Revolutions Racist, Bullying issues

Player avatar

TheCrusha Send PM

I think this server has a huge issue with Racism, Badgering, Mod Bullying, And very Negative comments in general to every one and any one, Its a free for all on Pk channel and General some times. I know it gets competitive and some people know one another forever, But it really deters new players from making Revolution there home, I seen several times Mods just say "Just use Ignore" and all you see is "Mods take it in the ass" things like that but far more creative. I see Mods getting bullied and them just say use ignore like there kids in a school yard saying " if i just ignore it, it will go away" and No Reinforcement from the mods, "Powerless" it shows,  getting walked over. Ive seen New players ask for help and a few starting items and players Turn them away with rudeness, And people wonder why no one sticks around. Most of us here are Mature, in our Mid to late 20's, and all we talk about is Niggers, Mods with dildos in there ass's, Fins, a Dead person who use to play this server, Fags, Queers & Retards. I donno if any one else has an issue with this. but mabe it can be toned down a little. because im sure not every one wants to Ignore half the population, thats dwindling as it is.

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Two things fix this problem:

1) ::2 really needs to be toggled off by default
2) ::1 needs to be better moderated. I don't care about seeing shit piss and fuck on the channel, but when these uneducated homophobes and racists start throwing around brother and love its unacceptable and deserving of an immediate 10 minute mute. That's just not okay anywhere and here should be no different.

Last edited by Evan (14 Nov 2015 03:24)

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

i would love to see no flame / racism / hate in none of those channels,
Just cause people can't handle their fingers and stop being keyboard warriors, shouldn't that bring a new player to NOT
want to use the PK channel? In my opinion, small mutes would be helpful, after several warnings.. New players don't know how to shut it off when they first join RSCR, and then might be the first thing they see, GO DIE IN CANCER YOU brother, and that might make them logout & never come back..

I know for a while know it has been suggested to ''keep shit talk in ::2'' but in my opinion, keep shittalk nowhere, except, if you wanna talk shit to eachtoher / flame,. ADD and private message, and hate eachother how much you want on there.

I've heard some people left due to the global & ::2 chat. That's not what we want, we want a even bigger community, not people leaving cause the chat get out of hand sometimes..

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

i love when grown ass people cry

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Mod Winter Send PM

1. We will ask the admins if ::2 being turned off by default and a toggle in the options menu can be  added.
2. If you pm a mod we will ask the person doing so to please stop if they are getting out of hand.
3. Ignore list was added for this exact reason.

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Here is what I do. Just forget I read it, instead of sitting and thinking " oh what they said is so bad. "  Forget you read it and continue playing, if that does not work the ignore list will block the persons chat. big_smile

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

tehmasta Send PM

subscriber

if shit talking stopped pking would probably stop also

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

its the immaturity of the players, and honestly, the lack of balls the staff have. everybody is scared to take action against players who abuse there "right to free speech". there is no game that ive personally seen that has ever allowed this type of behavior. EVER.  people seem to always forget that there are real people behind each of those players, and not nearly as many people enjoy reading racism, as those who enjoy using it.

The lot of them also forget that its a privilege to play here, not a right.

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

In favor of global mutes for particularly "salty" players, maybe in increments of repeated offense. Maybe 1-2 minutes as a warning, then 5, then 10, then 15, and add 5 minutes for every repeat offense. Or give players a verbal warning before just straight up handing out 30 minute mutes.

edit: For what it's worth I think the commonness of racist/offensive language here leads to a culture of acceptance, which leads to players using it more often just because they think it's status quo here. I'd use myself (unfortunately) as an example of this, having definitely called people "fags" and such here even though I would never do that anywhere other than here for various reasons.

Last edited by Actumen (15 Nov 2015 14:06)

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Actumen said:

In favor of global mutes for particularly "salty" players, maybe in increments of repeated offense. Maybe 1-2 minutes as a warning, then 5, then 10, then 15, and add 5 minutes for every repeat offense. Or give players a verbal warning before just straight up handing out 30 minute mutes.

edit: For what it's worth I think the commonness of racist/offensive language here leads to a culture of acceptance, which leads to players using it more often just because they think it's status quo here. I'd use myself (unfortunately) as an example of this, having definitely called people "fags" and such here even though I would never do that anywhere other than here for various reasons.

O no! U calld someone a cigarette! Someone call the RSC police.

Fucking hell.

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

Oopsie said:

Actumen said:

O no! U calld someone a cigarette! Someone call the RSC police.

Fucking hell.

Hey if it's scaring away new players I'm all for encouraging people to cut back on shitty language.

I can go full SJW if you want and talk about the fact that most of the player base here is clueless straight white males if you'd like. wink

Player avatar

smack u Send PM

subscriber

Yea fk this police shit. I use brother as a term of endearment, not racism. I use cigarette in the non-literal version like fuck you dick face.

I have gay black friends... ahahahahha

No but seriously I do use those terms and I'm honestly not racist nor homophobic. You kids that grew up on the neverland ranch shouldn't still be playing old ass games with immature adults. When we see something gets under your skin, that's the plan of attack usually. Why don't we fuckin filter the chat like some old shit servers I've played so everything looks like F***** f**** n**** you f***** b***** s***** d****.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

I enjoyed the filter. hahaha

+1 Replica

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

back to filtering!

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

back to filtering? do you wake up in the mornings and think of ways to kill rscr even more? that filter was so annoying when it was in place.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

they're trying to cater for these 1000's of rs3 players who they think are coming to play this server and buy subs but brutal truth is though they don't stay, yeah they might see advertisement and check it out log in a couple times a week but a lot of the time it's just too fucking weird for them, this 15 year old medieval game which everyone takes so seriously, I think you should cater to your loyal players as well as the new ones because if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have the server to be honest. If a player doesn't like what another player is saying, they should be reminded they can either a) toggle ::1 and ::2 on/off, b) ignore list the player and c) report them using report abuse/forums. You could make it so the recovery questions pop up box comes up when you log in (outside the wilderness) says something like HEY GUYZ RERMBER SUM PPL HERE ARE OVER SENSITIVE AND GET OFFENDED EZ BY WAT SUM1 TYPES REMEMBER U CAN REPORT THEM, IGNORE DEM OR TOGGLE CHAT OFF! If a mod thinks what a player is doing is unnacceptable they should be warned and dealt with accordingly. Or like Pallo said, is that too much work for everyone lol. The online count reflects the server direction

Last edited by zazo x (16 Nov 2015 16:03)

Player avatar

hulkamaanio Send PM

subscriber

"fate has logged in" RIP RSCR

Player avatar

hulkamaanio Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

I enjoyed the filter. hahaha

+1 Replica

~K!zL

I really wish this was a replica but it hasnt been in like a year lol