Slayer skill?

Player avatar

mrnube15 Send PM

subscriber

Well it has been over 4 months since the announcement that the slayer skill would be introduced on the server and I haven't heard anything about it since then. I was hyped as it was my favorite rs2 skill. I know a lot of cool shit is being worked on right now from that recent video update, but I still haven't heard anything about slayer. Was it abandoned? Or is it still being worked on?

Player avatar

iced out Send PM

subscriber

mrnube15 said:

Well it has been over 4 months since the announcement that the slayer skill would be introduced on the server and I haven't heard anything about it since then. I was hyped as it was my favorite rs2 skill. I know a lot of cool shit is being worked on right now from that recent video update, but I still haven't heard anything about slayer. Was it abandoned? Or is it still being worked on?

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Slayer is still a concept that is being worked on. We want to implement it properly, and have it as functional and rewarding as RS2. Now that I am a designer on the team, as well as QoL updates, you can expect the slayer skill to start being developed in the near future if all goes well. Items, NPCs and objectives will need to be created for the update, so in a sense it is a larger scale update than the clue scrolls, which is being developed at the current moment as well.

Sorry, didn't see Pluto's reply. He basically summed it up.

Keep in mind, this is just as far as I'm aware, on next week's video update, I'll have an answer for you.

Last edited by NoxX (18 Jan 2016 02:20)

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

mrnube15 Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for the response guys. smile

Player avatar

Thoth33 Send PM

subscriber

Runecrafting should be (and should have been in rs2) lumped in with magic.

Slayer should be (and should have been) a minigame with gold or xp lamps as a reward, not a skill

Player avatar

Ids Send PM

I never really liked the idea of Slayer as a skill. It's kinda like a task system, and doesn't even produce or train anything. You just get forced to kill a specific monster for no reason.

If any new skill I'd be for Runecrafting or maybe Farming even though a large overhaul would be needed. I just like the concept of growing something useful, and herbs sure are useful. Seeds could be obtained from birds' nests which would make woodcutting more useful. Could also put some clue scrolls in these nests.

Player avatar

Kevin Send PM

subscriber

Slayer, Runecrafting, Construction, Farming are skills i always wanted to see in RSC.

Construction and Farming would go well together as you could have a little garden in your home that you could take of (Kind of like in Archeage) and also all the farming plots as we know it.

Slayer is awesome to train combat and bring new stuff to the game.

Runecrafting could be nice to bring a bigger influx or runes to the game which could promote even more pking.

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Kevin said:

Slayer, Runecrafting, Construction, Farming are skills i always wanted to see in RSC.

Construction and Farming would go well together as you could have a little garden in your home that you could take of (Kind of like in Archeage) and also all the farming plots as we know it.

Slayer is awesome to train combat and bring new stuff to the game.

Runecrafting could be nice to bring a bigger influx or runes to the game which could promote even more pking.

I thoroughly agree with this comment. smile

Sidenote: ArcheAge is pretty awesome. (Albeit I've dropped a lot of $$$ to be decent in it)

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Thoth33 said:

Runecrafting should be (and should have been in rs2) lumped in with magic.

Slayer should be (and should have been) a minigame with gold or xp lamps as a reward, not a skill

I think you lost yourself with this comment lol? Slayer should never of been a mini game and rightly so. Slayer would be a great skill but a lot of work that will go into making it. Maybe if they bring out clues and  slayer at a later date, make the better clues from slayer monster at say 80 plus *example. As for runecrafting I don't see been a necessary skill or main priority as runes are really easy to obtain.

Last edited by padwan121 (18 Jan 2016 19:45)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Datsyuk Send PM

subscriber

Ids said:

I never really liked the idea of Slayer as a skill. It's kinda like a task system, and doesn't even produce or train anything. You just get forced to kill a specific monster for no reason.

I agree with this. I did a little bit of slayer and I never saw the point. Could someone explain to me the benefit of doing it?

[img]http://s2.postimg.org/stnxil1ll/Datsyuk.jpg[/img]

Speed Racer - Lvl 3 Event Extraordinar

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Slayer skill on rs2 had specific NPC's that could only be killed if you were an experienced slayer(er?). like 85 slayer let you kill the abyssal demon for abyssal whips, which were at 1 point the more powerful weapon in the game.

Player avatar

puremax123 Send PM

subscriber

I really hope slayer does get added in the near future, it is one of my favorite skills on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Id love slayer +1

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Gimli Send PM

subscriber

this is a private server.  if slayer is ultimatley about access to resources be it equipment or training xp,  then make a custom area.  no need for an additional skill,  especially when hotspots are more or less pvp slayer zones

any resource deficiencies be it lacks of runes herbs raw materials can be met with generous clue scroll rewards, even if there lies the risk of new comers getting scammed with propositions of free armour triming xD

just one of life's traps in vanity..

Last edited by Gimli (19 Jan 2016 19:40)

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Gimli said:

this is a private server.  if slayer is ultimatley about access to resources be it equipment or training xp,  then make a custom area.  no need for an additional skill,  especially when hotspots are more or less pvp slayer zones

any resource deficiencies be it lacks of runes herbs raw materials can be met with generous clue scroll rewards, even if there lies the risk of new comers getting scammed with propositions of free armour triming xD

just one of life's traps in vanity..

I have to disagree with the entirety of this. That is a rather unprofessional and sloppy implementation. (IMO)

You either do it properly or you don't.

Player avatar

LindeRKV Send PM

subscriber

Voting no.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/HyQ3d.png[/img]

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

LindeRKV said:

Voting no.

Surely you have some reasons, no? At its core, it really doesn't take away or add anything 'immense' or 'game changing'. If anything it just allows for more varied repeatable content.

Player avatar

Gimli Send PM

subscriber

redundancy

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Gimli said:

redundancy

rscrevolution is redundancy. That's hardly a reason. The content in nature is redundant.