Capitalisation

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

So, I've been pondering this thought for a while now and thought I'd suggest it.

The idea is, as many games offer this where usernames are concerned. To incorporate the use of capitalisation into usernames. For example, I could have the account "Shinobi" and also "ShiNobi". This frees up having to use such alternatives as "I Shinobi I" or "X Shinobi X".

Thoughts?

Best Ninja

Player avatar

RickSanchez Send PM

subscriber

If it's not difficult code, I say go for it

Focus on science.

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

That would be too confusing... The only way would be to a low capitalization but store the name still as the name.... in the data base. I wouldn't be happy of another player made SCOrNEDMAgI. Either way that my name and I wouldn't want another player impersonating me or any other player for that matter. -1

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

scornedmagi said:

That would be too confusing... The only way would be to a low capitalization but store the name still as the name.... in the data base. I wouldn't be happy of another player made SCOrNEDMAgI. Either way that my name and I wouldn't want another player impersonating me or any other player for that matter. -1

This is my stance as well.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

scornedmagi said:

You could be impersonated without capitalisation, doesn't make a difference. It's a modernisation to the game. So many other games allow usernames to have it, I don't see why we can't too. All in all it's an excellent suggestion and I expect to see it implemented ASAP! wink

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

This is already suggested by me. To make usernames  case sensitive but to store them in lowercase format so no one can impersonate you. For example you register the name "HELL pker" , it gets stored as "hell pker" that way no one else can have that name, like if they wanted "Hell PKER" they can't register it since it's translated as "hell pker" in the account directory and it's already taken. In game your name appears HELL pker.

Last edited by Cub (23 Sep 2016 01:09)