Android Client Update

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

If you haven't yet, I suggest you uninstall the current version and install the latest from http://www.rscrevolution.com/clientCach … lution.apk.

-Self-updater which will notify you if there's a newer application released and with click of a button you can install it.
-Game-cache and application update screens have been changed a bit.
-Game-cache updater rewrite, it will now verify the game-cache files it downloads, this will get rid of most of the launch problems.

-Hotspot skull added.
-Top-left corner question menu is now bigger and harder to miss
-A spell box on right side of the screen which can be used to cast spells, to use simply select spell from spell list.
-When you tap on scroll bar it won't keep scrolling.
-Option to change the long-press duration.
-Fixed bug in website which caused the application file unable to open if downloaded by android default browser.
-Scrolling will now work, with dragging the scrollbar down.
-Party system right-clicking isn't as buggy anymore.

Control Changes:
- Hold and press to open rightclick menu, keep holding down and select option, then release finger to select.
-Single-tapping should be more responsive.

Android client has now two new permissions added:
INSTALL_PACKAGES -> For self-updating
DELETE_PACKAGES -> For self-updating

Player avatar

y0y0 y0s Send PM

subscriber

Gr8 updates!!

yoyo yos

Player avatar

Pystonbroke Send PM

subscriber

I can't move around at all. All the buttons at top of screen work but I'm unable to walk or attack at all

Feel free to message me in game if you need anything.

I God I
J H C

Player avatar

Glen Send PM

subscriber

It has now been fixed.

Thanks n0m!

Character Name: Glen

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Awesome updates man! Keep 'em coming!

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

xkushx Send PM

subscriber

Really not a fan...only with the touch sensitivity. It seems to me the way it was was perfect. Is there a way you can link the old version for players who don't want this new update? Mainly me.

Player avatar

Isellmidgets Send PM

Solid update.

Well yeah you can buy a midget...although its a timeshare....and u havecto buy his beer and smokes......he gets mean without dem.

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Covered everything I asked for. Great job n0m!

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Topdogg75 Send PM

subscriber

Great update for android, solved a lot of the issues I had with the client. One thing that still bugs me is the items window. Maybe its just an issue with my phone (lg g3), but it really is a pain in the ass to skill. Lets take cooking for example. After opening up the item window and clicking on a shark, the item window stays open. This makes it a pain to cook the shark because I have to rotate the camera around in order to be able to click on the fire/stove. I figure its due to the small screen, but still having an option to be able to have the items menu "auto hide" after click an item in inv would make it easier imo.

*edit* - Another good option might be to allow us to change the size of our inventory scale. Maybe having options like Small , Normal, Large and allow us to switch between them in the options menu.

Last edited by Topdogg75 (16 Dec 2015 15:06)

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

It'd be nice if it remembered your hold time settings.

I'm really happy with the scroll feature, but I think it could be improved by adding an additional form of scrolling: tapping and dragging anywhere on the list to scroll through the items, like how you would scroll through a webpage on your phone (without the fancy stuff like inertia and friction). Currently, the scrolling sensitivity is an increasing function of the number of items in the menu, which is good for coarse-scrolling (for example, for scrolling to high level mage spells from Wind Strike), but it's bad for fine-tuned scrolling in large lists like the auction house listings (try it, its impossible to read all the items). What I'm proposing could be used in conjunction with the current tap-and-drag scrolling of the scroll bar in order to have tap-and-drag methods for both coarse and fine scrolling. This would eliminate the problem of fine-tune scrolling with the much too small scroll buttons.

Topdogg75 said:

Great update for android, solved a lot of the issues I had with the client. One thing that still bugs me is the items window. Maybe its just an issue with my phone (lg g3), but it really is a pain in the ass to skill. Lets take cooking for example. After opening up the item window and clicking on a shark, the item window stays open. This makes it a pain to cook the shark because I have to rotate the camera around in order to be able to click on the fire/stove. I figure its due to the small screen, but still having an option to be able to have the items menu "auto hide" after click an item in inv would make it easier imo.

*edit* - Another good option might be to allow us to change the size of our inventory scale. Maybe having options like Small , Normal, Large and allow us to switch between them in the options menu.

I think a much cleaner solution would be to single tap the inventory button to close it. Also, being able to open the inventory while keeping the "use item with" active would be useful.

EDIT: just tested it some more. It's really only the auction house listings that are subject to this. It's probably not worth implementing, as it works pretty damn well as it is for everything else.

Last edited by Evan (16 Dec 2015 16:25)

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

I noticed I have to slide my finger up and hover the party menu in 100ms or less to get it to show up and stay visible. Selecting something clicks through and make a me walk.  Or I have to click it 10 times. Everything else is pretty good.maybe add a ::leave for party...

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Raizon Send PM

i cant log in....

Player avatar

AR Send PM

subscriber

I'm experiencing a lot less login issues now smile

IGN - x Alex x & Pk Alex

Player avatar

truereligion Send PM

Dude... it won't let me type so I can't even play? I'm on the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

truereligion said:

Dude... it won't let me type so I can't even play? I'm on the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge

Download SwiftKey on google play. It's an amazing keyboard in general and works with RSCR

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

i have the edge as well, with that you have to turn off predictive text, it sucks but its the only way it will type to enter in the credentials.