Change GOLD+ silver SUBS PICTURE so scammers cant auction scam

Player avatar

Faded Blurrrrr Send PM

Sort  by the price down each, You'll find occasionally a gold certificate right near a gold subscription card, many players see this and are like OHHH CHEAP SUB! and then they are scammed...
     PLEASE MAKE GOLD SUB AND SILVER SUBS differnt pictures than GOLD CERT OR SILVER CERT! it'll make less work for mods! evertime someone gets scammed, i Know subs are serious business and should be treated with respect!

Last edited by Faded Blurrrrr (29 Dec 2015 18:50)

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

+1.

I'll fix your problem too.

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

I posted this in general discussion before I saw this so I'll just paste it here because I'm a spamming fame lady:

I said:

I've noticed this a lot. I've never fallen victim to it myself but I know people who have. Yes, you should look closely just like the "are you sure?" part of the trade screen, but we all know that it's a blatant attempt at scamming other players. All the little trolls will go "It's just a game, pixels blablabla crying blablabla pixels" and that it's the victim's fault for not being absolutely sure of what they're buying before they click "buy", which it ultimately is, but when you have two items that look exactly alike, don't pussyfoot around it and try to make it look like the person who put the item up there ISN'T trying to scam players.

BTW I just went looking for the "game rules" or "server rules" sticky or page. Does such a page even exist? Do we just go on the assumption that the rules here are all essentially the same as rscrevolution's RSC? Anyway, people are saying (and I think they're right if I remember correctly) that rscrevolution basically said "If you get scammed, it's your fault too for not checking the second trade screen." But, RSC had tens of thousands of players and multiple servers, so common sense dictates that their reasoning for holding such an ambivalent, "meh" policy is the fact that they were inundated on a daily basis by noobs sending in complaints about being scammed, sometimes from 10 year olds who bought an r2h and 30 minutes later found out they could have got it for 10k cheaper, etc...

Whether we like it or not, RSCR is much, much smaller than RSC and these kinds of cases should be much, much easier to deal with. I just would like to see the staff here take a more sympathetic and understanding approach, and inflict some sort of punishment on the person DOING the scamming, since the person who got scammed has been punished already. So even if you think both parties are equally guilty, then there should be some sort of punishment for the person with the dishonest intent.

Last edited by Proxicity (29 Dec 2015 18:49)

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

+1
every time I see it I tell a mod and they'll typically remove the item but this should happen!!

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO