Server already too botted?

Player avatar

mr derp Send PM

I was really excited to start playing on here, began spending a lot of time training leveling and collecting items to sell.
Then i found the auction house and i gotta say it really disappointed me. I felt like i was making progress collecting
runes and such to sell people, only to see that in the auction house there is MULTIPLE stacks of 100k+ of everything.

So i ask, is this server strictly for pvp? I feel there is no place here for a skiller since the AH is already flooded with botted goods.
As a human i can't compete, took me ages to collect upwards of even 1k of something just to see multiple stacks of 100k+ in AH.

Im sure most people dont care since they only play for the pking, but as someone who plays to skill this is a huge turn off for me.
Is there any point for me to spend time making items when bots already have the AH flooded to the brim with stuff already.
I guess its possible the stuff isnt botted and if that is so i would love to know how so many different people could amass those
insane numbers of items, and if so then the server is doomed because no one will ever need anything since it is so easy to get.

am i missing something here?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

mr derp said:

I was really excited to start playing on here, began spending a lot of time training leveling and collecting items to sell.
Then i found the auction house and i gotta say it really disappointed me. I felt like i was making progress collecting
runes and such to sell people, only to see that in the auction house there is MULTIPLE stacks of 100k+ of everything.

So i ask, is this server strictly for pvp? I feel there is no place here for a skiller since the AH is already flooded with botted goods.
As a human i can't compete, took me ages to collect upwards of even 1k of something just to see multiple stacks of 100k+ in AH.

Im sure most people dont care since they only play for the pking, but as someone who plays to skill this is a huge turn off for me.
Is there any point for me to spend time making items when bots already have the AH flooded to the brim with stuff already.
I guess its possible the stuff isnt botted and if that is so i would love to know how so many different people could amass those
insane numbers of items, and if so then the server is doomed because no one will ever need anything since it is so easy to get.

You got it bit wrong there, what you saw is most likely merchanters flipping runes, there is no way nobody could have ever botted that amount of anything here. We have always had strict control over bots, over 2,401 characters are permanently banned, and only minority are for other offences. It's safe to say that this is the most bot free server to date, ever since start we have fought against them with various bot detection methods and mods are constantly looking out for botters.

Merchanting has been a thing for a while, They basically control the auction house economy and there is nothing we can do about that as it is just another way to play this game. What you can do is to sell for lower price, I'm sure players rather support a new player trying to make money rather than merchanter that has ton of it already.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

mr derp said:

1 thing n0m left out is the fact that you can run as many clients as you can possibly handle. When I use to play, I'd run anywhere from 4-8 clients. Either training, farming stuff on NPC's that i can train without much food consumption, or doing stuff like fishing. I've literally farmed hundred of thousands of runes of various kinds. It's completely possible for a legit player to reach those kind of stacks. If you're an android player you will obviously not be able to run that much, but if you're a PC player, you should certainly practice multi clienting.

Player avatar

Zubrils Send PM

subscriber

We have sick skillers and sick slayers (farming fire giants), we also have sick pkers and bot-free community.

Don't be worried about seeing high amounts of something, as runes come mostly from Drop rates and supplies come from legit farming.

Also the server is running for ~2 years already? Just see highscores, skilling for some people is why the play here. Also even if it's 100k+ runes selling a bulk, it doesn't mean the economy is bad. You can still come and sell your 5k at fair price. Same goes with everything. So you basically have misunderstood it all smile

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Bot get banned fast here

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

As n0m said your assumption of why people have that many runes is wrong.

N0m forgot to point out that monsters have rune drop tables that are higher from original rsc. I know you can get 300-500 drops of runes from dragons and fire giants a like and that's where a lot of runes come from.

People use runes to Pk, so they are consumed so fire and air runes fetch a nice price.

Last edited by runeknight95 (28 Aug 2016 19:29)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Yes ive sold stacks of 1000-10000 of runes no prob even with those 100000 stacks. Just gotta beat their price lol.