Better Spell Effects

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

I remember in the original RSC, magic attacks and spell casting in general was very lack luster. When rscrevolution released RS2, they implemented graphics that reflected clearly what spells were being cast by the player.

The growing theme here seems to be, "What if RS2 wasn't released, but the game kept growing."
I don't know how difficult this would be to develop, but I would like to see a little more graphical feedback when a spell is cast besides a strange spiky sphere floating towards the target smile

Maybe for "Strike" low-level missile spells, it can look like how it is, but at least change the color to match the element (fire=red, earth=brown, etc.)
For the mid-level "Bolt" spells, maybe create more of a lightning bolt image that replaces the floating sphere.

It's purely a cosmetic idea, but that will add a little extra flare to the game world, allow players to more clearly see what spells are being cast, and make RSC Revolution that much more unique.

Thanks for reading!

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Be cool small flame for fire bolt mediam flame for blast big fireball for wave.you can carry this out with all the elements air water earth n fire
Think it be a cool idea

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

I think this could be something really good. It doesn't really deviate or alter any of the 'core' of the game. Better aesthetics (mind you -- not the core GFX/textures) is always a plus.

Could also be another thing to separate us from other lacking alternatives.

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

Ids Send PM

I like it!

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Maybe when NoxX is done with thw treasure trail stuff he could look into this.