Ironmen

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

I love the concept of Ironmen, except for what I feel is a missed aspect.

Teamwork - ONLY with other Ironmen.

I ran into another one earlier today and instantly I felt compelled to work with them - but then remember I could not.

I think it would be SO fun to be able to collaborate with other Ironmen in game, and do stuff together as a team.

Just my two cents.

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

IronLungJr2nd Send PM

subscriber

I've been rockin ironman for a couple of years now. I personally love it! The fact that theres no trading or picking up other's drops adds suspense for when u do get that first dmed or getting d axe for the first time. Feels like what u have and what you do means much more to an ironman than a norm char. #selfmade. Btw does anyone know if any other ironmen have full trim sets of any kind, I have a few =) and finding those items feels even greater than just spending 10m or whatever on one lol

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

IronLungJr2nd said:

I've been rockin ironman for a couple of years now. I personally love it! The fact that theres no trading or picking up other's drops adds suspense for when u do get that first dmed or getting d axe for the first time. Feels like what u have and what you do means much more to an ironman than a norm char. #selfmade. Btw does anyone know if any other ironmen have full trim sets of any kind, I have a few =) and finding those items feels even greater than just spending 10m or whatever on one lol

Wildironman is usually rocking and alternating between his sets, looking very much on point smile
Every time I used to visit Shilo I would see him wear a different one, haha.
There's quite a few ironmen who have been hunting clues. I haven't had much luck with completing the sets myself.

Player avatar

IronLungJr2nd Send PM

subscriber

Mod Vinkie said:

IronLungJr2nd said:

Wildironman is usually rocking and alternating between his sets, looking very much on point smile
Every time I used to visit Shilo I would see him wear a different one, haha.
There's quite a few ironmen who have been hunting clues. I haven't had much luck with completing the sets myself.

I am Wildironman bro =) lol

Last edited by IronLungJr2nd (1 Jul 2019 21:25)

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

IronLungJr2nd said:

I am Wildironman bro =) lol

Woops, sorry.
Grats on the title of Ironman Treasure Trails God, then big_smile

Edit: Regarding the thread's topic. I'm very much in favour of more shared activities, including those for ironmen.
Aside from PKing, it's mostly only Reaper killing that is done in teams (aside from the Fishing Trawler minigame, which can't be done by ironmen).
I would +1 it, but there aren't really any concrete ideas. I'm not sure how I feel about ironman teams with a similar form to how it is now or what is suggested in here, but I think group activities in general are definitely something fun to explore smile

Player avatar

IronLungJr2nd Send PM

subscriber

One thing I can think of is mabe new bosses related to slayer somehow (diff slayer reqs/items needed, things needing done(reaper has his hounds) etc.. ) With reaper you need high range or mage but mabe incorporating the torches, dynamite,  or items like it chars that are mid leveled/preferred builds can still participate given they are slayer qualified. This would include ironmen as it's not always easy getting coin and gear especially starting out.

Player avatar

IronLungJr2nd Send PM

subscriber

IronLungJr2nd said:

One thing I can think of is mabe new bosses related to slayer somehow (diff slayer reqs/items needed, things needing done(reaper has his hounds) etc.. ) With reaper you need high range or mage but mabe incorporating the torches, dynamite,  or items like it chars that are mid leveled/preferred builds can still participate given they are slayer qualified. This would include ironmen as it's not always easy getting coin and gear especially starting out.

Example off the top of my head ok.. big slime, you kill it and it breaks into four smaller slimes and they respawn within a certain time and then if all 4 are spawned again they go back into the one big slime. Lol I'm just spewing random ideas at you guys haha. And it wouldnt hurt to add slayer xp for these bosses (1k xp per kill or something relatable to current rate of xp)

Last edited by IronLungJr2nd (2 Jul 2019 00:47)