Why more " old " color hats should of been added.

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

Okay yes I know a few were added " few "   but not enough to make any real difference.

looking at the Auction House all the old colors people are now asking almost double what they were before the new year's event.  This is only going to negatively affect the game.

No new player is going to grind long hours just so they can buy one and those who do are being robbed. You should not reward players for hoarding items just so they can make an easy profit.  40-50m Today 100m in a Month.  This will only get worse now that they know they can control the market and prices on them for one more whole year.

My big issue with this is majority of them only trade hands in the stake scene, I have seen players refuse to sell and basically say I will only stake for it.  " So go all in on a coin flip of sorts against players who have 10+ ".

Problem with this is if by chance these hoarders lose it does not affect them they have mass amount to fall back on.     Most other player's do not.

Yes this does happen I have seen it countless times and it makes sense why sell it if they do not need the GP unless the other person will overpay by a large amount. 

Some will give into temptation and do the Stake bad news for the server that player who only wanted a pixel hat to wear on his or her head now lost all their GP and has now quit the server.

Basically what I am saying is stop raising prices on items and robbing hard working players it only hurts the server long term

Last edited by glass of water (10 Jan 2016 09:20)

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

Before anyone says " well work for the GP they all did also " that is only half true, yes I guarantee some did kudos to them but most were bought up when prices were lower much lower 2,3,5,10m

Player avatar

Jacksoffalot Send PM

subscriber

There are new hats that are much cheaper to buy, if you want an old hat, stake your way up, or farm npcs. its that simple. those people who have the old hats now are the people who put it on the line in each stake they won, or grinded there ass off.

I personally was broke as fuck before the cracker event. i put everything i got from the event on the line. stake after stake to get what i have now. why should what i worked my ass off for be devalued just because you're lazy? party hat prices constantly raised on rscrevolution classic, rscrevolution never introduced more hats so they would stay lower. what makes you think thats the solution here? nothing other then your own dumb ass grind. you hoping to snap a few free hats up so you don't have to work for them,

You also like to blame hoarders, but in reality, its because this game is a free market. you gotta pay whatever people are willing to sell for. if you dont want to pay for it, you dont have to, you can go without. hoarders keep there hats and only sell for high gp, because there's fuck all to blow gp on once you have things like 99mage 93pray, as the majority of stakers dont skill much. there is solutions, but of course you'll turn them down because you're still stuck in 2005.

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

Not asking for items but in 2-3months when they are 100m+ each you will see a large decrease in players based on that alone.

Player avatar

Dexto Send PM

isn't that how rare's become desirable?

Phats in real RS were shit the first 2 years, now they are everything anyone wished for...
Thats just what makes them wanted.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gLbpj65.png[/img]The Edge of Glory
[img]https://i.imgur.com/UyxJCpF.png[/img]

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

Dexto said:

Phats in real RS were shit the first 2 years, now they are everything anyone wished for...

This is very true but one thing almost everyone overlooks is that they were originally called " Holiday Items " and meant to be a fun thing.  They never in there wildest dreams expected the game would be as popular as it was. They later proved this by making new " Holiday items "  something you could not trade and proved this more so on 07 by releasing 10's of thousands too combat this problem.

Player avatar

Jacksoffalot Send PM

subscriber

glass of water said:

Dexto said:

This is very true but one thing almost everyone overlooks is that they were originally called " Holiday Items " and meant to be a fun thing.  They never in there wildest dreams expected the game would be as popular as it was. They later proved this by making new " Holiday items "  something you could not trade and proved this more so on 07 by releasing 10's of thousands too combat this problem.

and yet they stopped doing that all the time and release items that are now worth ridiculous gold like party hats.

google the black santa hat on rs2. it was released only 2 years ago adn its worth almost 1bill gp. clearly rscrevolution had a change of thought.

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

Jacksoffalot said:

glass of water said:

Dexto said:

and yet they stopped doing that all the time and release items that are now worth ridiculous gold like party hats.

google the black santa hat on rs2. it was released only 2 years ago adn its worth almost 1bill gp. clearly rscrevolution had a change of thought.

I am not here to argue with people just simply posting my view on the issue. I was unaware of this Item have not played rscrevolution version in a very long time. Only know of the 07 hat's because a mate in real life showed me them on his account.

Last edited by glass of water (10 Jan 2016 11:46)

Player avatar

Dexto Send PM

Jacksoffalot said:

glass of water said:

Dexto said:

rscrevolution indeed made a change some years ago, almost every holiday event there is a new tradeable rare.

Black santa hat
Christmas Scythe
Holly wreath
Fish Mask
Rubber Turkey
Crab Hat
Cloak of seasons
Crown of seasons
Christmas Tree hat

Last edited by Dexto (10 Jan 2016 17:18)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gLbpj65.png[/img]The Edge of Glory
[img]https://i.imgur.com/UyxJCpF.png[/img]

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

I don't really care about all this phat/cosmetic crap. I mean sure, once I've maxed all the stats I want to; then yes, I will grind my ass off to attain some cool lookin' gear... But to say: "players will leave" because of rare cosmetic items increasing in price is pretty far-fetched... =/

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

glass of water said:

Okay yes I know a few were added " few "   but not enough to make any real difference.

looking at the Auction House all the old colors people are now asking almost double what they were before the new year's event.  This is only going to negatively affect the game.

No new player is going to grind long hours just so they can buy one and those who do are being robbed. You should not reward players for hoarding items just so they can make an easy profit.  40-50m Today 100m in a Month.  This will only get worse now that they know they can control the market and prices on them for one more whole year.

My big issue with this is majority of them only trade hands in the stake scene, I have seen players refuse to sell and basically say I will only stake for it.  " So go all in on a coin flip of sorts against players who have 10+ ".

Problem with this is if by chance these hoarders lose it does not affect them they have mass amount to fall back on.     Most other player's do not.

Yes this does happen I have seen it countless times and it makes sense why sell it if they do not need the GP unless the other person will overpay by a large amount. 

Some will give into temptation and do the Stake bad news for the server that player who only wanted a pixel hat to wear on his or her head now lost all their GP and has now quit the server.

Basically what I am saying is stop raising prices on items and robbing hard working players it only hurts the server long term

You're suggesting that adding more hats will raise the price of hats. An interesting theory indeed. But the reality is that it doesn't matter what people are asking for hats. All that matters is what people are willing to pay for hats, which when time-averaged, will always be a decreasing function of the number of hats in circulation. And releasing more hats --> more hats in circulation.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

#KIZL2016 TAX THE TOP 1% OF EDGE HUGGERS! KEEP BIG STAKERS OUT OF THE AUCTION HOUSE!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

glass of water Send PM

Okay when the hoarders own 90% of all hats in circulation and are saying " I will only stake for it unless you are willing to pay 100m+ i will not sell it "  you will all see I am right, never underestimate player greed on RS.   Also I notice the new hats are pretty low right now but that is so the rich players can buy more of them and do the same thing with prices on those also.

Last edited by glass of water (11 Jan 2016 04:11)