People putting gold certs in AH for gold sub prices

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

I've noticed this a lot. I've never fallen victim to it myself but I know people who have. Yes, you should look closely just like the "are you sure?" part of the trade screen, but we all know that it's a blatant attempt at scamming other players. All the little trolls will go "It's just a game, pixels blablabla crying blablabla pixels" and that it's the victim's fault for not being absolutely sure of what they're buying before they click "buy", which it ultimately is, but when you have two items that look exactly alike, don't pussyfoot around it and try to make it look like the person who put the item up there ISN'T trying to scam players.

BTW I just went looking for the "game rules" or "server rules" sticky or page. Does such a page even exist? Do we just go on the assumption that the rules here are all essentially the same as rscrevolution's RSC? Anyway, people are saying (and I think they're right if I remember correctly) that rscrevolution basically said "If you get scammed, it's your fault too for not checking the second trade screen." But, RSC had tens of thousands of players and multiple servers, so common sense dictates that their reasoning for holding such an ambivalent, "meh" policy is the fact that they were inundated on a daily basis by noobs sending in complaints about being scammed, sometimes from 10 year olds who bought an r2h and 30 minutes later found out they could have got it for 10k cheaper, etc...

Whether we like it or not, RSCR is much, much smaller than RSC and these kinds of cases should be much, much easier to deal with. I just would like to see the staff here take a more sympathetic and understanding approach, and inflict some sort of punishment on the person DOING the scamming, since the person who got scammed has been punished already. So even if you think both parties are equally guilty, then there should be some sort of punishment for the person with the dishonest intent.

Last edited by Proxicity (29 Dec 2015 18:42)

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

http://www.rscrevolution.com/tos.php

I'll be putting the auction house moderating back soon.

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for the quick reply. I now see that the link is at the very bottom of the main page haha

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

Faded Blurrrrr Send PM

Don't forget silver certs for silver subs.
gold certs for          gold sub
chef's hats for white party hat           people try anything
or for instance people selling pumpkins like they're super rare at 500k each isn't the pumpkin patch still there?

Last edited by Faded Blurrrrr (29 Dec 2015 20:36)

Player avatar

happygoatman Send PM

subscriber

Should this seriously be disciplined or disabled from being possible? I think clean and legal "tricks" are a part of every single game community and economy "except for rscrevolution's games because they are basically junk compared to what they were when funny simple tricks were actually unpunishable" I'd like to tell it how,it is.. It's not like the player is naming the item as something that it's not, they are simply adding a relatively inexpensive item to the market list, that resembles, or can easily be mistaken for a much more valuable item that looks similar, for an absolutely ridiculous price in the hopes that a potential buyer is dumb enough to spend that type of money on an item without at least studying their purchase enough to not know they are blowing a million go on the wrong item. This isn't cheating unless they are globally or openly "mislabeling and falsely naming an item as something that it's not for a similar looking item's much higher price" As long as it's simply listed and not being falsely advertised, this is not cheating at all, and if anything it's a con artist tactic, like luring with the wild and faking friendships, or posing as the opposite sex to redeem monetary gains for roleplaying during in-game relationships and marriages in which the extremely desperate guy gives his classic "girlfriend" some free items that may be expensive or not. It's also comparable to staging and pretending in indulging in a friendship and building trust, then asking to "borrow" an item, once a player agrees to accept both trade screens, he's liable for what he looses and agrees that he may never get what he trades back. These are the actions of a con-artist, sure, it is rude, mean , and expresses bad ethics, but it's also a factor of reality, and utilizes a fabrication of human nature in our actual every day lives. Not every person is a good person, and not every classic player has your best interest. If you get fooled and it's costly, shame on him for being a meanie, and shame on you for not being smarter. You gotta realize this is a type of person and they aren't going to stop existing, even if their behavior is punishable. Funny thing is, a lot of the stuff doesn't break any rules, it just breaks the heart and the bank value of the naive victims. I don't embrace the behaviors of the cons necessarily, and I do think the victims are to blame at times for their stupidity, but special ethics and rules shouldn't be made to protect people who aren't smart enough to protect themselves from losses that don't involve cheating or rule breakers. Part of the game is made up by this type of behavior, and so is part of the real world! Cmon!

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

+1 as long as they are similar will always be dishonest players who will try and take advantage of others

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

happygoatman Send PM

subscriber

^ exactly they spice chit up... If I honestly bought a gold cert for 800k get mad for a minute then,seriously cheese out a big smile and make the gp back. Haha

Player avatar

happygoatman Send PM

subscriber

Like earlier today lenn kept telling me my sub prices were ridiculously expensive and not reasonable and he only had 1.783.000 so I felt bad and sold him the plat sub for the 1.7 and he immediately called me a dum feg and did ::1 selling plat 1.9

Lmao

Last edited by happygoatman (16 Jan 2016 06:29)

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Some people make there money just by merchanting there usually the pixal hungry guys

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Thoth33 Send PM

subscriber

Just change one of the icons.

Player avatar

Larvar Send PM

subscriber

If this still hasn't been addressed then +1

Professional edge sitter