it wasnt so much nostalgia while training for hours on end same spot..plus for this id say u can work it in that u gain bonus combat exp from these kills on top of what u gain for slayer itself.