Patch, Underground Pass and Halloween

Player avatar

cruzader Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

cruzader said:

Fate said:

-Klank Gauntlets

• The Klanks Gauntlets is given to you by the npc Klank in the underground pass quest.
  • Upon losing these gauntlets, you will have to pay 5000 coins and go all the way back into the dungeon to obtain a new pair from Klank.

Is the 5000gp only if you complete quest?
In rsc pures would generaly stop the quest at that step, and you would get unlimited klanks at no cost.
(aslong as not having any on u, talk drop, talk drop, talk drop etc to grab 10 pairs)

You will have to finish quest to obtain, yes you can buy and drop buy again so I would imagen. You could do this on original. It won't be straight forward on a pure thought due to npcs and falling..if you have high theiving you can get past the part after bridge with ease. I belive its 72 or 75 cent remember as it was along time since I did.

You did not have to finish quest to obtain klanks in rsc and was no payment for the klanks when getting them during quest.
i never completed quest on any chars, always stopped at the step when getting gaunts from klank and used d amu out with 5-10pairs so that is why i was wondering if the payment is only after quest is complete.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

I was sure you did have to pay 5kyet again I could be wrong it's been over ten years and more since I did it on original... I can however say for certain you had to drop them to get another pair. Also was pretty certain you had to finish..but not 100 percent..but was more on the side of you had 2 finish hmm.

Last edited by padwan121 (18 Oct 2015 18:54)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

cruzader Send PM

subscriber

i never took any gp with me when getting gaunts, and never completed quest on any char.
Got a pair of gaunts and tinderbox as quest items, no payment.
But did indeed have to drop them for each pair and then pick back up to get 5-10 with you.

This is the first time ive ever heard of gaunts being 5k to get new, but like i said ive never completed quest so dont know if there is a fee after quest.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Correct Cruzader when I replicated this quest; it was exactly like you said if you have not completed the quest you can get as many klank gauntlets as you want. Once you have completed it, you'll have to pay 5000gp in order to get a new pair.

The max hit with iban blast is 25, confirmed on real rsc.

I still think that a count of 50 and maybe consider lowering the max hit to 20 would be a nice compromise. To recharge your staff you can simply use your staff on the King Lathas npc and he will recharge it for you, to skip the part where u have to re-walk the whole underground pass to recharge it.

This is my personal opinon though, and I do not PK on rscr so I don't know what you think, my time is limited to just making updates, anyways: I think that the max hit of iban blast and god spells is too high. Iban blast should have a max hit of 20 as you have to recharge it every (25 or 50 casts if we raise it). God spells should have a range between 5-15. Again this is just my personal opinion as I think it's very unbalanced hit wise.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Army Send PM

subscriber

Fate, I've recharged my staff 5x now, it takes literally 4 mins exactly if you have the right gear. Don't conform to these lazy players, these turnip randoms come here all the time trying to suggest how to make more exp, suggesting subs for quest completions, etc etc... it's fine.... maybe more charges because a typical fight uses 30-40 cast.

[img]http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/53aadfbb69bedd877dc768a3/us-norse-hacker-map.gif[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

max hit is 25

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/run … 0831034444

the strength 25 missile attack = 25 max hit, go look at your spellbook

its the same as rsc

missile attack doesnt equal max hit of the spell.

Player avatar

cruzader Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

I think that the max hit of iban blast and god spells is too high. Iban blast should have a max hit of 20 as you have to recharge it every (25 or 50 casts if we raise it). God spells should have a range between 5-15. Again this is just my personal opinion as I think it's very unbalanced hit wise.

Could let the "Protect from missiles" prayer reduce the dmg taken from iban and god spells by 5 or 10.
Would keep god mages the way they are for stakes with prayer off and make it optional reduction for DMs.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Army said:

Fate, I've recharged my staff 5x now, it takes literally 4 mins exactly if you have the right gear. Don't conform to these lazy players, these turnip randoms come here all the time trying to suggest how to make more exp, suggesting subs for quest completions, etc etc... it's fine.... maybe more charges because a typical fight uses 30-40 cast.

it takes 4 mins to get through the UGP IF you know what you're doing. however that isnt accounting for the banking, and walking from wildy/edge to ardougne. Just because this is how it was on RSC, doesnt mean it shouldnt be changed. its like how certs u could only uncert 5 at a time, but on here its all to/from bank. changes have to be made.

