Social Media

Player avatar

Oneironaut Send PM

I was curious if this server has ever been promoted via instagram, twitter or Facebook. the biggest difference between now and when we all used to play this game 15 or so years ago is the growth and ease of networking via these social media platforms. I searched all  the social media platforms to see if any RSCR content existed and I found nothing.

would this server be opposed or is it against the rules to have an unofficial player run social media page used for advertising to get more players. It would state on the page that its the unofficial player run social media page and would not advertise itself as being associated with the producers/owners or creators of this server.

I've only been a part of this server for a few months but i am really impressed with the android version and the content. I play on an old kindle and it plays smoother and better than any computer/internet connection I played 15 years ago. With all the possible content to share (pictures, videos, mobile use, content updates, etc.) a consolidated social media platform that had access to all this could be used to share to attract new players.

I worked in advertisement for years and most companies used facebook to promote. some businesses will lliterally put a quarter million bucks a month into FB advertisements alone (obviously huge multi million dollar companies). the FB algorithms for advertising are pretty incredible, you can target your demographic, very easy to use and you can put very little money into it with decent results. You can also promote pages without spending money by doing just a little bit of pedal work. I spent 10-15$ a month on advertising a video and it got 10-15k views in less than a week (who cares if most the views were from India XD).

i saw snos post to get more players and wasn't sure if there was a dedicated social media page to this server. apologies if this is something that has been discussed before

Last edited by Oneironaut (15 Sep 2019 03:20)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

I had made facebook & reddit for this server but the fb was taken down for copyright laws.

It had 20k followers and was working great.

We also need to put the server back on the google play store.

Oh and the fb seems to be remade.

https://m.facebook.com/RSCRevolution

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (16 Sep 2019 15:27)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

eloquentbank Send PM

subscriber

I made the Instagram a few years ago with Mod Cash. I’m no longer active here sad so If a mod wants to take it up I can relinquish the account.

Player avatar

mapi Send PM

I could update the ig page