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Army said:

please buddy, dont say rsceplayers come here etc, wtf..

We are one whole community of RSC players. And who gives a fuck what server you played on or not ?

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

Army could you list these 'turnip randoms'?

You do realise forums represent 30% of the actual player-base? It's usually the same collective group who post frequently, so making a poll on front page would be better in seeing how favorable a suggestion is.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Cub said:

max hit is 25

its the same as rsc

missile strength does indeed indicate the max hit for the spell. Fire bolt = max hit of 8

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

GLeU said:

Cub said:

max hit is 25

its the same as rsc

missile strength does indeed indicate the max hit for the spell. Fire bolt = max hit of 8

Clearly you never played RSC.  Fire bolt maxed 6s and only maxed 8s if you had chaos gauntlets from the family crest quest.  Fire blast only maxes 8s not 12s and fire wave maxes 10s not 16s.

Now pipe down and let the big boys talk.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Cub said:

GLeU said:

Clearly you never played RSC.  Fire bolt maxed 6s and only maxed 8s if you had chaos gauntlets from the family crest quest.  Fire blast only maxes 8s not 12s and fire wave maxes 10s not 16s.

Now pipe down and let the big boys talk.

I will go member my account right now just to shut you up

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

betasubscriberDMM2_Participant

dont waste your $$, just because it says 25 missile attack doesent mean it will hit 25..
15 should be the max hit anyways, else its too overpowered.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Havalian Send PM

subscriber

Brilliant work to Fate and N0m and everyone else who worked to make this happen!  The hard work is most certainly appreciated. 

I don't really care about this whole Staff of Iban thing but it strikes me as odd that some people feel they have some kind of right to demand the ability to pk with it the way they want to.

Lastly and off topic:  I don't know what fire bolt maxed on RSC with 99 magic or whatever, but I do know that between all the low level maging I did and the training of my tank mage I never saw fire bolt hit above a 6.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Havalian said:

Brilliant work to Fate and N0m and everyone else who worked to make this happen!  The hard work is most certainly appreciated. 

I don't really care about this whole Staff of Iban thing but it strikes me as odd that some people feel they have some kind of right to demand the ability to pk with it the way they want to.

Lastly and off topic:  I don't know what fire bolt maxed on RSC with 99 magic or whatever, but I do know that between all the low level maging I did and the training of my tank mage I never saw fire bolt hit above a 6.

the highest i have Seen is a 6 also and tuts the max hit so I have always thought. Fire wave I have hit 11s on this server sure of it.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

Havalian said:

the highest i have Seen is a 6 also and tuts the max hit so I have always thought. Fire wave I have hit 11s on this server sure of it.

There must be a slight mis calulation because the max should be 10.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

I just double checked and the highest I hit with fire wave was indeed 11.

Player avatar

y0y0 y0s Send PM

subscriber

Much is the boosted exp? Is it DOUBLE XP or what

yoyo yos

Player avatar

smack u Send PM

subscriber

I've seen 25s frequent with my Iban, actually more frequent than godmage. I agree it may be a bit overpowered. I say raise it no more than 50 casts per recharge and recharge no closer than ardy. I wouldn't object to max hit being lowered to 20. I got 4 kills in 14 casts with my most recent charge, therefore any more than 50 casts and you may as well make it unlimited. I 3 hit a level 99 on my level 76 with 40 attack and 40 strength using the Iban spell. If players are too lazy to walk across the map to have an extremely overpowered weapon, they shouldn't bother using it.

You can get as many klanks as you'd like for 5k each after completing the quest. You can also pick them back up if you die in the wildy with them. If you can't afford to pay 5k for a pair of gaunts to allow you 1 higher damage, why do you even pk?

You need 25 ranged to drop the bridge the do the quest. Doing it with 1 agility will make you want to commit unalived, however I did it with 16 agility with no problems. It takes like 5 minutes to get 16 agility so if those requirements are too tedious for you, why are you even questing?

In conclusion, the quest is on point and definitely worth the requirements for the rewards offered. The only thing debatable is how OP the staff is, and how fucking hard it is to recharge. If it stays as powerful as it is, it should be that hard to recharge. If it's weakened at all, the recharging system should be made easier.

Nice work guys! Time and effort much appreciated!